Low Resistance Vs High Resistance

So an Ohm is a measurement of resistance. So, that means if I want the low resistance ones I get the lower nubmer right? buy the 2 Ohm rather than the 3 Ohm. Why would someone want a bigger resistance? wouldn't it be like sucking on an empty carto? or would I not notice a difference?

I'm using my eGo with the standard battery 650mAh - I think. Whatever the kit came with.

The lower ohms or using higher voltage than 3.9 makes the element get hotter.That makes vapor quicker and more abundant .It also changes the flavor of some liquids .It will cause you use liquid a little faster as you will vaporise more of it quicker so topping off or dripping will be more frequent.I perxonally don't care for it .Deang liquid which I prefer seems to be best vaped at standard resistance at 3.9 volts.It is like liquid flavors a personal preference.Low resistance will also drain your batteries quicker .

I prefer LR atomizers on my eGo's the flavor and throat hit is miles better (for me) Like Mcquinn said, it does drain the battery faster. I get a good 6 hours or so out of it even using LR attys. Standard would be any where from 2.2-2.8ohms. 2.2 is sort of low, but I've seen them sold as "standard" resistance. 3.0 and higher is meant to be used vaping with a higher voltage device, and your eGo is around 3.7. I would stay away from the higher resistance atomizers.

1.5 ohm is what I use, which is your basic LR atomizer. 2.0 ohms will be very similar but not drain your battery quite as quick. Your kit came with standard atomizers, unless you requested LR. Probably around 2.5ohms, depending on the brand.

Edited by Typcin

Your kit came with standard atomizers, unless you requested LR. Probably around 2.5ohms, depending on the brand.

I have no clue what they came with, they are thin. Thinner than my cartomizers. If they are standard, is that why I find it hard to draw on it sometimes? Can I just order low resistance atomizers that fit 510's? Is that why I have to order a drip tip too? Mine came with a 'mouth piece' as part of the atomizer...no cartridge. shrug

Yes you can order 510 LR's to use on your Ego. You can probably use the mouthpiece that came with your kit. The LR's should come with an empty cartridge top. I would suggest buying a couple of extra drip tips for a 510. It is always nice to have more than one. With the LR you will experience more throat hit, warmer vape and maybe some loss of flavor.

Edited by BirdDog

HR attys and cartos are for high voltage applications. 5v, 6v and 7.4.

My 6v mod dries a standard atty in half a puff. I run 4.5 ohm cartos and they vape like heaven!

LR stuff is all I run at 3.7v. Come to think of it, I dont ven use standard attys anymore. LR, I get them as low as I can, 1.5 ohm mostly. HR or HV 4.5-5ohm.

Thanks everyone...so my battery is 3.7volts? I'm terrible at this stuff...I just wanna know what i have and what to get.

So, to round it up:

Stay with the lr Boge cartos.

forget the cartridges.

get some 510 lr attys with extra drip tips (and I assume they come in different oHms as well? sigh)

drip, vape and repeat...as I read somewhere.

:-)