P.s.

gemr

The Smoke 51 Duo is not compatible with the Joye 510.

Thank you, birddog. That figures, doesn't it? :) Ar least the DUO will be a good back up cuz I can get the carts locally. Is there a personal charger case for those?

I'm hoping I'll get the hang of the 510 for more regular useage.

Edited by BirdDog
Staff edit

Thank you, birddog. That figures, doesn't it? :) Ar least the DUO will be a good back up cuz I can get the carts locally. Is there a personal charger case for those?

I'm hoping I'll get the hang of the 510 for more regular useage.

I don't know if there is a personal charger for the DUO. That would be a good question to ask the supplier you bought it from.

Hint - when you want to reply to a post, hit the reply button on the post you are replying to. Under all the text that is copied in the box at the top, type your reply. Then hit the add reply button. :)

I don't know if there is a personal charger for the DUO. That would be a good question to ask the supplier you bought it from.

Hint - when you want to reply to a post, hit the reply button on the post you are replying to. Under all the text that is copied in the box at the top, type your reply. Then hit the add reply button. :)

Thanks again. That's how I started posting, but wasn't sure you all wanted everything repeated. sigh Hope I get the hang of this soon.

i doubt the cigarette shop I got it from has a PCC, but thought someone here might know of one, even a different brand, that would work. There are 2 smoke shops in my area, and the people who work there still prefer analogs so are not a very big help with the e cigs.

Thanks again. That's how I started posting, but wasn't sure you all wanted everything repeated. sigh Hope I get the hang of this soon.

i doubt the cigarette shop I got it from has a PCC, but thought someone here might know of one, even a different brand, that would work. There are 2 smoke shops in my area, and the people who work there still prefer analogs so are not a very big help with the e cigs.

I did a quick google search and I didn't find any Smoke 51 supplier that carried any type of PCC. Sorry.

I did a quick google search and I didn't find any Smoke 51 supplier that carried any type of PCC. Sorry.

Thanks. :) I'll probably pack that away for emergencies. Or sell it. :)

I now have 2 Joye510 batteries fully charged (8 hours charging, 30 min used, another hour charging). I should be set for a day and night? I'm also planning on getting a PCC to use with these. I'm just looking for an occasional 'hit' during the day and am looking for the simplest, hassle free way to use these things. :)

The fully charged 510 with occasional use should last a few hours. If you use it more frequently, you will only get 1-2 hours with light use. having a PCC will make sure you always have one charging while you are using the other battery.

lol And I suppose the eGo won't fit in the PCC? And has its own sized charger? :)

I am sure someone will correct me if I am mistaken, but since the 510 and the eGo have the same 510 connection, the charger would work for both BUT....if you order an eGo kit, it comes with a 'power charger' (or something like that) and it warns you not to charge your standard 510 batteries on it or they could get overloaded and fail. I would imagine that you could use your standard 510 charger to charge the eGo, but it would take longer.

I went down the same road as you..bought the Smoke 51 duo kit ($80) and soon found not enough battery life or options. My next stop was here to learn more, then Liberty Flights where I bought a Riva starter kit. Very similiar to the eGo (IMHO a little better than the standard eGo) but only about $40 for the kit. I have since acquired an eGo T-tank system with two 1000mah batteries. I love the tanks, but still prefer the Riva batteries for performance, size, and the button. I now have 4 batteries and two chargers total. You will see a common theme on here of backups, backups, backups. I am not quite fully backed up for the most dire of emergencies, but on my way! I consider the initial investment in the Smoke 51 lost (now sits on a shelf) but just that; an investment in my health as it is the unit that originally got me to quit.

Good Luck and welcome to Vapor Talk!

Edited by PADave

I am sure someone will correct me if I am mistaken, but since the 510 and the eGo have the same 510 connection, the charger would work for both BUT....if you order an eGo kit, it comes with a 'power charger' (or something like that) and it warns you not to charge your standard 510 batteries on it or they could get overloaded and fail. I would imagine that you could use your standard 510 charger to charge the eGo, but it would take longer.

I went down the same road as you..bought the Smoke 51 duo kit ($80) and soon found not enough battery life or options. My next stop was here to learn more, then Liberty Flights where I bought a Riva starter kit. Very similiar to the eGo (IMHO a little better than the standard eGo) but only about $40 for the kit. I have since acquired an eGo T-tank system with two 1000mah batteries. I love the tanks, but still prefer the Riva batteries for performance, size, and the button. I now have 4 batteries and two chargers total. You will see a common theme on here of backups, backups, backups. I am not quite fully backed up for the most dire of emergencies, but on my way! I consider the initial investment in the Smoke 51 lost (now sits on a shelf) but just that; an investment in my health as it is the unit that originally got me to quit.

Good Luck and welcome to Vapor Talk!

Thanks for the info. :) And thank you for the welcome.

No, the Ego does not fit in a regular stick 510 battery charger.

Thanks. So I'm assuming the eGo will not fit in the Joye 510 PCC? But atomizers, cartridges, and/or cartomizers will fit interchangeably?

Thanks. So I'm assuming the eGo will not fit in the Joye 510 PCC? But atomizers, cartridges, and/or cartomizers will fit interchangeably?

That is correct the Ego will not fit in a Joye 510 PCC. The atomziers and cartomizers will fit the Ego.

And I can assure you that you would NOT be disappointed if you purchased the eGo... or Riva for that matter I would imagine, I've just never had a Riva to compare the eGo too. I have, although, heard a lot of positive things about the battery life, etc. Either way is a 'win' in my opinion... :thumbsup:

And I can assure you that you would NOT be disappointed if you purchased the eGo... or Riva for that matter I would imagine, I've just never had a Riva to compare the eGo too. I have, although, heard a lot of positive things about the battery life, etc. Either way is a 'win' in my opinion... :thumbsup:

You had to throw another name into the mix. lol Thanks for the recommendations. :)

The fully charged 510 with occasional use should last a few hours. If you use it more frequently, you will only get 1-2 hours with light use. having a PCC will make sure you always have one charging while you are using the other battery.

Thanks. Yes, I think the PCC will be a nifty little accessory. And batteries tend to last only a couple of months? TIA

The batteries on a 510 are supposed to have about 300 charges in them I think, they should last longer than a few months. If you decide to get an Ego or Riva, you could keep your 510's for backups or for out and about, especially if you get the PCC for it. All the 510 atomizers and cartomizers will work on both, just not the Ego tank, but they do have a tank out now for the 510, but I have not tried it.

I know this is all confusing at first, but soon you will be answering other people's questions :thumbsup:

The batteries on a 510 are supposed to have about 300 charges in them I think, they should last longer than a few months. If you decide to get an Ego or Riva, you could keep your 510's for backups or for out and about, especially if you get the PCC for it. All the 510 atomizers and cartomizers will work on both, just not the Ego tank, but they do have a tank out now for the 510, but I have not tried it.

I know this is all confusing at first, but soon you will be answering other people's questions :thumbsup:

Thanks, Fran. It's slowly coming together. :)