What Is The Benefit Of The Tank System?

Hello guys,

I know its been awhile. The reason..... I got tired of wasting money on different low res anny, ejuice's, mods, ect... I could never find anything I liked, it was WAY too much trouble. The last thing I tried was a cartomizer, I inhaled, tasted like I was smoking burnt metal. That was the last time I tried anything. However I REALLY need to quit, so i'm back!

I am guessing with the tank system, the burning taste is gone???? is that correct??? Someone please tell me yes :) I don't want to waste more money on crap I only try once.

If you want to get away from the burt taste, move away from the 510. That's just my opinion of course, but here would be my recommendation.

Use a variable voltage mod so you can dial in the right amount of heat that you are lookng for. Get the mod with an 801 fitting, and use Joye 302 attys on it. the 302 atty won't burn as hot as a 510 to begin with, and the use of variable voltage will let you bring the voltage up high enough for this fogotten atomizer rock your world.

I still only use the 510's--one of these days I will get around to trying a different type.

currently, I have been using the 510 tank with the ego and for me anyway, it works better than the ego tank. drawback--only holds about 1/2 ml liquid, but is easy enough to have a couple extra filled tanks on hand.

2nd draw back--they seem to run perfect for about a week then die off a bit, but still workable. I have found that If I alternate after a week or so, it works well again.

Good flavor, good throat hit.

overall, the 510 tank has been working pretty well. I do still drip when I am at home (just personal preference). I don't know that there is any perfect answer. I find the 510 tank is really pretty low maintenance and works well.

there are 2 types of tanks that I am aware of. 1 is known as the MAP tank, it uses a C2 style cartomizer that doesn't have any of the poly fiber filler. It uses some braided nylon type of wick the problem with this tank is gravity. The wick has to pull the liquid UP into the atomizer, which rests on top of the device. loved this device for the first 3-5 mls I put through each cartomizer and then it would inevitably get burnt and I would toss it.

The other type is known as the Liquidator, this one does use the Boge poly fiber cartomizer that you may have tried. The difference is that you cut slots in the BOTTOM of the cartomizer and gravity pulls the liquid to the atomizer. I have been using this for about a month and not a single burnt cartomizer yet.

I don't think a tank is a great 24/7 solution, I use it when it isn't practical or safe to drip. I agree with the part about variable voltage mod, I wouldn't use anything without regulated voltage.

There are problems with all devices,with cartomisers you need to make sure to not let them go too dry or they will taste burnt.Low res./higher voltage will burn easier cause it is hotter.I think some of the charm in vaping is the tinkering,kind of like pipe smokers,they always seem to be fiddeling with the gear.With all devices there is a certain amount of the liquid that gets left behind ,I would think that would contaminate all the liquid in a tank so I have avoided them so far ,that and the fact that e-liquid will leak out of about anything and by virtue of design tanks would seem to me to more prone to leakage than cartomisers.

Mcquinn is right, every device and its components currently have its draw backs. Even after 2 years I still like trying new things and 'tinkering'. I know for many, dripping is a pain and seems like a lot of works, but for me it has just become second nature and I don't think about it at all. Kinda like when I smoked, I didn't think much about finding a place to have a smoke, digging out a cigarette, finding my lighter ect.....

knock on wood, I haven't had a single leakage problem with the 510 tanks--it really has been the lowest maintenance system I have used. perfect for work or when I can't drip, but dripping will always be my sweet spot.

I really hope you can find what works for you, The journey really can be very frustrating.

• 1 month later...

this is what I use, and never a burnt taste yet !!! .A V.V. box mod ( Madvapes) and the liquiator ( Vaporescence) with a L.R. carto... Take the vv up to about 4.5 to 5 volts never tasted like crap yet, been 2 weeks now, and I vape about 4ml daily

I use the ego-t and the 510-t ......cant decide which I like better. I also find they wear out after 4-7 days. I use them both with a different flavor in each.

When they start to get a stiff draw or performance seems to be down I pop the plate out, rinse the wick, and do a dry burn and they are good as new again. One thing I have found is the ego-t plate will snap back in. The 510-t atty plate I could not get to snap back in so I just stick the spear plate into the plastic tank and insert it into the atty and it wicks fine. Kinda cool and easy to clean but when I refill I have to pull the tank out and remove the spear plate from the tank to refill. Kinda wish the ego-t tank did this. Would be easier to clean.

I got this method from Vicky at cignot.com......theres a video somewhere in the forums showing this. Cept I use a paper clip and needle nose pliers to pull on the paperclip to dislodge the spear plate.

Video link.