All Pg?

Hi all -

So I tried the website "Tasty Vapor" at the urging of a friend. I was quite impressed by all their choices, and I must say, I like the bottle style (with a more precise dripper) better than my usual supplier, and the prices were lower, and it shipped just as fast.

However, when I checked out, I was given the option to make it "ALL PG" or a few different percentages of "SG." Now, obviously it's my fault for not researching, but I chose ALL PG for both bottles. Everything is perfect with this juice, except when I inhale completely, and exhale, there is no vapor!!

If I just breath it in, but don't inhale, and blow it out, there's a giant cloud. Now since then, I've read that one of the side effects of PG is that there's less vapor.. but absolutely none? Is there anything I can add to these bottles to increase the vapor output? Or maybe there is something wrong with my atomizer?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Yay F. Beer

I get PLUMES of vapor with my 100% PG juices. I take a nice long drag all into my mouth then inhale it in to my lungs. I still have a lot of vapor upon the exhale. Now if you hold it in for a long time it will certainly be much less. You could always add some VG to it for extra vapor production... although it may weaken your flavors considerably.

no vapor at all sounds wierd, even at 100% pg. i guess if you're holding it in for a REALLY long time, it might all be dissipating into your lungs.... who knows. There's certainly less vapor with pg, but not a ridiculous amount. from what i've discovered so far, the difference in mix of pg and vg has a greater effect on the end result of taste than it does on vapor production. certain flavors lend themselves better to different mixes, for me personally, anything fruity needs to be lots of pg, very little vg, or it tastes chalky or a bit like tree bark, with coffee flavors, it's kinda the opposite, depending. i've only had one 100%vg juice that i liked, and it's a coffee flavor. 100%vg will make more vapor than a high-pg juice, but it feels about the same, which to me is what matters. sure i could get my cherry and watermelon flavors in 100% vg versions for more vapor, but they'd taste awful (and yes, i've tried). both of those flavors are just right at 80 pg / 20 vg, and the low vg content doesn't impact throat hit or vapor production in any really significant way.

Try different mixes, find what works best for you

Jon

Same for me, I get thick clouds of Vapor when using PG. I normally take a good 3-4 second hit.

Thanks all. I'm going to have to do some experimenting when I get home. I'm hitting it the same way I've been hitting it for the past year, with the regular juices I ordered from my original supplier. Literally no vapor comes out at all. I can taste the hit, and it's very very strong, one would expect a massive cloud.

It's got to be something with atomizer I'm using.. it's probably a good month old if not older at this point.

Thanks again!

Thanks all. I'm going to have to do some experimenting when I get home. I'm hitting it the same way I've been hitting it for the past year, with the regular juices I ordered from my original supplier. Literally no vapor comes out at all. I can taste the hit, and it's very very strong, one would expect a massive cloud.

It's got to be something with atomizer I'm using.. it's probably a good month old if not older at this point.

Thanks again!

come to think of it, i recently had that same basic issue, but it was because an atomizer was dying.

Jon

I must say that I am also now a lifetime client of Tasty Vapors. I had been getting menthol juice from Dragonfly (my original supplier) for a year, and while it was decent.. it didn't have anywhere near the throat hit and soothing icy aloe feel that this juice has. This stuff is amazing. This may be what breaks me away from real cigs forever. It hits harder and offers much more menthol feel than even a camel menthol with the blue pill cracked...

Just thought I'd throw that out there. (Maybe that belongs in the supplier category instead)

- Yay F. Beer

An unfortunate update..

It seems that after maybe 20-30 minutes, this same thing happens no matter what atomizer I use. I plug in a different cart, with juice from my normal supplier (dragonfly) and I still get clouds of vapor. I've tried 4 different atomizers, and a cartomizer. They all work fine with juice I did not buy from tastyvapor. There's got to be something about "all pg" juice. I can seriously take a 5+ second hit, drag it all in, and breath out, and nothing comes out. I can feel the hit, it's very strong.. but there is no vapor.

I had the same trouble with 100% PG juice. Apparently it depends on your setup and vaping style; some people get good vapes with 100% PG -- I didn't. I added a little VG, switched to 70/30 and 80/20 blends, and all is right in the world now. You can see my post:

Thanks for the info!

How does one go about mixing two juices? Can I just mix some of the other stuff I have with the newer stuff I bought, or is it more scientific than that? Seems if I drop half of the new stuff, and half of the old stuff in my cart, I get some pretty good vapor .. (And some interesting flavors.. peanut butter menthol!?)

If that's unsafe to do, maybe I should stop doing it. But I have a ton of small fruit bottles, and would not mind mixing those with my new all PG menthol juice if it means it won't go to waste.

Also, glad to meet a fellow yinzer! How bout those Bucs this year!?

- Yay F. Beer

Thanks for the info!

How does one go about mixing two juices? Can I just mix some of the other stuff I have with the newer stuff I bought, or is it more scientific than that? Seems if I drop half of the new stuff, and half of the old stuff in my cart, I get some pretty good vapor .. (And some interesting flavors.. peanut butter menthol!?)

If that's unsafe to do, maybe I should stop doing it. But I have a ton of small fruit bottles, and would not mind mixing those with my new all PG menthol juice if it means it won't go to waste.

Also, glad to meet a fellow yinzer! How bout those Bucs this year!?

- Yay F. Beer

Mix away! If the nic level is different, then you'll end up with a different mg of nic, but other than that, shouldn't be any problem.