Another Doc On Board!

My dad is a gp and runs the largest practice in our small town. He stopped by to see us today and told me that he has been encouraging his patients to try ecigs and that he knows they work! He hasn't admitted to them that it is his daughter that quit but yay! He wanted me to show him how to refill and asked about cost etc. I told him i would make him an info card to hand out! I am psyched. My dad is one of those, prove it to me in writing before i beleive it kinda guys.

Congrats! :animier: :animier: I just love converting people! It's becoming a mission lol. Great work! :animier: :animier:

I totally agree! I just converted my Aunt. She has smoked for over 40 years and has tried to quit numerous times. My mother told her that I haven't had a cig in over a month so she called me and asked me how I've done it. I told her about E-cig's and she explained that she had tried one from a party store and it didn't work for her. I brought over my eGo and let her try it along with some of my favorite and not so favorite juices. She tried it and was floored at how much better it was than the POS she tried. I have 2 eGo kits so I let her borrow a battery, atty, charger, and my bottle of cantaloupe juice from KBV and she has now been analog free for 3 days!!! She called me today to tell me she wants me to order her one when she gets her SSI check on the 3rd. I just couldn't make her wait till then so I ordered her one today and I am just going to give it to her as a gift. I also am giving her seven 30ml bottles of juice I got from VR and don't use due to the lack of TH. She was so excited(so am I!). She is on a fixed income and I wanna make sure that she has what she needs to succeed!

How wonderful is that? If your dad is recommending to his patients proves that he believes e-cigs do the job. Well, Erika, that means you have proven it to him. I haven't gotten to convert the first person yet. I'm retired and don't get out much so I don't see that many people. In my husband's office there isn't that many smokers but he has told some folks about e-cigs and what they have done for me. 48 year smoker and have been smoke free since October, 2010. It's a record for me but anyway that is great news.

I totally agree! I just converted my Aunt. She has smoked for over 40 years and has tried to quit numerous times. My mother told her that I haven't had a cig in over a month so she called me and asked me how I've done it. I told her about E-cig's and she explained that she had tried one from a party store and it didn't work for her. I brought over my eGo and let her try it along with some of my favorite and not so favorite juices. She tried it and was floored at how much better it was than the POS she tried. I have 2 eGo kits so I let her borrow a battery, atty, charger, and my bottle of cantaloupe juice from KBV and she has now been analog free for 3 days!!! She called me today to tell me she wants me to order her one when she gets her SSI check on the 3rd. I just couldn't make her wait till then so I ordered her one today and I am just going to give it to her as a gift. I also am giving her seven 30ml bottles of juice I got from VR and don't use due to the lack of TH. She was so excited(so am I!). She is on a fixed income and I wanna make sure that she has what she needs to succeed!

That is so great for you to do that. I'm so glad your aunt is doing well with her vaping. You are a great nephew.

Everyone needs a sweet heart of a nephew like you Morph. Erika I'm so happy to hear your dad encouraging people to use ecigs instead of smoking. The MDs I work for also support vaping as does my own PMD and the NP I see there. We have converted several family members, co-workers and friends. Last night a group of us neighbors were standing outside enjoying the weather and we realized that there were 5 formerly heavy smokers standing around vaping and discussing what flavor we were using LOL. We had a good laugh about it. Great work everyone.:thumbsup:

So what should i put on the card besides "buy an ego!". Lol

That's a tough call. I would definitely put on VT's website, of course, and have, maybe in a smaller font, which threads to go to for beginners (the newbie stickied posts, for example).

I would point out that it tastes much better than smoking and one can try all kinds of flavors and will not find smokes tasteful at all in a short time.

I would make sure to mention that, in the long haul, despite the initial cash outlay (which isn't much more than a carton in some areas), that money can be saved. Also that the improvements in health DO happen.

And I would say to have fun, learn something new, give it a try, etc.

I guess I should put one together, too. :wallbash: