Atomizer Burned Out?

Dishona

My atomizer is still making noises "sizzling" on the inside, but I'm not getting much vapor at all. If I take the cartridge off and push the button, I can hear the sizzle, but it's not turning red, or white hot or anything like that. Does this mean it's time for a burial? How do I tell for sure? I just cleaned this atomizer by soaking it in alcohol, blowing it dry and letting it sit out for about ten hours, so it should be clean. Same question I guess, how do you know when your atomizer needs to go in the "bone-yard"?? I also should tell you that I just took the battery off the charger - both are about five weeks old.

Dishona in CA.

The sizzling sound means it is still working. When it stops making sound or production vapor it is dead. Sometime you might retire an atomizer early because the flavor just won't be good and a cleaning doesn't work. 5 weeks for atomizer is pretty good, some have reported them lasting longer but they are meant to be disposable.

Alcohol is a drying agent. The coil is probably too dry and your cart is not wicking enough liquid to the atomizer to produce vapor. Try adding a few drops directly on the atomizer and see if that helps with the problem.

I don't recommend using alcohol to clean an atomizer. I really don't bother with it. It is easier to start with a fresh atomizer when I feel it has lived its life.

Edited by BirdDog

Could be flooded ,I have never used an Ego atty but sometimes on 510's liquid gets built up between the pot the element is in and the battery connector and shorts it out,should be able to blow that out.Could also be the element is gunked up ,some liquids will cake up on the element and won't let it get the liquid hot enough to vaporise.Cleaning might help.5 weeks is not a real bad lifespan I have ruined some in a day with some domestic liquids I have tried in the past.

The sizzling sound means it is still working. When it stops making sound or production vapor it is dead. Sometime you might retire an atomizer early because the flavor just won't be good and a cleaning doesn't work. 5 weeks for atomizer is pretty good, some have reported them lasting longer but they are meant to be disposable.

Alcohol is a drying agent. The coil is probably too dry and your cart is not wicking enough liquid to the atomizer to produce vapor. Try adding a few drops directly on the atomizer and see if that helps with the problem.

Thanks - I am going to try that right now - nothing to lose right?? At least now I know the noise means there's still life after cleaning.

Dishona

Could be flooded ,I have never used an Ego atty but sometimes on 510's liquid gets built up between the pot the element is in and the battery connector and shorts it out,should be able to blow that out.Could also be the element is gunked up ,some liquids will cake up on the element and won't let it get the liquid hot enough to vaporise.Cleaning might help.5 weeks is not a real bad lifespan I have ruined some in a day with some domestic liquids I have tried in the past.

Thanks for the info - I blew this thing out and tried a newer battery on it - seems to be back up to par now. So maybe my question is really - how do I tell if my battery is gone? Because this one just came off the charger and the light was green - I only had two of the short batteries in my original kit - this is one of them, so it is five weeks old with some swapping out with back up etc. I have been really using it a lot though, since I am new to vaping and just quit "analogs" two months ago.

I blow mine out on a napkin or flush hot water into it with a Baby Nasal Aspirator..cleans them pretty good. maybe if you flush it with hot water and cover the part the connects into the bat, the water will squirt out both side holes on the bottom of the atty. those holes maybe clogged up.

The best way to tell if the atty or batt is dead is a multimeter. Harbor freight has them cheap (http://www.harborfreight.com/7-function-digital-multimeter-90899.html) There are many videos on how to check. But, for the cliff notes version, Check the DC voltage of the battery while you press the button (takes some finesse)and check the resistance (ohms) on the atty. If the resistance is too high from use, it will sizzle but not produce good vapor.

The best way to tell if the atty or batt is dead is a multimeter. Harbor freight has them cheap (http://www.harborfreight.com/7-function-digital-multimeter-90899.html) There are many videos on how to check. But, for the cliff notes version, Check the DC voltage of the battery while you press the button (takes some finesse)and check the resistance (ohms) on the atty. If the resistance is too high from use, it will sizzle but not produce good vapor.

I seem to be experiencing the same issue, not good vapor, cleaned it out as best as I can, still will sizzle. Any way to fix it? or just let it dry out? or scrap it?

I seem to be experiencing the same issue, not good vapor, cleaned it out as best as I can, still will sizzle. Any way to fix it? or just let it dry out? or scrap it?

Sees like the wick near the atty was causing problems, I de-wicked it and now it's back to new!