Good News: Your Driving Test Has Concluded

That is really good! I learned how to drive in a 72 Super Beetle. The brake and the clutch pedals are very close to each other. I pulled into our driveway and my mom was yelling at me to hit the brake. I thought I was on the brake, but I was actually pushing on the clutch. I hit our van that was parked in the garage. Thank god the garage was open. No damage to the van, but there was a nice dent in my VW hood.

I failed my first driving test. I got an IROC-Z a month before my 16th birthday and couldn't wait to drive it. I busted my driving test via speeding and then blowing through a stop sign. Call it foreshadowing. :blush:

I failed my first driving test. I got an IROC-Z a month before my 16th birthday and couldn't wait to drive it. I busted my driving test via speeding and then blowing through a stop sign. Call it foreshadowing. :blush:

If I had that car for my driving test, I would have probably done the same thing. :)

Right...what did they expect?

Things are no different now. I am rarely ever grateful about the fact that I moved back to St. Louis, but there is certainly one big perk I appreciate...the twisted ways we can get out of speeding tickets here. I take FULL advantage of it. Literally, I get 3 or 4 of them a year, and I just pay my lawyer $45 to make them go away (plus court costs, of course). My insurance company never finds out about anything, as long as I buck up. On average, I'd say my speeding tickets cost $250 a piece. YES, I have the option of slowing down and driving like my Grandma, therefore avoiding said inconveniences. I'd save a ton of money if I did just that, but I like to drive, and I really like to go fast. I have a little philosophy on this: I consider the lawyer fees/court costs to be an optional tax. If I choose to pay that tax (which I do), I get to drive however fast I want, ALL the time. Yes, it costs more, but it's worth it to me. Twisted, I know...

Driving slow is overrated. Just be safe and preferable do it when nobody is on the road with you :)

I can see why you both failed your drivers test, it's not your fault it's a little something that staff here at Vapor Talk like to call the Y chromosome :lol::D :D

Driving slow is overrated. Just be safe and preferable do it when nobody is on the road with you :)

I can see why you both failed your drivers test, it's not your fault it's a little something that staff here at Vapor Talk like to call the Y chromosome :lol::D :D

That's actually true. I think it's 100% proven that anyone with the Y chromosome cannot drive. Granted there are a few exceptions but those cases are like 1 in 1.5 billion or something. So if you're one of those people with the Y chromosome, don't blame yourself, blame genetics. :D

Edited by Sean

That's actually true. I think it's 100% proven that anyone with the Y chromosome cannot drive. Granted there are a few exceptions but those cases are like 1 in 1.5 billion or something. So if you're one of those people with the Y chromosome, don't blame yourself, blame genetics. biggrin.gif

I don't want to argue that but take a look at this girl drive.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/077-Top-Gear-Ford-Transit_183699.htm

I do have to agree about women drivers most are really horrible even with kids in the car. I really hate saying that, being a woman.

That video was great! She really has some skills.

The most scariest and funniest moment I had was after flying for 24 hours and getting into a car with a woman that was a race car driver! OMG! It would have been much easier and really enjoyable if I was not sleep deprived, it was not rush hour, and we were in America! That was my first experience with driving on the opposite side of the road, in the front passenger seat (the driver seat in US) and round abouts. That invisible brake that I kept pushing was not helping! :lol: I was so glad to have a beer when we arrived at our final destination.

Like I said, it doesn't apply to all just 98%. Don't forget about Dacika Patrick either who races professionally in the U.S. too.

P.S. That chick wasn't normal, she was German! :lol: