Imr 18350 Batteries

Infamy

I recently ordered a Triple V from Kalamazoo Vapor Shop and it arrived today, along with the trustfire multi-charger and two IMR 18350's

So far they have been charging for almost two hours, I was wondering how long does a typical charge take, and how long these batteries tend to last?

Any advice or info greatly accepted, I can't wait to try this thing out.

I recently ordered a Triple V from Kalamazoo Vapor Shop and it arrived today, along with the trustfire multi-charger and two IMR 18350's

So far they have been charging for almost two hours, I was wondering how long does a typical charge take, and how long these batteries tend to last?

Any advice or info greatly accepted, I can't wait to try this thing out.

I don't know about the batteries but I can't wait for you to try it and tell us about it. I'm thinking about buying something that uses cheaper batteries than my eGo and the choices are endless. :detective:

I don't know about the batteries but I can't wait for you to try it and tell us about it. I'm thinking about buying something that uses cheaper batteries than my eGo and the choices are endless. :detective:

Well I think the batteries are all charged, they don't have a nipple on them and I'm not able to vape, I have a feeling I'll need different batteries.

Odd that they would sell batteries that don't work in the mod. That may be why they sell these battery spacers.

http://www.kalamazoo...97/Default.aspx

I would suggest you contact them and ask. :)

Just sent them an email, I hope to hear from them soon. I have to sy though I really believe it's the batteries and not the mod, it's machined beautifully and is not shoddily put together.

Just sent them an email, I hope to hear from them soon. I have to sy though I really believe it's the batteries and not the mod, it's machined beautifully and is not shoddily put together.

I agree. From my understanding, many mods will not take the batteries without the nipple on them (especially tube mods). I believe the spacer is a magnet and will attach to the top of the batteries so that it will make contact with the mod connector.

I just got some 14500's ,I don't expect too much from them they are 600 mAh and regular 14500's are 900 mAh .Not too sure why the vendor said they would last longer.Guess I will find out when they get done charging.

Just talked to James via phone at Kalamazoo Vapor Shop, he said he'd be shipping out new batteries to me, as that seems to be the issue.

I looked around and apparently the batteries don't need a positive nipple to make contact... so I might just have a dead one. Any way to test if the batteries are DOA?

I got my 14500 IMR's today,they charged as fast as a Lithium ion .Seem to be hitting like a higher voltage so it must be allowing more current flow.Not as nasty and burnt tasting as 5 volts though.Mine are rated at 600 mAh and regular lithium ion is 900 mAh so I expect way shorter useage time from it if it really is flowing more current it should be way shorter but time will tell.Kind of sux that it doesn't have the button on the positive end I had to stick a spacer in to make contact on my box mods.

I got my 14500 IMR's today,they charged as fast as a Lithium ion .Seem to be hitting like a higher voltage so it must be allowing more current flow.Not as nasty and burnt tasting as 5 volts though.Mine are rated at 600 mAh and regular lithium ion is 900 mAh so I expect way shorter useage time from it if it really is flowing more current it should be way shorter but time will tell.Kind of sux that it doesn't have the button on the positive end I had to stick a spacer in to make contact on my box mods.

Well, it looks like the batteries aren't bad, but aren't making contact. I've tested them on a multimeter, they're reading correctly, looks like I'll need some sort of spacer or batteries with a nub.... and if tht isn't the case i'll have to return the V for a new one.

I have the Triple V with those batteries. When drained they can take about 3 hours to charge but go about 8-10 hours easily depending on how you vape. I pulled the spring up on my VVV just a tiny bit and it makes perfect contact. I did order a set of Trustfire 16340s and tried a set in it, they work great but move a bit in there. Try pulling the spring up gently and see if that works. You will love the V it is built like a tank like vapes like a dream.

I have the Triple V with those batteries. When drained they can take about 3 hours to charge but go about 8-10 hours easily depending on how you vape. I pulled the spring up on my VVV just a tiny bit and it makes perfect contact. I did order a set of Trustfire 16340s and tried a set in it, they work great but move a bit in there. Try pulling the spring up gently and see if that works. You will love the V it is built like a tank like vapes like a dream.

at this rate I've tried 2 cr123's too, no vape still i'll try adjusting the spring, however I did talk to James about this, it may be a button issue, turnaround cause of mail looks like a week if I send it in, I must say that his customer service is excellent, and I will continue to do business with him.

at this rate I've tried 2 cr123's too, no vape still i'll try adjusting the spring, however I did talk to James about this, it may be a button issue, turnaround cause of mail looks like a week if I send it in, I must say that his customer service is excellent, and I will continue to do business with him.

Spring adjust didn't work, any other ideas? Looks like it's time to do a swap return.

Ok by now I would have had to switch batteries with a lithium ion and the lithium mag is still pumping out the vapor.Other than the short positive nubbin these things are pretty good.I still don't see how a 600 mAh battery can pump out more vapor longer than a 900 mAh .Something isn't adding up.

Ok by now I would have had to switch batteries with a lithium ion and the lithium mag is still pumping out the vapor.Other than the short positive nubbin these things are pretty good.I still don't see how a 600 mAh battery can pump out more vapor longer than a 900 mAh .Something isn't adding up.

li ion like trustfires and ultra mAh ratings are total BS.

imr gives a better power curve under load

so if li-ion drops a voltage imr would drop less than that.

you get a more constant voltage yet less mAh due to that running the batteries out faster.

i actually go threw 3 18650 imrs a day (min) with lr on the D cup but usually i do 6v on it.

I just got some 14500's ,I don't expect too much from them they are 600 mAh and regular 14500's are 900 mAh .Not too sure why the vendor said they would last longer.Guess I will find out when they get done charging.

You gotta take those ratings with a grain of salt.

Here's a standard UltraFire 14500, 900mAh cell actually tested at a modest .8A drain.

14500ic_800mA_600mAh_2.jpg

True capacity 592mAh. Also note the time it took, 44.28 min. I would assume at a more vape like drain, ~1.4A it would drain in about ~30 min.

If you use standard 14500 and LR 1.5Ω atties you are also beating that cell death, aging it prematurely. It's not made for such a drain (even with standard Joye atties) and can expect it's capacity to drop after about 100 charge cycles, not the some 300-500 claimed.

I use standard resistance atties and carto's.I did not care at all for 5 volts so I figure I won't like LR either.I would recomend the IMR batteries the only drawback is the positive end being flat yuo will have to invent a spacer to work with your rig.

• 1 month later...

I have had my IMR 14500 batteries two months now ,they don't seem to hold a charge as long as a Lithium ion of the same age.They still work good while they work .Between having to make spacers and the short lifespan I would have to not buy those anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

I have had my IMR 14500 batteries two months now ,they don't seem to hold a charge as long as a Lithium ion of the same age.They still work good while they work .Between having to make spacers and the short lifespan I would have to not buy those anymore.

Well what BRAND of IMRs did you get?

They just say BDL 100520 100429 IMR14500-600 mAh 3.7 V. I got them from ElectroNicStix.Overall I was not too impressed with them.They did hit a little hotter than normal 14500's but not as hot as 5 volts.

Thanks good to know. I wonder if the AW's may perform better.

Yea you get a higher initial volatge, partly because they don't have a protection circuit to deal with.

I'll try the AWs I need the shorter size more than anything for a mod I'm building.

I've recently been comparing the AW 14500 High Drains (the red ones) and AW 14500 Protected (the black ones) on my Apex Ultra and Super Six

The High Drains give good steady performance and stop suddenly, the Protecteds good good steady performance for longer than the high drains and then tail off.

If you don't need the shorter form factor I'd go for the standard protected batteries

I've recently been comparing the AW 14500 High Drains (the red ones) and AW 14500 Protected (the black ones) on my Apex Ultra and Super Six

The High Drains give good steady performance and stop suddenly, the Protecteds good good steady performance for longer than the high drains and then tail off.

If you don't need the shorter form factor I'd go for the standard protected batteries

It's in the details, one size does not fit all. What OHMs are you using.