Tw Is Going To Sell 54Mg Liquid!

Have y'all heard?

Totally Wicked Eliquid is going to be selling 54mg flavorless juice. Made in the UK.

It will be pharmaceutical grade nicotine and food grade PG, nothing else, pretty wild eh?

I know that China has banned the production of 36mg, 26mg will be the max, and I will be running out of 36 soon.

Don't really know what to make of this. Can you OD on nicotine? Is this safe?

Any thoughts?

Arno

Have y'all heard?

Totally Wicked Eliquid is going to be selling 54mg flavorless juice. Made in the UK.

It will be pharmaceutical grade nicotine and food grade PG, nothing else, pretty wild eh?

I know that China has banned the production of 36mg, 26mg will be the max, and I will be running out of 36 soon.

Any thoughts?

Arno

Yes you can OD on nicotine, I'm sure this is intended for people to cut it with vg and add flavoring as I assume that vaping 54mg e juice isnt very safe.

Have y'all heard?

Any thoughts?

Arno

40–60 mg (0.5-1.0 mg/kg)of nicotine can be a lethal dosage for adult humans. I'm not really sure how vaping liquid is measured though, because if we were getting our liquid's listed amounts of nicotine with every 15 puffs or so, We would be poisoning ourselves. The average analog only gives you 1-2 mg of the good stuff.

40–60 mg (0.5-1.0 mg/kg)of nicotine can be a lethal dosage for adult humans. I'm not really sure how vaping liquid is measured though, because if we were getting our liquid's listed amounts of nicotine with every 15 puffs or so, We would be poisoning ourselves. The average analog only gives you 1-2 mg of the good stuff.

It's the amount of nicotine in the entire bottle. 24mg in a 10ml = 2.4mg of the good stuff per ml. Now if you could figure out what it is per drop, THAT would be something.

It's the amount of nicotine in the entire bottle. 24mg in a 10ml = 2.4mg of the good stuff per ml. Now if you could figure out what it is per drop, THAT would be something.

But if you chose the 24mg option in a 20ml bottle you would only get 1.2mg of nicotine per ml?

This is something that needs to be pointed out on every site!

People need to know that the nicotine level is per bottle.

This means the Platinum Ice liquid is 54mg per 30ml, which is 1.8mg per ml.

approximitly 0.12mg per drop in a 10ml bottle of the 24mg strength if each ml is 2.4mg

This is only if you know exactly how much liquid is in that drop., but just for the sake of it we will say this is correct and say the 54mg is double this after flavor has been added. Which would make every drop .24mg

I think I read every 3 drops was equivalent to 1 analog. That would be .72mg per every three drops. Much less then a regular analog.

I have a very strong feeling I completely ducked this up though, since that would mean we normally vape much less nicotine then the average analog with these numbers.

Edited by reptilian

Think chris was just making a vague reference to how the strength relates to a large quantity and not each drop. So a 10ml bottle of 24mg is just a basic way to look at it. After all, if you take two 10ml bottles of 24mg stuff you don't end up with a 48mg 20ml bottle, its still 24mg. Btw here is a correct statement on the nicotine content of the 54mg liquid as stated by TW

Firstly, the strength description: 54mg, indicates a nicotine concentration of 54mg per ml (not per bottle.) This equates to a strength of 5.4% w/v (because there are 1000 mg in 1ml.) It is important to understand this, and that it is the relative proportion of Platinum Ice in your mixed juice, and not the absolute quantity, that will determine the final strength. If you water it down 50:50 with another (nicotine-free) liquid, then the result will contain 27mg/ml, etc., no matter if you are mixing 1 drop of each, or a ml of each, or a litre of each.

Now there are approximitly 20 drops per ML and kinda tired so don't want to do the math but if up for finishing my missing train of thought, there are 54mg per ML in the new liquid, 1000mg makes a ML for a strength of 5.4%, 20 drops per ML. Who wants to do the math for me to find how much per drop? Basic math, 54 divide by 20 for 2.7mg a drop sound right?

Edited by MorisatoIncorporated

Think chris was just making a vague reference to how the strength relates to a large quantity and not each drop. So a 10ml bottle of 24mg is just a basic way to look at it. After all, if you take two 10ml bottles of 24mg stuff you don't end up with a 48mg 20ml bottle, its still 24mg. Btw here is a correct statement on the nicotine content of the 54mg liquid as stated by TW

Firstly, the strength description: “54mg”, indicates a nicotine concentration of 54mg per ml (not per bottle.) This equates to a strength of 5.4% w/v (because there are 1000 mg in 1ml.) It is important to understand this, and that it is the relative proportion of Platinum Ice in your mixed juice, and not the absolute quantity, that will determine the final strength. If you water it down 50:50 with another (nicotine-free) liquid, then the result will contain 27mg/ml, etc., no matter if you are mixing 1 drop of each, or a ml of each, or a litre of each.

Now there are approximitly 20 drops per ML and kinda tired so don't want to do the math but if up for finishing my missing train of thought, there are 54mg per ML in the new liquid, 1000mg makes a ML for a strength of 5.4%, 20 drops per ML. Who wants to do the math for me to find how much per drop? Basic math, 54 divide by 20 for 2.7mg a drop sound right?

That explains things much better. I don't want to do any more math. I killed to many brains cells last night, but you basic math looks about right. That stuff straight does sound like it could kill you if you are not careful. Not something I would want to sell to the public if so. If I am right, what would that do to the ecig's reputation?

Still comes down to responsibility, any of the liquids could be harmful if not used correctly or properly stored out of the reach of younglings.

Indeed - if someone ingested any quantity of eliquid at almost any strength it could be very nasty (or worse).

However, it is important to realise that when you vape only a proportion (I suspect small - I recall seeing something about analogs which showed that with them the proportion is VERY small) of the nicotine in the liquid is actually taken in by you. Also, vaping is a gradual process - we all know that you can make yourself feel "off" by vaping excessively. If you vaped 54mg juice this would just happen quicker, it still isn't so strong that you could kill yourself accidently by just vaping I'm sure. The UK has a limit of 75mg on nicotine liquid before it becomes subject to heavy regulation.

Wow 75mg! I have some 36mg here sitting that I've still yet to try. 24mg will do it for me.

Maybe it's time for me to move back ;) I really hope things get sorted out over here. Such a mess.

I can tell you that getting a large amound of liquid on yourself doesn't feel great. I was in the car one night and spilled about 10ml of 24mg liquid. I had nothing to wipe it off and only a small bottle of water in the car that was half way gone. First thing I thought was "s*** this is going to be bad" I was also in a parking lot at work well away from the building, it would take forever for me to get back over, pass security and make it to a bathroom to wash my hands.

I called Sean and told him if I don't call him back in 10 minutes I need help lol (He knows the way I drive home) I cleaned what I could off and made it home, I felt like crap, I mean it was pretty bad. My skin stunk like RY4 and I wanted to throw up everywhere. I drank quite a bit of water and slept it off. I woke up with a bit of a headache, but still alive :) Won't do that again! That's why I placed saftey caps on all of my own liquid once I started selling it. I was one of the first to have those bottles. (There where a few suppliers who had them but very few)

I just started 2 weeks ago but my thought is this. Most of us are ex smokers so we have a tolerance to nicotine. OD is probably unlikely for us at any strength(short of actually drinking a bottle of 54mg), but for others who do not, such as a child it could be very dangerous. Treat it like bleach around a child.

I just started out with Totally Wicked 24mg and have been cutting at 1/2 to 3/4 strength with no issues. This has me thinking i should buy a bottle of 54mg and just cut to save money...but is saving 20 30 bucks worth the risk????? I'm not sure yet cause i do have a small child.

Wow 75mg! I have some 36mg here sitting that I've still yet to try. 24mg will do it for me.

Maybe it's time for me to move back ;) I really hope things get sorted out over here. Such a mess.

I can tell you that getting a large amound of liquid on yourself doesn't feel great. I was in the car one night and spilled about 10ml of 24mg liquid. I had nothing to wipe it off and only a small bottle of water in the car that was half way gone. First thing I thought was "s*** this is going to be bad" I was also in a parking lot at work well away from the building, it would take forever for me to get back over, pass security and make it to a bathroom to wash my hands.

I called Sean and told him if I don't call him back in 10 minutes I need help lol (He knows the way I drive home) I cleaned what I could off and made it home, I felt like crap, I mean it was pretty bad. My skin stunk like RY4 and I wanted to throw up everywhere. I drank quite a bit of water and slept it off. I woke up with a bit of a headache, but still alive :) Won't do that again! That's why I placed saftey caps on all of my own liquid once I started selling it. I was one of the first to have those bottles. (There where a few suppliers who had them but very few)

Yikes!!!!! I wont be trying that. Glad your ok. I think I may start wearing gloves when i mix up my 5mil bottles.

Edited by EasyE