New To The Community And Vaping, Need Advise

oddpowers

hi, My wife and I bought an ecig from the local tobacco shop back in Feb. she is still using it and love it. Myself, not so much.

I thought I would try it again, and bought a disposable one, and had the same problem.

It seems it hits my troat pretty hard, kinda make it feel as though its closing up, (i'm sure its not but feels like it) and makes me cough like crazy, and my chest hurt some. It really don't taste all that great either..

Anyway. what are you folks reccomendations to me? The desposible, doesn't have much vapor. but kinda act like there's a lot of nicotine in it.

I'm just not sure where to go from here. I really feel this is gonna be my best bet for quiting smoking, but not if i'm gonna feel bad.

Any idea what the nicotine level is? How much do you smoke?

Typically, the nicotine level in the eliquid is what gives you throat hit. I would suggest trying a lower nicotine level. You may also want to try some juice with a higher VG content as it tends to soften the hit. My wife had similar problems with vaping, but I found out once she got down to 12mg she could vape just about anything. I smoked 1 1/2 packs a day for 20 years and I vape 24mg juice. I like the throat hit.

Most will recommend the eGo for starting (and for long term use). What kind of ecig does you wife use? I guarantee she'd love the ego if you get one. LOL!

i'm not sure what brand it is, but from what I've read, it is similar to a 510. I smoke about a pack to a pack and a half a day. I smoke ultra lights.

Of the two I have tried, they just seem kinda harsh on my throat. I may order me an ego. I would really like to make this work.

Hi and welcome, I agree with Brain, get yourself an ego starter kit, comes with two batteries and they last much longer than the stick ones. If you order some juice you will know what nic level you are getting rather than guessing at what it comes with. You have to hit on the ecig different than an analog, so slow drags on it and maybe you won't cough so much. It does take getting used to.

The Ego really is a great device--I have been in love with mine for about a year. Ordering a couple nicotine strengths is helpful to find what works best for you.

There is no comparison to the disposable systems.

If you really, really, really have to have the thin battery then it the 510---but the battery life is pretty short. The Ego will get you through the day depending on what size you get.

with the right e-cig--you will love vaping !!!

Well, I recieved my eGo starter kit this week end. I've puffed on it a couple times. It certainly is much smother than the disposables. i do, however, have a couple questions.

1. Does any one know what flavor comes with the kit? 2. Can anyone reccomend a flavor thats not to sweet, but not to borring?

I have noticed that normally I pull the smoke into my moth then inhale it. It seems to be a little better if I inhale it directly,(if this makes any sense)

Oh and another question. With a regular cig, when it burns to the end your done, How do I know when I've had enough with the eGo. I really dont like the feeling I get if I've smoked to much.... Sorry for all the goofey questions.

I find putting my pv just out of reach helps with non stop vaping. If I feel the urge, I'll grab it and take a few hits, and put it down. Part of being smokers, we have this hand/mouth habit to break, if the pv is in my hand, I'll keep vaping.

Another thing that helps me, is dripping. I'll drip 3 drops into the attie, and when I need to drip more, I put it down.

Most kits come standard with MLB (tobacco) cartridges.

My first sweet I really liked was boston cream pie (got it from vaporgalaxy.com). Sweet Dawn from Vaportalk store is highly touted, but haven't had chance to try yet... Have organic green apple from sweet-vapes.com, it actually could stand to be a bit sweeter, and the flavor is somewhat subtle, but I wonder if that's due to it being organic and not mainly PG as most of what I have are.

I always draw into mouth then inhale, but this is a preference thing - flavor is better, and get more vapor this way I think.

As for when you're done...well, I'd probably not stop at all if it were possible honestly, but I tend to do between 7-15 puffs then put it down for a while. Or if I'm busy, 2-3, do a bit of whatever I'm working on, then another couple a while later. Out and about, I might do up to 15 puffs, then go 3-4 hours before pulling it out again. (avg cig lasts 10-15 puffs/drags).

Personally, I use lower nic level for when I can vape freely like at home, and a stronger one when I'm at work and cant always use my e cig (or Personal Vaporizer) . I even do zero nic a lot to keep me from getting to much. Neasuea, shaking and jitteryness or trouble concentrating are signs of too much nic. Glad you got an ego, its the way to go.

As far as interesting flavors, you just have to shop around or ask. I started diy juice making after a month and a half of vaping because I couldnt find one I liked. Just shop around, or ask people what they use. My daily vape varies depending on my mood (and my stock, the diy has grown to the point of a bussiness, which I will not name here. I do not pay to be a vendor here, so I do not plug here.) But, a word of advice, you get what you pay for 99% of the time. If you pay 7 dollars for 30ml of e liquid, chances are you not going to get great eliquid. Good luck and enjoy!

Personally, I use lower nic level for when I can vape freely like at home, and a stronger one when I'm at work and cant always use my e cig (or Personal Vaporizer) . I even do zero nic a lot to keep me from getting to much. Neasuea, shaking and jitteryness or trouble concentrating are signs of too much nic. Glad you got an ego, its the way to go.

As far as interesting flavors, you just have to shop around or ask. I started diy juice making after a month and a half of vaping because I couldnt find one I liked. Just shop around, or ask people what they use. My daily vape varies depending on my mood (and my stock, the diy has grown to the point of a bussiness, which I will not name here. I do not pay to be a vendor here, so I do not plug here.) But, a word of advice, you get what you pay for 99% of the time. If you pay 7 dollars for 30ml of e liquid, chances are you not going to get great eliquid. Good luck and enjoy!

This explains the pm