Cleaning Cartomizer And Atomizer

cheryli

I heard I can boil my cartomizers for 15 mins and reuse them...saw a few youtube videos on that...can I do that? I don't want to play with the 'guts.' Can I do the same with my atomizer? It's all coffee tasting now and I can't seem to get that strong taste out.

-Cheryl

I heard I can boil my cartomizers for 15 mins and reuse them...saw a few youtube videos on that...can I do that? I don't want to play with the 'guts.' Can I do the same with my atomizer? It's all coffee tasting now and I can't seem to get that strong taste out.

-Cheryl

I'll tell you what you shouldn't do, which is pull the fill out to dry it... it's easy enough to take out, not so easy to put back in, i let it sit for a day and it was nowhere near dry, so i'm not sure how long it takes to dry out so you can re-use it, however, i also didn't blow through it after forcing hot water through it, so that may be why it didn't dry out, from what i've heard, 24 hours is enough drying time, i'm about to boil my boge 510 cartomizers, so i'll let you know how that turns out.

As for atomizers, i've been just forcing hot water through it with a..... thing... it's like the rubber part of a turkey baster, and it has something to do with babies, and they're like 4 bucks at walgreens, i have no idea what their intended purpose is, but if you look through the newbie tutorials, there's a great video that shows how to use it. I would think that atomizers need less drying time as there's no fill, but who knows, 24 hours was perfect for me.

Jon

be very careful if you boil them. I spilled a pot of boiling water on my hand and arm and got 2nd degree burns. the scars are terrible. I would use an ear bulb to spray hot water into the carto`s to clean them.

be very careful if you boil them. I spilled a pot of boiling water on my hand and arm and got 2nd degree burns. the scars are terrible. I would use an ear bulb to spray hot water into the carto`s to clean them.

Ear Bulb!!!! that's what it's called (you can tell i don't have kids)

What i did (not 5 minutes ago) was get the water boiling, dropped in my carto's and atty, let it boil for 5 minutes, than took the pot off the burner, and let the water cool down, and then took them out and blew through them from the thread side, now i'm letting them dry

Jon

Ear Bulb!!!! that's what it's called (you can tell i don't have kids)

What i did (not 5 minutes ago) was get the water boiling, dropped in my carto's and atty, let it boil for 5 minutes, than took the pot off the burner, and let the water cool down, and then took them out and blew through them from the thread side, now i'm letting them dry

Jon

Jon: you will need to redo the boiling process a few times to make sure you have them clean. I would let them boil to a full boil, then wait 5 minutes, empty them and refill the pot with water and let them boil again, wait 5 minutes and empty the out a 2nd time. I would do this 3 to 4 times. then I would blow them out a few times with the ear/nose bulb and put them in the window thread side up for 24 hours so they can drain out any extra water.

I'll tell you what you shouldn't do, which is pull the fill out to dry it... it's easy enough to take out, not so easy to put back in, i let it sit for a day and it was nowhere near dry, so i'm not sure how long it takes to dry out so you can re-use it, however, i also didn't blow through it after forcing hot water through it, so that may be why it didn't dry out, from what i've heard, 24 hours is enough drying time, i'm about to boil my boge 510 cartomizers, so i'll let you know how that turns out.

As for atomizers, i've been just forcing hot water through it with a..... thing... it's like the rubber part of a turkey baster, and it has something to do with babies, and they're like 4 bucks at walgreens, i have no idea what their intended purpose is, but if you look through the newbie tutorials, there's a great video that shows how to use it. I would think that atomizers need less drying time as there's no fill, but who knows, 24 hours was perfect for me.

Jon

LMAO It's a nasal extractor thingy. It is to pull snot out of a baby's nose! Too funny.

I don't clean my atomizers or cartomizers. I might blow out an atomizer or let it drain overnight if I used some bad juice. When I was new, I started out boiling and cleaning. Eventually I learned I was spending more time agonizing over the cleaning than really enjoying vaping. I find it easier to just start with a fresh carto and leave the fuss behind. It equate it to trying to revive a broken lighter.

I don't clean my atomizers or cartomizers. I might blow out an atomizer or let it drain overnight if I used some bad juice. When I was new, I started out boiling and cleaning. Eventually I learned I was spending more time agonizing over the cleaning than really enjoying vaping. I find it easier to just start with a fresh carto and leave the fuss behind. It equate it to trying to revive a broken lighter.

I imagine us newb's will get there someday... the thing is though, at least for me, i'm buying up big sampler packs to try a bunch of different flavors, and if i've learned nothing else, i've learned that cartomizers retain their taste even after the liquid has dried. Once i've tried a couple hundred different flavors and decide on a couple of favorites, i'll probably do the same thing, and just keep refilling until they stop working, but in order to try out every flavor in the sampler pack from puresmoker.com, i'd have to buy 25 new cartomizers, which would be a bit ridiculous, imo.

this may not apply to atomizers, i've not experimented enough yet to know whether you can just stop dripping one flavor and move onto another without cleaning in between.

Jon

I imagine us newb's will get there someday... the thing is though, at least for me, i'm buying up big sampler packs to try a bunch of different flavors, and if i've learned nothing else, i've learned that cartomizers retain their taste even after the liquid has dried. Once i've tried a couple hundred different flavors and decide on a couple of favorites, i'll probably do the same thing, and just keep refilling until they stop working, but in order to try out every flavor in the sampler pack from puresmoker.com, i'd have to buy 25 new cartomizers, which would be a bit ridiculous, imo.

this may not apply to atomizers, i've not experimented enough yet to know whether you can just stop dripping one flavor and move onto another without cleaning in between.

Jon

Using cartomizers is probably not the best route for testing out a flavor. A good old atomizer with a direct drip comes in handy for testing flavors. I hope you find your "go to" flavors soon. Good luck.

It really depends on how strong the flavor is. A liquid with menthol could take a few burns to get it out. You can also stick a piece of napkin, tissue or paper towel in the atomizer and blow it out while using what one might call a dry burn. It is a lot easier to burn off flavors from an atomizer then trying to get it out of a cartomizer. You might have to drip several times to finally get the flavor. But it is a lot less waste then filling a cartomizer or having to wait 24hrs or more for a carto to dry.

I use a jewelry ultrasonic cleaner for cleaning. It also works with cartomizers. I put cheap vodka in it run it for 3 3min cycles and it gets the taste out. I picked up the cleaner at walmart for about 25.00 and haven't looked back. I wouldn't gover 3 cycles otherwise you have stainless steel atomizers real shiny.

Paul

I use a jewelry ultrasonic cleaner for cleaning. It also works with cartomizers. I put cheap vodka in it run it for 3 3min cycles and it gets the taste out. I picked up the cleaner at walmart for about 25.00 and haven't looked back. I wouldn't gover 3 cycles otherwise you have stainless steel atomizers real shiny.

Paul

Wouldn't it leave the chemicals in the cartomizer?