Side Effects?

laura

Hey everyone!

I am brand new to vaping. Got my Joye eGo last week and I love it. Have tried everything to quit cigs and wow this totally works. Have been vaping since Friday on 11mg PG juice from Vaporkings. Yesterday I went all day without a regular cig (yay!) - but I began to notice some major sedation-type effects. Spacey, lethargic type feeling. Its still with me this morning.

So - could this be a side effect from the PG? Or maybe nicotine/cig withdrawal? I was a pack-a-day smoker for 15 years. But I read at high doses, PG is a CNS depressant.

Has anyone else experienced this? Would switching to VG help?

Thanks!!

Hi Laura and welcome to Vapor Talk! Congratulations on choosing the eGo. It's the best way to start in my opinion. I think what you're going through is more of a withdrawal from all the chemicals in cigarettes. It's happened to a lot of us. Very few people are allergic to PG, so that probably isn't the problem. Give it a couple of weeks and see what happens. You'll start to notice a lot of positive changes very soon - easier breathing, being able to taste food better, being able to smell more things, more energy, etc. Just give it some time. You can always switch to just VG later if you really need to, but don't be in a hurry.

Good luck and happy vaping!!!

Congratulations Laura!

I have to agree with 'nana'. Just give it some time. It was my experience though that a 14mg liquid was causing me to have major nic withdraws. I was also a 'pack a day' smoker (16yrs). You might want to step it up to 24mg to avoid the symptoms and drop off after a few months. Drink lots of water too :)

Believe me Laura, its worth the trouble to regain your senses and finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Good Luck! Report back often!

Thanks everyone for the feedback! I still can't tell whether its too high or too low. I am vaping 11mg/ml. Out of my 10ml bottle, I have used about 1/4 in 4 days.

I did smoke 5-6 regular cigs today instead of vaping and I do feel better.

Tomorrow I am going to measure out exactly 1ml of the liquid and determine just how many grams of nicotine I am getting per day and this should give me a better idea of what I need to do.

Am getting new juice which is 80/20 PG/VG and interested to see if this helps!

PS - I read one of the side effects of nicotine overdose is loss of appetite - and I can tell you I have never been hungrier in my LIFE! :(

ok I gotta post this:

So I just measured out how many drops from my dropper bottle equal 1ml; it takes 37 drops to equal 1ml of liquid or 11mg nicotine. Each of my carts hold ~5 drops of liquid at a time and I am refilling the carts 3x per day for a total of 15 drops or approximately 5mg nicotine per day.

No wonder I am hungry and tired! :icecream: