First Try With Kr808D-1

lisafla

Hi! Just opened my package and am attempting my first vaping experience. The order came with empty cartomizers and e juice. Do I just squeeze drops into the tiny hole in the cartomizer? And into the hole on the side that screws into the battery, not the one on the mouth side, right? I tried this without assistance and ended up with kind of sweet tasting and numb lips (not using flavored e juice), which seems maybe not right lol! Also, after a couple of drags, the cartomizer part got really hot. Is that normal? Sorry again for lack of lingo and general incoherence! I'm a little overwhelmed by all this! TIA

I have not used a KR808 but with the Joye cartomisers there is a white rubber plug on the end you put in your mouth.Remove that with a paper clip or tweezers and drip the liquid on the fiberfiller then put the plug back in.A new 510 cartomiser will take about 22 drops the first time.

Thanks - just found a video that helped a lot. Wish instructions for filling had come in the package since I apparently followed the wrong video the first time! Thinking it got so hot because it needs to sit for a bit after first filling?

You can let it sit for a while so the juice wicks down to the atomizer coil (the part of the atomizer that heats the juice), OR, most people just drip 1 or 2 drop down into the atomizer onto the little "button" part that you see when you look down into it. That's actually what people do when they "direct drip", too, and you can try it that way by using the "blank" (no filler material) cap that came attached to the atomizer (if there was one), or remove the "filler" from a cart and use that.

BTW, most atomizers come with some sort of primer on them which tastes AWFUL. Normally, you can blow through the atomizer (from the battery end) into a paper towel to get rid of that, then when you start, just don't inhale the first 3-5 puffs.

Edited by ancientpuffer

This is the method I use and it works fine:

Im new to vaping so I dont know what k808 cartomizers look like but i have seen this used on other models besides the 510 atty.

Edited by turtle11c

Thanks for all the help! I think I overfilled it maybe - still has a very sickly sweet taste that I think may be e juice liquid coming out. It's also still getting very hot to where I burn my lips after the fourth or fifth inhale. I have 5 more blank cartomizers and I'll try it from scratch! Going to check the video posted by turtle11c. Can I reuse the cartomizers? I'm sorry for such basic questions. Google is giving me far more complex answers than my brain can deal with right now :)

Yes - you can refill them several times. :) Usually after I fill a carto, I'll hold a paper towel over the battery connection end and gently blow through the mouth end until it stops gurgling. This will help blow out any excess juice which could leak. Also, you can get a 510 drip tip to use on the KR808 cartos. It will keep you from getting burned and also keep you from getting juice in your mouth (called "getting juiced").