Artomizer & Lr Atomizer ?

Natas

A regular atty comes in between 2.2 and 2.5ohms (someone correct me if I'm wrong!) and a low resistance atty, or at least the ones I like, are 1.5ohms. This allows me to get the feeling of vaping a higher voltage device while I'm only using an eGo.

From what I understand, LR atties will drain the battery faster (no worries if you have backups!) and go through liquid a little faster (see previous). To me, it's worth using LR atties and cartos because I love the size and feel of my eGo batteries and I don't have to get other device paraphenelia (sp?) to get the feeling I want from vaping.

In the end, the LR ones have an easier draw that I find much more suited to my vaping style.

Good luck and ask more questions as you have them. Vape on!

Good answers you got above. But I would just add, that "where the rubber meets the road", the LR attys will in general give you better flavor, more vapor, a better throat hit and slightly warmer vapor. They are purported to burn out faster than the regular ones, but I've had regulars die in two days, and I've had LR ones that last for weeks. YMMV

Since I just learned more about this last night in chat I will add to this just because its new in my head. So your vape is depend on POWER which is the same as watts. So your battery voltage combined with the resistance of your atomizer determines your power or wattage when you vaporize your liquid.

So to put some math to this lets use Amiee's numbers and I will call it 2.3 for a standard

So your Power (watts) = Voltage squared / resistance

So for a standard atty on a eGo 3.7 volt battery the math works out to

X = 3.7 (2) / 2.3 which equals 5.95 watts

With a LR atty at 1.5

X - 3.7 (2) / 1.5 which equals 9.12 watts

With the higher wattage you are generating more heat thus warmer vapor quicker juice burn and the other elements discussed above.

Like I said I learned this last night in chat and I think when you get the chance to reinforce new knowledge in your brain - use it!

Like I said I learned this last night in chat and I think when you get the chance to reinforce new knowledge in your brain - use it!

I wish my seventh grade students had that philosophy. But I suppose it is also based on need... do they really need to explain to someone else the conjugation of verbs? No, so I don't teach that anymore. I try to get them to hear what they are writing and show them why it's wrong. No need to complicate things. Bad teacher? Maybe, but more writing = more tries to do it right = better writers. IMHO.

Good job, ripple, for reinforcing what I couldn't have stated a while back very clearly. Vapor Talk forum is about so much more than vaping! :)