Ego Tank

So this was my last effort at anything other than direct dripping on standard units. I don't mind direct dripping, and I love the vapor and flavor production, but I wanted something a little more convenient for traveling. I have tried cartos and wasn't a fan, so this was it.

First, let me say I love the Ego. Great battery life, and solid performance. I'm not; however, a fan of the Tank system. There's nothing wrong with it, the concept is great and it works exactly as advertised. Very easy to put together and use, but while vaping it, there is a flavor that I cannot quite explain...almost plasticy. It's not a burnt atomizer, I know those symptoms all too well. It feeds very well and I experienced no leakage, but it modifies the taste of my favorite juices a little too much for my comfort. I have also become accustomed to LR attys, so the cooler, dryer vaping doesn't satisfy me as much as it once did.

The really weird thing is, I like the look and feel of the tapered mouthpieces more than drip tips or the standard cartridge mouthpieces. I also like the fact that the tank atty is a little bigger and I love the look of the Ego with the tank on it as opposed to the cones. Just for kicks I tried direct dripping into the tank atty without the tank and it was pretty good. Aside from the fact that the atty wasn't LR, it produced great vapor and flavor, but without that warm LR goodness.

In short, I guess it's a great concept, a sleek visual and a great design. I'm sure it will work for a lot of people, but I guess I'm just a direct dripping kinda guy (or maybe a wet box next) :)

Nana---You are going to sell me on the wetbox yet--if I keep buying new stuff, I really will end up in divorce court (wonder if I can keep custody of the challenger.......)

I am really liking the ego tank system for when i am driving or at work (difficult to drip while at work), love dripping all the other times. I think dripping will always be my favorite for flavor and vapor, but the tank works for all those time in between.

time to look at wet boxes......(like I need another model....)question.gif

I don't notice the flavor change it seems like most here do. Very minor difference for me. Of course, I don't use LR atty's though. I'm used to regular ohm's. Maybe that's the difference. Or maybe I just haven't fully gotten my taste buds back from analogs yet.

Flavor is really so individual. For me I am mostly flavor challenged. With the Ego Tank, I am finding I can taste fruit type flavors much better. I have experimented with adding a bit more expresso flavoring to my mix and that has seemed to help the flavor with some of my other ones.

I find I am using my Tank more and more--the throat hit and vapor is great !!

So this was my last effort at anything other than direct dripping on standard units. I don't mind direct dripping, and I love the vapor and flavor production, but I wanted something a little more convenient for traveling. I have tried cartos and wasn't a fan, so this was it.

First, let me say I love the Ego. Great battery life, and solid performance. I'm not; however, a fan of the Tank system. There's nothing wrong with it, the concept is great and it works exactly as advertised. Very easy to put together and use, but while vaping it, there is a flavor that I cannot quite explain...almost plasticy. It's not a burnt atomizer, I know those symptoms all too well. It feeds very well and I experienced no leakage, but it modifies the taste of my favorite juices a little too much for my comfort. I have also become accustomed to LR attys, so the cooler, dryer vaping doesn't satisfy me as much as it once did.

The really weird thing is, I like the look and feel of the tapered mouthpieces more than drip tips or the standard cartridge mouthpieces. I also like the fact that the tank atty is a little bigger and I love the look of the Ego with the tank on it as opposed to the cones. Just for kicks I tried direct dripping into the tank atty without the tank and it was pretty good. Aside from the fact that the atty wasn't LR, it produced great vapor and flavor, but without that warm LR goodness.

In short, I guess it's a great concept, a sleek visual and a great design. I'm sure it will work for a lot of people, but I guess I'm just a direct dripping kinda guy (or maybe a wet box next) :)

I was just wondering if you blew out the Tank atty before you started using it. I have bought two from TW and two from Liberty-Flights. All four came with a primer type substance in the atty. After blowing the primer out, all four were fine.

One of my four is the LR I got from Liberty-flights. This was my first experience with a LR atty. I got tons of vapor, a good TH, but the juice taste got lost. I've put it away and one day when I get some juice that has extra, extra flavor, I'll get it another try.

I was just wondering if you blew out the Tank atty before you started using it. I have bought two from TW and two from Liberty-Flights. All four came with a primer type substance in the atty. After blowing the primer out, all four were fine.

One of my four is the LR I got from Liberty-flights. This was my first experience with a LR atty. I got tons of vapor, a good TH, but the juice taste got lost. I've put it away and one day when I get some juice that has extra, extra flavor, I'll get it another try.

Yeah, I did. Still didn't quite work for me. I'm gonna go back to it after it has sat for a while and soaked up all the juice, because I'm hooked on the idea and I love the way it looks. Thanks for the suggestion though, much appreciated!

I just bought an eGo tank set up today. I agree with the low flavor at first. Put a half a tank of one of my favorite juices and the flavor was weak.

I came home and filled a tank with a very strong juice and used it for 2 hours or so. The flavor got much better. Going to try it tomorrow and see how it is.

Right now it with a strong flavored juice it is working great. Also it has not leaked at all.

I did pick up a eGo mega atty and drip tip, that is my new favorite!

I too can't stand the eGo Tank system... and for the same reason you gave... piss poor taste from all of my juices! Goodbye eGo Tank... welcome back Boge Cartos !! :thumbsup:

Dang, I get good taste from mine. I blow mine out after every other fill up. it is simply awesome!! :thumbsup:

I never knew what that stuff was until I read about it. I always thought maybe the place where they store the supplies was damp. I never blew that stuff out until this time when i got my ego T atty in. It is fine. wonder if that junk broke my old T atty? maybe that plastic taste is the primer that is in the attys? blow them out guys and just maybe your eGo T atty will be great like mine is. I can not live without mine. oh wow. I just filled mine with GrapeSoda and the TH I am getting is making me cough..It is great!

Edited by Tagsanstuff

Nana---You are going to sell me on the wetbox yet--if I keep buying new stuff, I really will end up in divorce court (wonder if I can keep custody of the challenger.......)

I am really liking the ego tank system for when i am driving or at work (difficult to drip while at work), love dripping all the other times. I think dripping will always be my favorite for flavor and vapor, but the tank works for all those time in between.

time to look at wet boxes......(like I need another model....)question.gif

I have a 3.5 wet box. You will need cartomizers for it. I put a few drips onto the carto because I feel it does not wet the filler inside the carto. if you squeeze the little bottle that is inside the box and hold it for a few sec, it may fillup better. I am just afraid I will break the plastic bottle. I do not use mine much anymore.

Wet box will have to wait until I am done building my Tank supplies. I really am liking the Tank system. Flavor seems to be improving--mixing my flavors a bit stronger. but awesome throat hit and vapor.

Just posted on another thread. Just took the bottom caps off my tank cart and that has really seemed to kick things up a notch. nicer draw and I swear better flavor.

I have a 3.5 wet box. You will need cartomizers for it. I put a few drips onto the carto because I feel it does not wet the filler inside the carto. if you squeeze the little bottle that is inside the box and hold it for a few sec, it may fillup better. I am just afraid I will break the plastic bottle. I do not use mine much anymore.

I have the "old goat" bottom feeder juice boxes and I use LR 510 attys on mine. I also have an Ali'i and I use the LR 510 attys on that, too. The reason I never got a "wet box" was because they said you could only use cartos on it and I didn't like cartos. I only have to squeeze the bottle for a couple of seconds - if that - to wet the atty. It's just like dripping, really. I have yet to break a bottle, but I don't worry about it because I have lots of "backup" bottles. LOL I use my juice boxes all the time. I just love them!!

I'm sorry your wet box isn't working out for you Tags. Could you try using an atty on it instead of the carto? It doesn't look to be much different than my OG juice box.

Wet box will have to wait until I am done building my Tank supplies. I really am liking the Tank system. Flavor seems to be improving--mixing my flavors a bit stronger. but awesome throat hit and vapor.

Just posted on another thread. Just took the bottom caps off my tank cart and that has really seemed to kick things up a notch. nicer draw and I swear better flavor.

So glad the flavor is improving for you! I know what it is to be flavor challenged. Once you get your Tank supplies built up, if you need someone to talk you into getting a juice box, just let me know and I'll do my very best to help you out with that. :whistle:

Kit, What do you mean about taking the bottom caps off your tank carts? Can you explain this to me?

Kit, What do you mean about taking the bottom caps off your tank carts? Can you explain this to me?

I think she meant tops. The cap on the mouth piece end will pop out, and there's a second piece right under that which will also pop right out. Seems to make it work much better.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines