Ready To Make The Leap Into 5V Vaping

So after receiving my 5V PT I can't go back., I just love the feel of warmer vapor and how it seems to almost vape itself. Yes my eGo's will stay with me, but I love the higher voltage.

My issue is which way to go?

Money is very tight so I'm limited in choices. I can't afford the Provari and don't want a wet box. I'm a Carto kinda girl, and I lean towards tubes. The GLV 2 is at the top of my list, but I'm concerned about the exposed wires in the top cap. Does anyone have one and have you had problems with it? Also I hear it's not sealed very well so people use goosenecks (don't particulary like those) but I really like the simple design and button location (is the biggest plus for me) Something comfortable in my hand is important. Bottom buttons are out.

Can you give me your thoughts a on good 5V. Thanks abuncha Beans

PS I really can't spend more than $150 including Batts and charger :(

Edited by Beans

You can try one of the 5v "Old Goat" mods. There are 2 models. 1 is a bottom feeder and one is not. It's only $25 without the batteries and charger. So after you get everything, you should still be way under the $150 mark.

EDITED TO ADD LINK: http://oldgoatmods.com/Page3.html

That's a good idea till I can afford something nicer.

Edited by Beans

Beans.

I took the 5v plunge right away. I bought a Tekk Mod on here. I had a hard time at first. Man does it go throgh juice! But now I love it.

I also got a Megaladon, it rocks! You can buy them from the UK, or wait a bit and get one from Jason or Rob at Electronicstix. Around $125 for PV batteries and charger. Add a little more for 5v batts and charger.

Right now I'm lovin true 3.7 and LR cartos(why did it take so long for me to get into cartos?). I use the Tekk Mod at home or at work. The extra heat and TH are awesome.

Nice Saab, I know the Tekk is sold out as well, and I'm a little leery of anything plastic. I'm pretty uncoordinated. The Megaladon looks good, but I know I want something right now. LOL :innocent: The waiting is the hardest.

Glad the cartos are working for you!

Nice Saab, I know the Tekk is sold out as well, and I'm a little leery of anything plastic. I'm pretty uncoordinated. The Megaladon looks good, but I know I want something right now. LOL :innocent: The waiting is the hardest.

Glad the cartos are working for you!

The Tekk can be found if you look around. There is even a VV version. It is, at least for me a home PV because of the plastic body. Although I do take it to play poker.

I understand the waiting thing. I just bought a "Don", a Prodigy V3, and an Old goat bottom feeder(and flashlight mod).

I want a VV device, but if I buy one, I will be murdered in my sleep LOL.

Fran, they are out of stock.....What do they normally run anyways? Thanks

Beans, I ordered the unit and two chargers, 5 v battery and 2 3.7 batteries and it was like 140, but they were out of kits, it would have been cheaper to buy kits, he usually has discount codes too, I love the options. :thumbsup:

You can get a blemished Infinity kit for $92.50. Variable voltage, come with two batteries and charger. You can pick up an extra set of batts for $8.00.

http://www.notcigs.com/products/BLEMISHED--Infinity-∞-Kit-with-Batteries-and-Charger.html

I forgot about the Infinity, they get great reviews. I almost bought one, but it looks huge. I need to see one with something for scale, like in a persons hand. Great price though.

You can get a blemished Infinity kit for $92.50. Variable voltage, come with two batteries and charger. You can pick up an extra set of batts for $8.00.

http://www.notcigs.com/products/BLEMISHED--Infinity-∞-Kit-with-Batteries-and-Charger.html

Thanks Brian, I haven't looked at those yet. Do you have one? Like it?

Tekk Mod seems a bit pricey considering you cannot replace the batteries once they go bad, unless there is a way I am not aware of.

Go with a Big Kazoo or the other box mod recommended here, but make sure to buy extra batteries if you want to take it with you when you are out and about.

Thanks Brian, I haven't looked at those yet. Do you have one? Like it?

Arrg, ok they Have the Buzz as well as the infinity. I'm so close to making a buy. I need your trusted advice guys.

The infinity has a week lead as well as the "Blemish" issue. I wonder how bad and where? (Im slightly vain) It also has a wheel volt adjuster. Which is nice as well as the over all look.

The Buzz looks great but needs a screwdriver to adjust, and doesnt seem as delicate.

Please someone tell me which to buy LOL.

I have to go to work now, I'll be expecting some good answer when I get home. :thumbsup: Thanks everyone!

From what I've heard, you really have to look for the blemish on the blemished models he sells. However, I'd hate for you to be disappointed. Keep in mind that with the Buzz I think you'll have to get the volt meter attachment so you'll know what it's set at.

Arrg, ok they Have the Buzz as well as the infinity. I'm so close to making a buy. I need your trusted advice guys.

The infinity has a week lead as well as the "Blemish" issue. I wonder how bad and where? (Im slightly vain) It also has a wheel volt adjuster. Which is nice as well as the over all look.

The Buzz looks great but needs a screwdriver to adjust, and doesnt seem as delicate.

Please someone tell me which to buy LOL.

I have to go to work now, I'll be expecting some good answer when I get home. :thumbsup: Thanks everyone!

Between the Buzz and the Infinity, go with the Infinity. Get the kit with batts and charger. I'll think you will be happy.

The Buzz is not a "delicate" device, but is a good one.

All this 5v talk and I'm rockin the "Don" at 3.7 w/LR carto. Keep on vapin! No need for HV when you have a huge battery and LR carto/atty!

I got my Prodigy V3 today. 6v with small batts is not what its cracked up to be. Not bad, but not great.

Ok I did it! I ordered a Black Infinity with 2 extra sets of batts. Of course now I'm reading Boge cartos Reg don't always work on them. Surgery is required. I'll be brave and learn. Anyways I'm so excited, let the waiting begin.....Side note., when it arrives I can only use it when Hubby is away. :wallbash: I figure it will be at least 2 months before I can "afford" to buy it. :innocent: Did I forget to mention 2 bottles of Midnight.....Yum Yum

Edited by Beans

hi beans i am excited for you it's always fun to get new toys .please let us know how you like it . i would like to get one as well . happy waiting thats part the fun too. :jump:

Great job Beans,

I am in Mod trouble myself. I am cut off until my six month smoke free anniversary.

Of course you know, you have to post pics and a review.

Hahaha, after reading this, I brought my 6month vapeaversary to his attention and asked him what special little MOD I'd be receiving LOL.

He had NO idea what the words coming out of my mouth could possibly mean. ( variable voltage, reverse battery protection) so I showed him the Provari. :) hehe It's our 7 year anniversary too. I just might have a shot lol. Oh I'm a bad bad girl :innocent: