Hacking A Lung

Ok so can anyone tell me why I am still hacking a lung and I haven't had an analog in over 2 weeks. Does anyone know how long it takes before I stop having phlegm in the back of my throat? :question: The phlegm is clear unlike when I was smoking it was brown or black.

The hacking may last a few months off and on. It's your body's way of cleaning out your lungs. It's totally normal. The phlegm may just be your sinuses clearing also. Do you have any allergies? It is getting to be that season. Drinking water when your vaping is also a good idea. Your body is going to go through a lot of changes the next few months. Coughing up stuff is just par for the course.

I hope you feel better soon and congrats on the quit!

Are you still smoking at all? If so, it will take much much longer. Even if you have a cigarette here or there. If you haven't picked up a cigarette at all it's going to take some time. If you've been smoking for years, just think how much gunk your lungs have to clean out. It may very well take some time :) Age also plays into factor as well. The younger you are, the quicker your body will most likely recover.

Are you still smoking at all? If so, it will take much much longer. Even if you have a cigarette here or there. If you haven't picked up a cigarette at all it's going to take some time. If you've been smoking for years, just think how much gunk your lungs have to clean out. It may very well take some time :) Age also plays into factor as well. The younger you are, the quicker your body will most likely recover.

no not smoking at all no analogs at all for almost 2 weeks. I just turned 31 been smoking since 17. so 14 years. :rolleyes2: oh I can just imagine how much junk is in there. and will be glad when it is all gone. :thumbsup:

The hacking may last a few months off and on. It's your body's way of cleaning out your lungs. It's totally normal. The phlegm may just be your sinuses clearing also. Do you have any allergies? It is getting to be that season. Drinking water when your vaping is also a good idea. Your body is going to go through a lot of changes the next few months. Coughing up stuff is just par for the course.

I hope you feel better soon and congrats on the quit!

ok so if that is normal shouldn't it have some color? it is just clear like I am coughing up clear jell-o :( sorry that is the only way I can describe it

Yeah, the slimy phase lol. I found some really good tea at the market. It was for lung health, lots of natural herbs and expetracants in them. It really eased the congestion, and ache associated with hacking. Made me feel much better. When you have an infection is when you get the yellowish greenish stuff. Your not sick.... My tar came out with the slime in little tiny dots that seemed to multiply over the weeks to following my quit. It really sounds like what I experienced.. And I'm feeling great now.

Please remember I'm not a doctor or have any medical degrees. If you are worrying just pop on over to the Dr for a visit. At the very least it may ease some of your concerns. Hang in there your really doing great with your quit! :thumbsup:

It can actually take several weeks to a couple months for the lungs to really clear themselves out. Clear gunk is good.

You also have to keep in mind you are now inhaling a new substance into your lungs---hands down better than smoking, but still inhaling stuff into your lungs (other than the standard oxygen and air pollutants).

The other thing to look at is PG vs VG liquids--PG can sometimes be more irritating than VG for some. Many have had good luck with a PG/VG mix.

It can actually take several weeks to a couple months for the lungs to really clear themselves out. Clear gunk is good.

You also have to keep in mind you are now inhaling a new substance into your lungs---hands down better than smoking, but still inhaling stuff into your lungs (other than the standard oxygen and air pollutants).

The other thing to look at is PG vs VG liquids--PG can sometimes be more irritating than VG for some. Many have had good luck with a PG/VG mix.

I am using what is supposed to be a straight VG mix .

Then is sounds like your body is clearing out and getting used to new stuff. Overall, it took me about a month to really clear everything out. After the first week I noticed a huge improvement and it really just kept getting better.

Took my lungs 2 whole months to get through the gunk phase, but now I'm free and clear! Keep going, it only gets better! Before you know it you'll be working out and running like me, because you can now breathe without feeling like you're about to die.

The only time I cough now is when I take a big long drag and I usually cough and sometimes I cough junk up. I don't know if that is clearing out my lungs or only because it's too much vapor at one time. I don't cough when I'm not vaping though. Now I won't be able to tell because of the pollen. Hope you get some relief. Woops, I just re-read Chris' post. If age has something to do with it I guess I'm going to cough for a long time. Smoked for 48 years and started when I was 15 so you do the math. Senior citizen here. :lol:

I usually hack up a clear goober every other day when I wake up. Talked to my Dr. and he said its going to be like than for a while. 20 years of house cleaning going on in my lungs. I feel much better. If I have to hack up a goober once in a while, its better than the crap I hacked up while smoking.