California Pending Legislation On E-Cigs

Kmel

Sacramento Bee Article 8/15/09

I've got no problem with the concept of "age verification" -- it's the process of doing it that's the problem when things are done by mail order.

And the recommendation for the "ban until the FDA approves e cigs" is just nonsense.

California is falling apart and they are focusing on e-cigs? It's just politicians rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

Hopefully what we are experiencing is a system being setup in place to regulate e-cigs. I don't mind it being regulated; but it needs to be done reasonably. I'm sure good decisions and bad decisions will be made, just hopefully we come out on top ok.

I don't mind it being regulated; but it needs to be done reasonably. I'm sure good decisions and bad decisions will be made, just hopefully we come out on top ok.

In general, I agree with you. But the California legislature? These are the same people who ran one of the top 10 world economies into the ground. I don't tend to have much confidence in their rational decision-making capabilities on anything, let alone e cigs.

But then again, I don't have much choice.

I can't agree more we have some real winners over here.

The thing is, juice and ecigs are hot right now. When I sell juice I have to pay state tax, when lots of people buy, lots of state tax comes in. Which believe me this state needs. If they outlaw the ecig and it's counterparts they are only going to force suppliers like myself and e smokey treats etc, out of the state.