Premixing

Hello everyone,

I was sitting here thinking (yeah I know, dangerous)and got to wondering something I wanted to put out there to our resident mixologists.

When buying you unflavored nic juice and such, it is cheaper to buy in high nic per milligram than lower , but this increases the caution you should use when handling it. However I was thinking say you buy your *** in pg 60 mg/ml and take your pg or pg/vg base mix and mix up a pre dilluted base at say 15 mg/ml in larger quantity. This does two things.

1. you reduce the danger of having high nic level juice sitting around as a poison hazard for children and pets.

2. you dont have to take the time now to mix your nic juice and base together.

All you should have to do is measure out the amount of pre mixed unflavored juice and then add the flavors you desire for recipes you already have cooked up.

Of course you wouldnt want to use this for flavor testing, but for final mixing with nic this should be a great time saver.

You could also have different mixes for say pure PG, PG/VG mix, Menthol , etc. Just add the flavors you want and vape.

Any thoughts?

Whenever I mix I usually make several bottles of my regular nic/vg base so if I'm ever in a rush all I have to do is add flavoring. My stuff is pretty easy to mix though... I'm using 48mg nic and vape 24mg.

5ml 48mg nic

2ml VG

3ml Flavor

= 24mg 80/20 PG/VG.

One thing I do is premix my flavors into a big batch... for example, I use Peanut Butter, Bittersweet Chocolate and Cotton Candy mixed as a base for my tobacco flavors. I'll make a 30ml batch of the just flavoring. When I'm ready to make some juice, I don't have to pull out three different flavors.

I do flavorings the same way; I mix flavorings in large batches and just add nic and plain PG/VG to get the strength where it needs to be. I believe that using the highest nic concentration you're comfortable with is most cost effective. Everyone's different! I guess that's a good thing; diversity makes the world go 'round.

Edited by ddavelarsen

Couple points - with the nic strength- the higher you buy the more it costs but the less you use. The less strength the lower the cost but you need to use more of it in the mix. Personally I vape 12-14 mg strenth once mixed and go with 60mg pre-mixed.

as for premixing your base - you can do this and it can be a timesaver but I wouldn't do huge amounts and here's why- I did this a couple of times and then found that after a while it just wasn't doing it for me, so here I have this base around and I decide I want to up the nic or lower the nic - or use more pg for more throat hit etc. now i've got to do even more calcuating to make my juice then if I hadn't premixed. So until your sure it's what you want I'd advise against it, and then when your sure i'd still only do enough to make say no more than 10 bottles or so of juice because you might find after awhile, what was working for you at first needs some changing down the road.

Good luck to you and Happy Mixing :)

Some are Pg based, some are vg based. avoid any that have oil some are oil based.

I use pg based flavorings. THis is where a e juice calculator comes in handy, I use eJuice Me Up made by Breaktru. It allows you to enter the percentages for all your ingredients, as well as what you want your final mix to be so you just adjust the other ingredients accordingly.

some flavorings to try, flavourart, lorann's, capella drops, DIY flavorshack. Most of these are pg based. :)

thanks for all the great replies folks!!

I didnt even think about premixing the flavors as well as the nic/base. Will have to remember that one after I make my next batch. my current mix is a simple peppermint/menthol blend that uses 5drops menthol, 15 drops peppermint for a 10ml bottle.

could just make up a batch of premixed flavor base as well and just mix the two together quick and easy.

I kinda' figured as much. I am pretty good with math and such, since we don't wear shoes here in Arkansas we have twice as many digits to work with!!!!

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you- I was only trying to help. I"m not so good at math, ratios/percentages- it gets me confused. That's why I recommended the e juice calculator it makes it really easy and accurate - for me.

I have a 500ml bottle of 100mg nic juice and I will order the 4oz doublers (no nic) from Tastyvapor, and then mix up my juice at 6:1..its fast and easy. I do use gloves/eye protection with the 100mg for sure.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you- I was only trying to help. I"m not so good at math, ratios/percentages- it gets me confused. That's why I recommended the e juice calculator it makes it really easy and accurate - for me.

You didn't! I wouldn't have even thought to interpret it that way, I was poking fun at my state!!!!

Sorry I guess it is hard to see my sarcasm in text!

Maybe I should use smiley's more??? :whistle:

• 1 month later...

WOW, as an extreme noobie in the mixing area, i ~love~ these ideas. instead of racking my brain every time i want to mix up a new potion, i can mix up the nic juice with the pg/vg to get the end mg nic juice i want, mix my flavs together in another bottle for the end flavor i want, and when i want to make some new juice just add TWO ingredients together. perfect. i know, i'll start low and slow and see where i go, but love it! makes it so much less intimidating that i'll screw up and be vaping at too high nic. and make me learn to keep better track of my amounts so that i can duplicate some good stuff.

WOW, as an extreme noobie in the mixing area, i ~love~ these ideas. instead of racking my brain every time i want to mix up a new potion, i can mix up the nic juice with the pg/vg to get the end mg nic juice i want, mix my flavs together in another bottle for the end flavor i want, and when i want to make some new juice just add TWO ingredients together. perfect. i know, i'll start low and slow and see where i go, but love it! makes it so much less intimidating that i'll screw up and be vaping at too high nic. and make me learn to keep better track of my amounts so that i can duplicate some good stuff.

And make sure you label everything good. I don't know how many times I've mixed something up and thought "eh, I'll remember what that is". A few days later I end up with a bottle of "what the heck is it". LOL! :blush:

And make sure you label everything good. I don't know how many times I've mixed something up and thought "eh, I'll remember what that is". A few days later I end up with a bottle of "what the heck is it". LOL! :blush:

Oh man, I've done that too! And invariably it gets thrown out, pure waste. Labels are good!

PS - And one thing I've learned is that a Sharpie doesn't stay well on a plastic bottle. I now tape my labels on.

Edited by ddavelarsen

Oh man, I've done that too! And invariably it gets thrown out, pure waste. Labels are good!

PS - And one thing I've learned is that a Sharpie doesn't stay well on a plastic bottle. I now tape my labels on.

Hey Dave! Good to see ya! :) Yep - I learned from you that packing tape works great and will even survive several good washings before water starts to get under it. :)

Hey Dave! Good to see ya! :) Yep - I learned from you that packing tape works great and will even survive several good washings before water starts to get under it. :)

Thanks Brian! Good to hear from you too, I do miss the forum sometimes. Wish I had more time to spend here! I just wanted to second your excellent advice, though coming from you it didn't need that. :)

• 1 month later...

A little late to the party, so forgive the slight thread rez

I buy my unflavored nic at 100mg/ml, and premix into two different strengths, one for 20% flavor, and one for 30%. I put 24ml of the mix for 20% flavor into 30ml bottles, and 21ml of the mix for 30% into 30ml bottles. Now I just need to grab the strength I need, and add my flavoring, and only need to clean a syringe or two. I keep some of the 100mg nic for any mixes I do for friends/family