Potatoes

Has anyone ever heard of getting nicotine from Potatoes? The gal at the mall kiosk said all their nicotine was from potatoes so I looked it up. Sure enough from potatoes and tomatoes. When I tried her "Marlboro Lights" sample I swear it tasted just like potatoes. I think that would cut me off vaping right there. :no

Cherie

Edited by Cheriepye

That is one of the points made in support of nicotine ,it is a common compound we get in several forms and as such should not be subject to regulation.Caffiene is another .

Here is a break down for you

Vegetable - Nicotine in ng/g - g per 1µg nicotine

• Cauliflower 16.8 - 59.5
  • Eggplant (Aubergine) 100.0 - 10
  • Potatoes 7.1 - 140
  • Green tomatoes 42.8 - 23.4
  • Ripe tomatoes 4.3 - 233.0
  • Pureed tomatoes 52.0 - 19.2

1µg of nicotine is the equivalent of sitting in a smoke filled room for three hours. A cigarette contains about 7mg of nicotine, of which 1mg is absorbed. In other words, 100g of eggplant contains 0.01mg of nicotine, and 10kg of eggplant is equivalent to one cigarette. However, absorption rates from ingestion are low and nicotine is quickly metabolized, so the effect isn't nearly the same.

There may be nicotine in potatoes but I am highly skeptical that an e-juice manufacturer is soley using potatoes for their nic.

I agree, but it sure tasted like a cold raw potato...lol

Cherie