The Helix

I see The Helix is finally available. Has anyone done any reading on this? Other than the 4000 mah battery, I'm not seeing anything special about it. It's 3.7V with the 4000 mah battery. There is a sleeve so you can use RCR123As for 6V. What am I missing about the hype on The Helix? Granted, 4000 mah will last a long time between charges, but it probably takes several hours to charge.

PS - I'm not bashing this mod - just wondering if I'm missing something.

Edited by Brian

Same here....

Just another tube shaped, big battery, side button mod. Yes to great battery life, but agreed on the charge time.

This is a mod made by Cisco as well. I know he put a lot time into it, but I am going to pass for $120 :rolleyes2:

Good to hear it's finally out on the market. That battery life is perfect for backpackers and summer fun. I hope he does well with it and keeps it around. The price is pretty shocking however

I saw a lot of ppl reviewing this at vapefests live feed, everyone seemed to love it, maybe the price of the silver bullet will go down more now? Hope so

I dunno, but not only is it a 4000 mAH battery, but its a 4000 mAH IMR high drain. I'm still on the battery I got it with a week ago at vapefest, on its factory charge, reading 4.01 and 3.89 under load. So it not only lasts forever, but its consistent through that whole length of time. I don't have any other IMR over 1500 mAH. And even the non-IMR 18650s are only up to 2600 or so.

I see The Helix is finally available. Has anyone done any reading on this? Other than the 4000 mah battery, I'm not seeing anything special about it. It's 3.7V with the 4000 mah battery. There is a sleeve so you can use RCR123As for 6V. What am I missing about the hype on The Helix? Granted, 4000 mah will last a long time between charges, but it probably takes several hours to charge.

PS - I'm not bashing this mod - just wondering if I'm missing something.

It looks really heavy, but nice. the 4000 mah sounds even better..long life without having to change batts so much. the price is just too high :(

• 3 weeks later...