Texas Heat And Leaks Related ?

Carlos

Hi there

Have had a couple of issue with my new Ego-T and through the help of some nice members here I fixed them, but another question is now in order ...

I am now aware of the leak issues related to the Ego-t atty but can extreme heat, over 100, can make things worse ?

We take ours to work and leave them in the van while working and every now and then when we go there to vape for a couple of minutes we've found the atty dripping, and the tanks with lots of condensation, and none of that happens when we're at home, even using the same devices.

Please advice, thanks :thumbsup:

Really does sound like it could be the heat. I had the same problem when I was in arizona, all my devices seem to leak a bit more that usual.

I had somebody recommend way back when..... put them in a thermal lunch type container with ice packs in the bottom and keep the device and liquid in there. wrap the ice packs in towel or paper towel to absorb condensation from the ice melting through the day and keep out of the sun.

Really does sound like it could be the heat. I had the same problem when I was in arizona, all my devices seem to leak a bit more that usual.

I had somebody recommend way back when..... put them in a thermal lunch type container with ice packs in the bottom and keep the device and liquid in there. wrap the ice packs in towel or paper towel to absorb condensation from the ice melting through the day and keep out of the sun.

I was thinking about doing something similar, but I carry enough crap as it is :)

Both of our egos leaked today too, but is brutal here, around 105

Heat will thin out the liquid and make a leaky device leakier.Perhaps you should just use an atty and drip ,that way the liquid is sealed in a bottle whilst not in use.

Im in Dallas, and now that you mention it, I think you could be right. I used the tank for about 3 days and went back to a standard atty. The few times it leaked were under increased heat. Possible, also, that the plastic tank gets hot and loosens and the hole no longer makes a tight seal around the atty... I'd just get a standard 501 LR and direct drip. Shouldnt really be a bother. Plus, I found I was burning through 2-3 ml a day vs 6-8 per week.

Just a thought from a fellow Texan suffering in the scorching heat.

PS. How about them Mavs!!!!!!! Hell yes!

Im in Dallas, and now that you mention it, I think you could be right. I used the tank for about 3 days and went back to a standard atty. The few times it leaked were under increased heat. Possible, also, that the plastic tank gets hot and loosens and the hole no longer makes a tight seal around the atty... I'd just get a standard 501 LR and direct drip. Shouldnt really be a bother. Plus, I found I was burning through 2-3 ml a day vs 6-8 per week.

Just a thought from a fellow Texan suffering in the scorching heat.

PS. How about them Mavs!!!!!!! Hell yes!

What's Heat ? :P