Joye Ego Type A Atomizer Tastes Like ***

CHEMBIO

Need some help from thew pros...

I'm about a month into vaping and was successful giving up the analogs. I absolutely love it and know I'll be sticking with this for a long time. This being the case, I decided to upgrade my Blu to the beloved eGo type A. So far, not impressed. The juice tastes like ***. Tastes burnt, metallic, and nasty no matter what I try. I blew out the atty and ran a ton of juice through it several times to no avail. I love everything about the device except the taste. To be honest, my Blu makes the eGo look stupid when it comes to taste..and even vapor production but the Blu battery is a joke. Need some help from you guys...I know this device is capable of a great experience but I'm just seeing it....again, tastes like complete ***! You advice is appreciated.

A burnt/metallic taste is usually a sign that the atty isn't getting enough eliquid. Are you using carts or direct dripping?

I would try dripping 3-4 drops directly into the atomizer and see if that helps. If not, add another two drops and see. If this helps, then I'd say the cart isn't wicking well (which is typical of carts). If that doesn't help, do you have another atomizer to try? Are these Low Resistance atomizers, or regular?

You may want to watch this vid on direct dripping:

http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/forum/topic/7996-what-is-direct-dripping-how-do-i-direct-drip/

A burnt/metallic taste is usually a sign that the atty isn't getting enough eliquid. Are you using carts or direct dripping?

I would try dripping 3-4 drops directly into the atomizer and see if that helps. If not, add another two drops and see. If this helps, then I'd say the cart isn't wicking well (which is typical of carts). If that doesn't help, do you have another atomizer to try? Are these Low Resistance atomizers, or regular?

You may want to watch this vid on direct dripping:

http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/forum/topic/7996-what-is-direct-dripping-how-do-i-direct-drip/

Thanks for the response. I'm dripping into a type A cone atomizer. I've tried between 2-6 drips on a blown out atty....nothing. The taste is aweful...just boiled my atty to see if it the factory oils cauing it...not hopefull. These attys are huge. I'm wondering if they're just burning my juice up.

I'm not sure how many drops those bigger attys can take, but on a regular 510, after bowing it out, I'll use about 6 drops to prime it. That will usually only give me one or two hits before I have to add 2-3 more drops. I would start with 6 drops and keep adding two drops at a time, taking a hit after every two drops until it stops getting the burn taste or you flood it. It really does sound like it's not getting enough juice.

Hope the boiling helps. Some will also suggest removing the wick and/or bridge. I've need found that to be necessary, but some like to do it.

Sorry your struggling with this. I had a bad go with som mega attys I got. They were all burned tasting and I could never right the problem either. Don't give usp just yet. Maybe the attys are bad or perhaps the juice is........ hard to tell. Can you order some regular attys or try using a cartomizer. We all have to go through the learning curve, it can be very frustrating but does pass. Good luck.

Hi Chembio. I'm am using a cyliner mega atty. I direct drip and use about 8 drops. When I blow out the atty I'm adding about 10 or 11 drops. I know this sounds odd but I also use the cartridge with the atty and load it up with juice too. I alternate between the mega atty, 510lr direct drip and 306lr direct drip. I also use the tank for my eGo, but just when I'm out and about. I haven't experienced anything like you have described so maybe, just maybe you are not getting enough juice on the atty. How old is the atomizer? Mine are about a month old and going strong. I know there is nothing worse than a big old drag on a dry atty. Yuk. I would change it out for a 510lr and a drip tip and see if the mega atty is what you are having trouble with. Just a thought.

Sorry your struggling with this. I had a bad go with som mega attys I got. They were all burned tasting and I could never right the problem either. Don't give usp just yet. Maybe the attys are bad or perhaps the juice is........ hard to tell. Can you order some regular attys or try using a cartomizer. We all have to go through the learning curve, it can be very frustrating but does pass. Good luck.

Thanks guys...really want the eGo to perform well...love the battery life.

Hello, those mega atomizers have the foulest primer in them and seems to take forever to get it out. That's one issue i've experienced and then like chesyl stated it takes more drops for those attys because of they are so much bigger than the 510 attys. So make sure you;ve got it blown out really well and then add about 10 drops or so and test it out. IT's not the eGo it really is the atomizers, but once you get it going you will be ok . Best of luck to you, let us know how it goes.

The help is greatly appreciated...I removed the wick and bridge - nice job too.took it slow and had the right tools. The burnt taste is gone...thank god. I am however still experiencing poor vapor production...tried a few juices.

Question for the ego users: How many drops on a de-wicked, de-bridged mega atty (cone integrated with atty) after a complete blow out? It seems like a science to get this right. Again, very appreciative of the help and will repay the favor when I have learned enough to contribute.

Hi Chembio. I'm am using a cyliner mega atty. I direct drip and use about 8 drops. When I blow out the atty I'm adding about 10 or 11 drops. I know this sounds odd but I also use the cartridge with the atty and load it up with juice too. I alternate between the mega atty, 510lr direct drip and 306lr direct drip. I also use the tank for my eGo, but just when I'm out and about. I haven't experienced anything like you have described so maybe, just maybe you are not getting enough juice on the atty. How old is the atomizer? Mine are about a month old and going strong. I know there is nothing worse than a big old drag on a dry atty. Yuk. I would change it out for a 510lr and a drip tip and see if the mega atty is what you are having trouble with. Just a thought.

Hi Cheshyl. I am new to using the eGo Mega cylinder attys and had some questions, maybe you can help with?

The first one worked good for about a day. Then what would happen is I would fill the cart and after a few drags the poly fill would fall out and be stuck to the bridge and it would cause liquid to seep out from the bottom of the atty! I tried a few different carts and would have the same problem. I tried using less liquid thinking maybe I used too much but that did not help. I also tried using more or less poly fill and still having the same problem. How many drops do you put when you use the carts? I've heard that they can take up to 60 to 80. I think I've experimented with 30 on up to 50 myself, but with same problems.

I also noticed that the atty gurgles a lot hard to draw on sometimes. I love the flavor and vapor production when I get a few good draws but not loving having to constantly stop to pull the poly off the bridge and wasting a ton of liquid from seepage. Does yours seep when you direct drip? I want to be able to use the carts because they have such a great capacity but this is driving me nuts. I would drip but dont like having to constantly do it to avoid that burning! I also have no idea how many draws I can take before the burn! I am always nervous when I drip because of this and I'll only take short shallow draws fearing the burn! lol Do you really have to drip after two drags anyway? That would seem like a big pain to do.

One last question...When you "blow out" atty's are you doing it from the thread end?

Also,

Hi PLP, On the mega cartridge, I load up a new one with probably 50 drops or until it looks just like a slushie. I make sure that the filler is up in the cartridge and will not fall down so it can't touch the atty. I then drop about 8-10 drops on the mega atty. Sometimes it depends on the juice but I get a lot of time out of my attys and carts that way. I usually vape away for about 30 to 45 minutes and then add another 8-10 drops to the atty and top off the cart. Maybe this isn't how it was designed to be used but it really works for me. The direct drip on a 510lr or 306lr atty is the 2 to 3 drops. I get a good 4 to 5 hits off this. You get used to most of the ways of direct dripping and most wouldn't have it any other way. The only reason I have mega attys is that I ordered the wrong atty and said, oh, well, I'll use it and I really like them. Sometimes, not often, I over fill and that causes the juice to run down the sides of the battery at the connector but it's not often.

Question for you, are you using blank carts that you got, like in a 5 pack or are you filling yours? I just use the carts that come in the pack and when it gets too soggy, I just get a new one, I don't mess with making my own filling or anything like that, way too much trouble for me. I think that is where the filler is falling out on you.

I blow the juice out from the threaded end. Put a paper towel at the big end and blow until there isn't anything left. Then you have to start the process all over again to avoid a dry atty. I guess when you think about it, putting a lighter to tobacco filled paper was a little easier but not near as much fun. Hope this helped you a little.

my two centss.... I have a mega atty and a couple carts I bought awhile back and I've had all the issues you mentioned PLP - Everytime I've pulled it out to give it another go it's gone right back to storage lol Personally I get more satisfaction out of LR Boge Cartomizer. BUt looks like Chesyl has some good tips to try may just solve your issues , alternatively you could pick up a drip tip for your mega atty and try direct dripping on it, that way you can avoid the carts? just a thought :)