Silver Bullet Question

I have come here several times when I needed help with something, and have always received very good and helpful responses. I'm thinking about ordering a Silver Bullet. I read on some fourm,from one person, that the Silver Bullet did not do well with 510 mega Cartomizers. I would love the extra power and the longer battery life, but I really like using the Boge 510 catomizers and the Ego Mega cartomizers. Can anyone here tell me if that one person was right or wrong. I have a small box type mod but it is only takes the 3.5 volt 900 mAh battery. I'm open to suggestions on other mods if any of you have any.

Thanks!

I have really enjoyed my silver bullet, its a workhorse. I have had mine for about a year and a half and have a couple points of criticism.

I started having trouble with the finish (chrome) at about 8 months despite cleaning it 1-2 times per week. Now it looks really really bad. I'm talking about chrome being totally rubbed off where my hand holds the mod. I'm not overly hard on the mod so this was a shocker to me.

2nd thing is the connection is finicky at times. When I get a new carto or atty I usually have to get a safety pin to pry up the center post on the mod to get it to fire.

As far as power and length between charges its pretty standard on both. 6V will give you more power but less battery life. I would go with an 18650 and a lr carto or atty with this mod. I think there are better options out there depending on what you want.

If your more into >3.7v vaping I would get the Buzz or a provari. I liked my sb at 3.7v but I have decided to get a reo grand so I don't have to mess with dripping anymore.

Sorry for the long post lol. Basically the sb is a very good mod but there may be better out there depending on what you want.

Edit- Almost forgot to answer you question lol. The sb works very well with lr boge cartos with and 18650 and 6v with standard caartos. Not a fan of xl cartos myself, i use the regulars with a drip tip and all is well.

Edited by brian1g

The eGo Mega Cartomizer would not work without a 510 extension (or a combo of adapters). Are you able to use the eGo Mega Carto on your box mod? I'm assuming you're talking about the Mega Carto that when used on an eGo you don't use the eGo cone.

The 510 extension is about 1" long and may look a little goofy. I'm using a Tank atty on my Provari with an adapter combo... 510 to 801 connected to an 801 to 510.

I've never used the eGo Mega carto, but I did use a Black Silver Bullet for several months before I switched to VV mods. It's a great mod. My black one faired pretty good to abuse. It has some chips, but nothing I can complain about. I did have the same problem as brian1g mentioned about the center pin, but it wasn't a big problem. If I really, it seemed like the only time it happened is when I used an atty on another unit and then put in the SB.

The SB (I have a black Silver Bullet) goes all day and then some. It looses oomph after 12 hours or so, but it keeps on vaping for another 8. It's also almost impossible to lose it. It's not some tiny little thing that can take hours to find. It has a huge comfortable button. Mine is now my backup mod, because I finally got a bottom feeder, but it's still cherished. To quote the previous poster "it's a workhorse!"

• 7 months later...

My husband has a Silver Bullet and loves it. But I have questions:

What are the BEST batteries to use for it, at a decent price. I have been buying them online and need ones that last longer and are maybe more powerful.

The store we bought it from, the guy told him you could not use a Low Res cart with it. But I have heard that is not true. Yes or no?

RTDVapor has the AW-IMR-18650 batteries for 3.7v vaping (which is great when used with an LR carto or atty).

http://rtdvapor.com/AW-IMR-18650-AW-IMR-18650.htm

For 6v vaping you would need the 3.0 LIFE-PO rechargable type batteries and always always always keep them in their sets. (never mix and match stacked batteries for any doodad). Amazon has them, as well as CloudsofVapor? and other places. Maybe Madvapes. I'll let others steer you to a good link. I haven't used them, so don't know them.