Make Their Own

Why don't the big players come up with their own e-cigs?

People say that the ones out now don't taste like their favorite

Brand. The one I use is menthol and it tastes like a minty stick

of gum. These companies have the money, why don't they come up with one that actually tastes like a Marlboro, or Salem etc...? One brand I tried in a mall was supposed to taste like Marlboro Lights, my brand, but it tasted like a potato. She replied "our nicotine is made from potatoes." These companies don't see the huge cash cow sitting right in front of them.

I am certain they see it, but they will want the whole enchilada. Personally, I don't think I want them in control (again).

The second problem is I don't think it possible to really re-create the flavor of burning tobacco and paper.

Kinda like cherry flavored foods don't really taste like real cherries.......

For me, the final part of my transition to vaping was when I was able to stop comparing vaping to smoking. I was just able to enjoy vaping as a new experience that just happens to replace smoking.

I don't think that we can get the true taste of tobacco because the liquid isn't burning. The cigarette has so many chemicals in it and they are burning right along with the tobacco. There are a few out there that are made from soaking the tobacco and extracting the juice from the tobacco leaves and that gives them the juice to mix the other ingredients with. I don't know how they do it but I know that I have read that they do. The organic tobaccos have a more authenic flavor but right now I don't vape tobacco flavors so someone will come along and give you their take on tobacco flavored juice. I do know that Kick Bass Vapor makes a menthol that a lot of people say tastes just like their menthol cigarettes. It's called Vape Placid. So is you go to their web site and send them a message and ask if they have a juice that fits the bill, they should know what the feed back has been on their tobacco. I hope that this helps a little.

I suspect once a deal is reached and "Big Brother can find a way to regulate and tax vaping we will indeed be dealing with "big tobacco " as they already know how to grease the wheels that keeps lawmakers from messing with them .What is going on at present is mere theatrics.Look and see who is making profit besides oil companies and banks.

Oh I hope they don't do this either- they've had their turn, I don't want them involved with e-cigs in any way shape or form. Right now we have the freedom to choose our nic levels, flavors, etc and the little people are making the profit, big tobacco and big govt already has enough money. Power to the PEOPLE! I don't want to buy pre packaged, overpriced anything. I like picking my own flavorings, mixing my own juice, it's so much more than smoking ever was and to me tastes better too.

....I do know that Kick Bass Vapor makes a menthol that a lot of people say tastes just like their menthol cigarettes. It's called Vape Placid. So is you go to their web site and send them a message and ask if they have a juice that fits the bill, they should know what the feed back has been on their tobacco. I hope that this helps a little.

I have a bottle of Vape Placid, and yes it does taste almost identical to a Newport. I even had a couple guys I work with that smoke Newports give it a try and they were impressed. I have not tried alot or tobacco flavored jooses as I prefer the desert type joose more but the closest non menthol tobacco flavored joose I have tried was "USA's Favorite" from AwesomeVapor.com. It is what I go to when I get that analog cig craving(or the Vape Placid).

The brand I use is called "Premium" and it comes with the single cartridge.

I can't mix juice or flavors. With my shaky hands I'll have it all over the place like the gal in the mall did.

I've never felt an oily "cigarette" in my life. I think I need to go back and learn

the nomenclature so I can express myself correctly. You really are a great bunch of people!

They're working on it..They're not going to waste money until everything in the government is set in stone. Phillip Morris now owns 49% of Ruyan. Ruyan holds the patents on Electronic Cigarettes. Believe me...they're working on it and they are very aware of the ecig industry.

Large companies would much rather sell this as a safer product rather than an alternative. But they need to be careful. In past lawsuits they've claimed cigarettes are safe. Now we all know and they know that's not the case. But they're not going to willingly admit that. If they start selling a safer product, they automatically admit their previous product wasn't safe.

There is much more to releasing this relatively unknown product on a large scale. But I have no doubt they'll be jumping on the train soon. Regardless of the thick irony. Although, I'll be honest, I'm not sure why you'd want a cigarette company that was killing you before to start selling you your e liquid.

OMG Chris. I had read that PM was talking with Ruyan but didn't know it was as close as that to them acquiring them. Well, we're screwed if big tobacco gets their way. Well, it's stock pile time again. I don't know how many batteries, attys, and juice I can get to last me the rest of my years but I'm going to give it a good go. I'll ask you, what is the shelf life of bottled nicotine?

Thanks DayVape. I guess I'll use what I have, then replace, use then replace and when the time comes buy some and just put it away and if there is a need to mix my own as a necessity instead of a want to I'll have it. Thanks again for your quick response.

Oh I hope they don't do this either- they've had their turn, I don't want them involved with e-cigs in any way shape or form. Right now we have the freedom to choose our nic levels, flavors, etc and the little people are making the profit, big tobacco and big govt already has enough money. Power to the PEOPLE! I don't want to buy pre packaged, overpriced anything. I like picking my own flavorings, mixing my own juice, it's so much more than smoking ever was and to me tastes better too.

hoo doggy, I agree!.... having everything regulated.... would still create a black market for the higher nic levels and flavors.