What A Day!

Today was awesome! Spent the morning installing new locks, the afternoon with my 7 yr old at her tea party for girl scouts and i currently have 6 kids in the house, all tucked in and i get to sit in bed, vape and enjoy a drink! My house is a disaster and i feel very liberated today!

wine.gif

Just got back from a 6 year olds b day party. Nothing like a gaggle of screaming girls. Not sure how they can reach such a deafening pitch !!!

At least I didn't have to change the locks. Hope you are holding up, despite all the chaos.....Life with kids moves forward no matter what else is going on in our lives.

Up and down but better every day. The house being a little messy was a big revelation. It may seem crazy or silly to some. I like a clean house as much as the next person but my hubby wanted things sparkling and perfect every day. Not easy with 4 kids. Today was a lot of running around and i really didn't have time to pick up. Then it struck me that it didn't matter and i didn't have to worry about someone having a fit over it! It felt great just to be able to let it go and know it will be there tomorrow.

Maybe now you will be able to spread your wings and enjoy your life with a bit of new found freedom. Not all heartache ends badly. sometimes a messy house is very liberating !!!!unworthy.gif

You deserve a messy house, a nice vape and a couple drinks.

Glad you had a great day today Erika. I love tea parties with my granddaughters, four of them. We go to a tea house a few miles from here and have "high" tea. We have been doing this for the past eight years a couple of times a year. They are now collecting tea pots and tea cups. Just remember, the house will be there, picked-up or not, but the time with your 7 year old is the most important and you are building memories with her that neither one of you will forget. The good ones last a whole lot longer than the bad. Keep it up and remember we are all here for you.

Good for you!

My kids are all grown now and I can tell you that the things I remember most are the crazy, giggly, funny times - NOT how clean the house was. Yes, we have to keep the public health inspectors away from the door, but giggling is worth a million bucks anywday.

Especially when it's followed by some quiet Mommy time with a sweet, relaxing vape session.

You are an amazing and talented woman, chica. :punk:

All I can say, is its a really good thing my husband isn't too picky about how clean the house is (no health inspectors yet anyway). The rule in our house, is, if you want it clean be my guest, otherwise, I will get to it eventually.

speaking of which--time to finish vacuming. Dog hair has finally reached critical mass.......innocent.gif

House is clean laundry mostly done, off to a bday party and then working till 8. See, the housework did get done, but in my time. If ever there is anyone else in my life or if he straightens up, i will just inform him up front. I'm a lover, not a cleaner. Take it or leave it. Lol

Erika, I sure hope you are proud of yourself, because you should be. My daughter is 17 now and Tea Parties are the thing of past. I sure miss them! Days seem so long sometimes, but the years fly. Everyone is right. The dust and clutter will always be there, but your daughter will never be this young again. And I can promises you, your children could care less if the house is spotless! My younger Cousin is a Martha Steward wanabe. She drives her husband and three kids nuts with the house having to be perfect at all times. She even home schools all three. All three of her children have anxiety issues at the ripe old age of 7, 9, and 12. Being a mother is the most important job you will ever have. You certainly didn't have a good role model, but you are a very strong, intelligent, and caring person who knows the difference between right and wrong. Teach them what you know and enjoy this time. Your going to blink one day, and they are going to be getting ready to leave the nest. Just hang in there, some days are going to be diamonds and some days are going to be coal. On the bad days remember "For this too shall pass". thumbsup.gif

Sharon, does this apply to my seventh grade (12, 13 year old) students as well? :)

Erika, you're doing great!!! Love ya!

Aimee, which part? If its the blink and they will be gone, not until the end of May for you. Then the fun starts all over again in August! LOL You and all the other school teachers are Saints.unworthy.gif