Pg Or Vg

PaPaT

I don't understand a lot about the two, but I will share what I know. PG produces better TH, VG better vapor and it's slightly sweet. I like to use a mix. 70/30 PG/VG.

PG - Propylene Glycol

VG - Vegetable Glycerin

PG is used the most. It's what carries the flavor the best. VG produces more vapor, but the more you use, the less flavor you get. A lot of people prefer a blend of the two.

Well the P stands for Propylene glycol

While the V Vegetable Glycerin

Learn about Propylene glycol at the link below, it actually talks about the use in e-cig's.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propylene_glycol

You can find out more about the VG here, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glycerol

PG tends to provide more throat hit (TH), with less vapor, and VG tends to be the opposite, more Vapor, but less TH. Which is right tends to be a highly personal decision. I have personally played with several combinations that tend to be expressed in percentages PG/VG. I have tried 100/0, 50/50, 80/20 and 70/30. I am trending towards the 80/20 and 70/30 combos to get the best of both.

Hope that helps.

PaPaT your using carts right? If so, you don't want to use a juice that is two thick. 80% PG and 20% VG is a good mix for you to start with IMO.

Thanks everyone. that explains why my last order didn't have as much vapor as my first order. The first order was Vg and it produeced lots of vapor, and the second one didn't. I can't tell about the TH of the two because my first order was 24mg and that was to strong, and then I ordered the 8mg and it was PG. I find the 8mg not quit strong enough, so I might mix a little of the 24 VG with the 8 PG. Maybe 80PG/20VG . Would that be something any of you would try if that were the two jucies you had?

Yes! Mix away until you get a good blend that you enjoy. Empty bottles help the mixing process but you can put a little of both right into your carts or whatever you're using. I have some 24mg PG that is just too strong. I mix it with 12mg VG to tone it down a little.

Help this helps :)

Thanks everyone. that explains why my last order didn't have as much vapor as my first order. The first order was Vg and it produeced lots of vapor, and the second one didn't. I can't tell about the TH of the two because my first order was 24mg and that was to strong, and then I ordered the 8mg and it was PG. I find the 8mg not quit strong enough, so I might mix a little of the 24 VG with the 8 PG. Maybe 80PG/20VG . Would that be something any of you would try if that were the two jucies you had?

Sure, although the one thing you do not mention is what flavors they are so its a bit tough to comment on if mixing the two seems like a good idea. That being said I have put two things together that I didnt think would be a good match and found it to be great (Do I sound a bit like a resse's commercial there?!?).

Just don't mix too much to start - in fact if you drip try 2 drops of one and 1 drop of another to give it a go if it seems promising mix up a bit more in an empty bottle and give it a go.

One of the many beauties of vaping is the creativeness of the vapers themselves!

Agreed. I've been mixing some PG VT Midnight with some WordUp VG blueberry (and others) to much delight. The blends seem to get great balance of vapor and th/taste

However VG is Thicker and will gunk up an atty faster, i believe? Anyone have experience with this?