Long Time E-Cigarette Users

PaPaT

This is just me, and may not be applicable to anyone else, but I thought I'd share it anyway.

I quit completely for 3 years (after smoking for 50 years). It was hard but I needed to do it. THEN, I found vaping. I purposely made the choice to vape, because I missed the "ritual" of the hand to mouth, coffee, etc. thing.

I started with 0mg of nicotine, but tried some 6mg and realized I missed the nicotine as well (not the other 4000 chemicals, though :) ). After almost a year of vaping, I've settled into 18mg nicotine, and really enjoy some of the nice flavors (Banana Creme is great with morning coffee).

Everyone is different, but I really enjoy vaping for its own sake and I've never regretted taking it up. BTW, even though I vape now, I *never* have the cravings for it that I had for analogs. If its available, and I'm in the mood, I vape. If its not convenient, its no big deal.

One last thing. My wife, who was also a long term smoker, but developed severe allergies to cigarette smoke (smoke of any kind, actually), tried vaping first and discovered it didn't bother her. (She had been off analogs for 7 years) We are both very happy vapers now :)

Hi Puffer,

My story is similar to yours. I quit analogs 8 years ago this month. I started smoking when I was 16 years old and only by the grace of God was I able to quit at the age of 46. Even though I never had a craving for a cigarette after April 13, 2003, I never lost the love of the act of smoking. I thought I had died and went to heaven when I discovered e-cigs Oct 2010. Not only was I able to satisfy my desire for the ritual of smoking, I found a great hobby. Like most hobbies, the start up cost is a little high. But I do believe it is starting to level out. Now, if they would just stop making new gadgets! wallbash.gif LOL

Hi Puffer,

My story is similar to yours. I quit analogs 8 years ago this month. I started smoking when I was 16 years old and only by the grace of God was I able to quit at the age of 46. Even though I never had a craving for a cigarette after April 13, 2003, I never lost the love of the act of smoking. I thought I had died and went to heaven when I discovered e-cigs Oct 2010. Not only was I able to satisfy my desire for the ritual of smoking, I found a great hobby. Like most hobbies, the start up cost is a little high. But I do believe it is starting to level out. Now, if they would just stop making new gadgets! wallbash.gif LOL

Sheesh, its all going downhill for me. Just when I thought I had some control over my PV spending (what? a new type of PV? Where's that CC?), I found an article on building a mod that was so simple, I figured even I could do it. Unfortunately, it worked and I'm pleased as can be....BUT, there's a thread on how to modify it to become a bottom feeder, and hey, only need another LED, a switch, couple of battery boxes, a bottle, some tubing, and, and, and .... Will it EVER end? :) :) :)

Sheesh, its all going downhill for me. Just when I thought I had some control over my PV spending (what? a new type of PV? Where's that CC?), I found an article on building a mod that was so simple, I figured even I could do it. Unfortunately, it worked and I'm pleased as can be....BUT, there's a thread on how to modify it to become a bottom feeder, and hey, only need another LED, a switch, couple of battery boxes, a bottle, some tubing, and, and, and .... Will it EVER end? :) :) :)

I can only speak for myself. At this point, I see no hope for me! LOL And loving every minute, until the CC bill come in! censored.gif

• 3 years later...

This post may be old but quitting smoking never is.

I smoked for 36 years,I started when I was 11 years old and never really knew how smoking had affected me. I didn't want to quit smoking,I loved it,it was a friend I grew up with but the cost was out of control. I had gotten laid off and money was tight,too tight to the point I couldn't afford to live in a house and smoke too so I tried a ecig that a friend was doing. He had already quit smoking and was vaping only for about a month,I ended up trading him a old Laptop for a new Joye Ego kits with a small bottle of juice. I coughed a few times at first but then it got to feel just like a real cigarette,I had to get used to taking a puff from a piece of plastic rather than a soft cigarette filter but that wasn't so bad when I had thought of the money I was going to save.

It has been 5 years since I have had 1 cigarette and I have no desire for one,even if I forget my ecig smoking a analog doesn't cross my mind.

How did I do it?

I started out on 24mg nic,after 2 years I went down to 18 mg then vaped that for a year,then to 12mg nic for half a year then 6 mg for another half.I went to 0 nic,yes it took a little bit to get used too,it is amazing how much nicotine affects throat hit but not like 6mg gave a ton to begin with.

I still use 0 nic and vape all the time BUT I still have no desire for a cigarette,to me getting addicted to vaping from cigarettes is the key.

I must add,it may be easy to be tempted to spend more on ecig devices and such but why? I still use a Joye Ego type battery with a Evod,I spend more on lunch for a week than I do for a month of ecig and supplies.