Can You Overcharge A Battery?

turtle11c

I just got an ego passthrough and was wondering if you can overcharge it. Do they stop passing current to the battery once a full charge is reached? I would like to keep my ego working for as long as possible.

I was wondering about that because it says it only takes like 2 hours if that to get a 100 percent charge but I was worried about plugging it in overnight considering thats a bit longer that just a couple hours. Thanks for the help.

so i decided to do a little study last night and had my webcam record my ego charge overnight and what i learned is that if you leave your battery plugged in it will charge to 100% and then stop but it does not turn on as your battery looses charge over time unless you unplug it and plug it back in. In other words you should charge it when you go to bed then that will give you enough charge to get to work or go through a couple of hours when you wake up before it needs a recharge.

Chris and others; help with your advice? This topic has confused me. I don't think the eGo Passthrough is what most people think of as a passthrough.

That is, the eGo passthrough is more of a 'charger' for a battery than it is a true passthrough.

But, I need tech support types to explain what I'm trying to say. (I guess I'm just thinking a REAL passthrough has no battery?) Is that it?

(btw turtle, I did one of those CAM tricks you did, and my wife was right. I start snoring after 20 mins flat)

Edited by GPurv

• 4 weeks later...