Withdrawls? Or Whats Up?

Ok guys/gals,

I just started vaping like 4 days ago and I have not smoked for 4 days. At first everything seemed fine, no big issues but I craved real smokes pretty badly. So I would just vape a bit more to cover the need. Now day 4 has rolled around and sort of out of the blue I am starting to feel pretty sick. Nausa and stomach doesn't feel to hot. I have read it may be my nic mg, but it's weird it never affected me at all thee first 3 days. I know this could be withdraws from real smoke, or is this normal? Like I went form smoking 44mg of tabacco products to 24mg juice (approx 2ml a day, so I doubt it's my nic levels. I smoked pretty heavy so would this make sense or what do you think? Did any heavy smoker have symptoms like this?

Maybe you are just getting a bug? I wouldn't think too much nic either. That isn't a side effect i have heard of. Make sure you're drinking lots of water and i hope you feel better!

How long and how much did you smoke? I'm thinking your in full blown withdraws, and it really sucks. Remember your addicted to so much more than just nic and your whole body is freaking. I think getting sick is fairly normal after quitting. I did and felt just rotten that first week.

I'm not a DR but I don't think your vaping too much. I think it's part of the process. I really am sorry your feeling so bad. Just hang in there, your almost past the hardest part. Just a few more days and your home free. Good luck!

Just my opinion but I think that your body is trying to get rid of all the toxins that you still have in your body from smoking. I don't know how long they stay, but I would say that every organ in your body was affected by the smoking with your oxygen carrying toxins through your body. Vaping the 24mg might be the problem and if you smoked 44mg vs. 24mg you body is craving the extra nicotine IMO. I know that one of the members said that he thought a particular juice made him sick to his stomach. It could be a lot of things. If it persists I would go to my doctor and get it checked out. Good luck.

Maybe You Are Just Getting A Bug?
This Is Possible As My Nose Is Stuffed Up As Well..
How Long And How Much Did You Smoke?
Well The Past 16 Years And I Was Smoking 2.4Mg Smokes(Very Heavy Smokes)And 20+ Per Day.
I Think Getting Sick Is Fairly Normal After Quitting. I Did And Felt Just Rotten That First Week.
This Is What I Was Thinking As Well Because When You Detox You Will Actually Feel Worse Before You Feel Better But, I Was Just Curious If Anyone Else Has Had This.i'm Glad To Hear You Felt Bad The First Week As Well,as I Figure This Is Pure Detox Sickness. I Honestly Think Its More Detox, Because Just To Stop Smoking Would Be A Huge Shock To My Body.i Have Smoked For Many Years And Always Smoked The Heaviest Cigarettes.much Heavier Smokes Than All American Brands Out There 2.4Mg Per Cig Is Huge. My Smokes Are Almost 2 Times Stronger Than A Camel Or Kool, Which Are &quot; The Highest Nicotine Content Cigarettes That Are Available In The U.s. Is 1.7, Which Is Held By Camels And Kool.&quot;<Br />
I Think The 24Mg Could Be The Issue- I Go From 12-18 Up To Sometimes 24Mg, But I Can Tell The Difference With The Higher Nicotine.
I Read That As Well But, Just Confused Why It Would Affect Me 4 Days After And Not The First Few At All.if This Actually The Case. Edited by Dondlelinger

&lt;br /&gt;this Is Possible As My Nose Is Stuffed Up As Well..well The Past 16 Years And I Was Smoking 2.4Mg Smokes(Very Heavy Smokes)And 20+ Per Day. This Is What I Was Thinking As Well Because When You Detox You Will Actually Feel Worse Before You Feel Better But, I Was Just Curious If Anyone Else Has Had This.i'm Glad To Hear You Felt Bad The First Week As Well,as I Figure This Is Pure Detox Sickness. I Honestly Think Its More Detox, Because Just To Stop Smoking Would Be A Huge Shock To My Body.i Have Smoked For Many Years And Always Smoked The Heaviest Cigarettes.(Much Heavier Smokes Than Almost All American Brands Out There 2.4Mg Per Cig Is Huge)I Read That As Well But, Just Confused Why It Would Affect Me 4 Days After And Not The First Few At All.if This Actually The Case.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;my Guess Detox Is The Issue, But If Your Worried I Always Suggest The Dr. Just To Be Safe, Your Health Is So Important.....that Being Said &lt;br /&gt; I Will Tell You I Have An Auto Immune Lung Disease That Is Very Easily Triggered, But I Haven't Had Any Reactions To Vaping Thank God. And If I Did I Would Stop Asap. Not Saying That Anyone Else Couldn't Have A Reaction, I Just Know I Have A Particular Sensitivity To Chemicals... &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;i Really Hope You Start Feeling Better Soon. That First Week Just Sucks! Your Doing Great! Hang In There!<Br /><Br /><Br /><Br /><Br /><Br />Ok Fess Up! Who Broke The Vt Board? Take Your Beatings Now! Edited by Beans

Yah I Cant Get It The Boards To Read Properly Either, But Yeah I'm Honestly Not Over Worried As I Stated I Smoked Extremely Heavy Smokes(Almost 2X's The Strongest Us Smoke) For 16 Years And Just Quit Well 5 Days Ago Now.. And If I Don't Have Some Sort Of Sickness, Then Something Is Wrong..i Will Just Bare With It For A Few More Days Keep Hydrated Drink Some Tea And Hope For The Best. Will Update You Guys If The Sickness Passes.

Edited by Dondlelinger

Well for some reason I can't edit my post so I will just add what I found here.

I actually found out my nicotine level of my e juice is not 24mg. I thought it was but I just went and double checked. It is only 18mg. Its "clearly canadian" from nicfitnation. Which only has light and regular.I grabbed regular.

So i would be amazed if to much nicotine is the cause here.

I just think it with-drawls or maybe my body doesn't like pg I read something about that as well. To me though with drawls sound more realistic.

The first couple weeks can be pretty rough.wallbash.gif I got lucky with a nice lack of physical symptoms, but my brain was mush and I could have slept 24/7 for those first couple weeks.

Gotta love those tobacco companies and all the chemicals we inhaled over the years.....

I tried to lower my nic level to 18 and it just didn't do the trick so I switched back to 24mg. I have ofen thought I would get a bottle of 36 just for those days I still want a hit off of a cigarette. Just to et me over that feeling, but instead I just vape, vape and vape. The feeling goes away after a while but for a while I just want that hit. I found that out the other day when I did our taxes I was thinking I really want a cigarette. Feeling passed when I got the taxes done, now I can't afford a 36mg juice. :angry:

Well the sick felling subsided in a few days, but now (day 12 and 13) I have canker soars developing in my mouth. Not 1 but like 3 -5.. I read alot about it and I guess this is yet another symptom of quitting smoking...sigh lol. I got the lucky end off the deal here. I'm just hoping this will pass in time as well.

When I was using the ceramic cartos I got sores in my mouth and in my throat. I guess the hit was too strong or something but I stopped using them and in about a week the sores and sore throat went away. Don't know if that helps much but it was an experience I had.

Thanks for your help everyone,

Well my canker soars have gone away (i rinsed with hydrogen peroxide) on day 14 and now I noticed mild chest pain..haha. I glad I quit smoking because wow my body was seriously dieing I think. I feel alot better since I started vaping but the side effects kinda freak me out. I notice they don't last long and I always end up feeling better in time just initially scarey. I am going to start recording all my ecig symptoms so noobs will know.

day 1 -2 chest felt "cleaner"

day 3-5 Felt sick to stomach(felt like puking)

Day 11-13 Canker Soars in mouth(i had many soars I rinsed with hydrogen peroxide)

Day 14- Mild Chest pains.

Edited by Dondlelinger

day 21 chest pains are pretty much gone...super mild if any now.

Looks as if month 1 is the real killer...

21 days mom and brother and his wife were all here smoking and I didn't even want one XD

Congrats! Your doing great D! I'm glad your starting to feel better.

Yah I Cant Get It The Boards To Read Properly Either, But Yeah I'm Honestly Not Over Worried As I Stated I Smoked Extremely Heavy Smokes(Almost 2X's The Strongest Us Smoke) For 16 Years And Just Quit Well 5 Days Ago Now.. And If I Don't Have Some Sort Of Sickness, Then Something Is Wrong..i Will Just Bare With It For A Few More Days Keep Hydrated Drink Some Tea And Hope For The Best. Will Update You Guys If The Sickness Passes.

Just my opinion but I smoked Salem menthol for 15 years and then quit cold

turkey when I was pregnant with my daughter. You do get a little jittery at

first. Your body is missing something it was used to for so long. Maybe if you

taper down you'll feel better.

Cherie

• 2 weeks later...

Well Just a quick update:

Its roughly day 33 and I have had more symptoms. I got more canker soars agian last night. I have had some chest pain but it seems to come and go. Its all getting better as time goes by, my canker soars aren't half as bad as what they were last time. I have noticed though my throat seems to have a build up of flem or something, I think its from over vaping or something...overall though I feel much better.

day 1 -2 chest felt "cleaner"

day 3-5 Felt sick to stomach(felt like puking)

Day 11-13 Canker Soars in mouth(i had many soars I rinsed with hydrogen peroxide)

Day 14-34 mild chest pains on and off for the past few weeks.

Day 30-34 Throat feels like there is a flem build up on it.

Day 33 Got canker soars again

Edited by Dondlelinger

I haven't seen in the thread if you changed from pg to vg. I can't use straight pg. It makes me break out really bad and sometimes I looked like I have hives. So I am now mixing it up to find how much I can tolerate. I'm trying 50/50 now and just breaking out a little so the next juice I buy will be a lower pg. I hate giving up the pg because of the taste but I don't like having acne at my age either. :crybaby: Hope you can find the cause of all of your problems. I sure do hope that it isn't vaping in general.

D, have you gone to the DR? If you haven't, it might be time. I'm sorry your still having these problems, I hope you can figure it out soon. Thank you for keeping us updated and feel better! :hug:

I haven't seen in the thread if you changed from pg to vg. I can't use straight pg. It makes me break out really bad and sometimes I looked like I have hives. So I am now mixing it up to find how much I can tolerate. I'm trying 50/50 now and just breaking out a little so the next juice I buy will be a lower pg. I hate giving up the pg because of the taste but I don't like having acne at my age either. :crybaby: Hope you can find the cause of all of your problems. I sure do hope that it isn't vaping in general.

D, have you gone to the DR? If you haven't, it might be time.

My mix hasn't changed its 50/50. My problems in my mind are not that huge or anything. I am just recording everything that is going on so if this happens to other new members that they can no be over worried. Cancer soars are not a concern to me what so ever, half the time i don't even notice that they are there. I just post when i do lol.

The chest pains could be a bit worry some but, they come and go and seem to get milder every week. I honesty believe its my lungs healing/removing the 18 years of tar. I'm not gonna run to the doctor when I believe its getting better, its really not my style.