Death In The Family

My first begotten battery (can't tell if she's Joye or Ego, as they look so much alike) passed tonight. It wasn't totally unexpected as she had not been feeling well as of late. Weird charging light blinks...sub-par performance (which for her was odd because she always gave it 110% ), not holding a charge..etc...

Although not unexpected, it doesn't make the loss any less painful.

A "battopsy" is scheduled for tomorrow and the family has requested that in lieu of flowers, that the entire vaping community sends juice. Lots of juice. 10 mls. would probably be o.k. but considering what a great old batt. she was, I'm sure you will probably want to send quantities in the range of 30-40-50+.

On a happier side note, when I informed her cousin Riva about Joyes/Egos passing, she made plans to come visit next week...and bring her twin also. Family ROCKS!

Your thoughts and prayers (and juice) are greatly appreciated.

P.S....If juice shopping in this trying time is just to hard, the family will also accept cash...and checks...and money orders...jewelry...non-traceable items of any sort...twinkies, yeah...that's the ticket.

My first begotten battery (can't tell if she's Joye or Ego, as they look so much alike) passed tonight. It wasn't totally unexpected as she had not been feeling well as of late. Weird charging light blinks...sub-par performance (which for her was odd because she always gave it 110% ), not holding a charge..etc...

Although not unexpected, it doesn't make the loss any less painful.

A "battopsy" is scheduled for tomorrow and the family has requested that in lieu of flowers, that the entire vaping community sends juice. Lots of juice. 10 mls. would probably be o.k. but considering what a great old batt. she was, I'm sure you will probably want to send quantities in the range of 30-40-50+.

On a happier side note, when I informed her cousin Riva about Joyes/Egos passing, she made plans to come visit next week...and bring her twin also. Family ROCKS!

Your thoughts and prayers (and juice) are greatly appreciated.

P.S....If juice shopping in this trying time is just to hard, the family will also accept cash...and checks...and money orders...jewelry...non-traceable items of any sort...twinkies, yeah...that's the ticket.

i feel your pain ..sorry for your loss i would love to send juice if if i could only .. vt is out for now and i too am suffering .may god be with my child be strong :rolleyes:

I am sorry for your loss. It sounds like she put up a good fight, but in the end just couldn't hold on any longer. What a trooper! I'm sure you'll hold the fond memories of her in your heart forever. And perhaps the twin cousins will bring you a bit of comfort in your time of need.

I am so sorry for your loss. As i'm sure you will remember i've always been quite of joye/eGo. She was a true hero she saved my life and the life of many others. She is gone but will not be forgotten. RIP joye/eGo, gone but not forgotten.

I too have recently lost a dearly beloved battery. My first eGo XL, little red. Her life was good and she was a loyal friend, her siblings black XL and black 5 click have been so strong, they have offered us so much support in this time of sorrow. Red 5 click is flying in, we expect her today, to step in and get me through. I know that will be a comfort to us.

Thanks for all your kind words. although the pain is great, knowing that the twins are coming surely helps. It's amazing how the vaping community stands together. Um....about the juice/cash/twinkies...??????

There is nothing like snuggling between a pair of twins to cope with grief. Be strong and god bless.

I am soooooo sorry to hear about your loss :crybaby: such a true tragedy !!!

Unfortunately the twinkies didn't make it to the mailbox--my 19 year old ran off with them :dribble: (probably looking to sell them well above market value).

Juice.....well.....ummm...you see....:whistle:

I am truly sorry to hear of your loss. I am sure one day I will be experiencing your pain. Did you have a Memorial Service?

Also, I checked with my Accountant and she advised me to only make donations that are tax deductible. I might be able to swing a Little Debbie Devils food cake without her knowing about it. Maybe bubble wrap might work better then bottles of juice.

Please let us know how your doing. In difficult times like this, you shouldn't isolate. :gathering:

Thanks Sharon. I'm doing slightly better today, but a loss like this is very trying. Like Burn said...snuggling up between twins should help. That is, after all, every mans dream.

No memorial service. Joye..er..ego...she is donating herself to science. A "battopsy" was scheduled for this weekend but didn't happen. Later this week for sure.

You may want to keep a close eye on those little debbies. I hear there is a desperate band of snack cake racketeers on the prowl in Colorado. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before they start expanding their way east. Luckily they seem to be mainly interested in snack cakes. I hope and pray that they don't try to squeeze the pop tart market. Hm...pop tart juice. I believe I could go for that.

Yum, Pop Tart juice sounds great!!! Yeah, but what flavor? Apple Strudel, Brown Sugar Cinnamon, Strawberry with icing, or Hot Fudge Sundae. I think I need to go eat dinner!!!!

Thanks for the heads up on the snack cake bandit. I'll put the Little Debbie's in the safe. Oh, your package maybe delayed due to this issue. But, do check every single day!

Let me know how the "battopsy" goes. Keep your chin up.

Now go check he mail! LOL

The twins arrived today. They are so pretty and full of life. This may be a long night :dribble:. Right now their in the kitchen getting ready, getting all fired up if you will, and I can barely stand it.

Perhaps I should go check on them.

I know you are excited about the arrival of your twins!!!!! Have you named them yet????? Now, don't forget that you need your rest so you can take real good care of them. Playing is fun and everything, but rest is important. You don't want them to get "burnt out". :thumbsup:

Thanks guys(gal)

Tundra: I surely will miss jane and lego..er..joe and betty...OH NO...the memory fades so quickly. Especially when you have a couple of french(Riva is french ...right?)twins waiting for you. Thanks for your kind words.

Thanks sharon. As far as names I'm leaning towards fi-fi and Bob, but nothing set in stone yet. And I can rest when I'm out of juice ....and cash (oh yeah...hmmmmm) and pop tarts.

Don't mean to be an alarmist, but i think I see steady green lights over at the outlet. Pardon me....

I am truly sorry for your loss. I have to ask are your twins young or old? I just received a pair of twins in a french Foreign exchange program but they were slightly older. They were in the 11 range and let me tell they are definately a handful but very cute. It is still early to tell about their energy level since they are charging up from the jet lag. I am definately looking foward to our future together. I wish you the best of luck with your twins. Just remember to keep them hydrated by having plenty of juice stocked. I would send twinkies but the twinkies didn't have any juice and I haven't found a juice maker for twinkies yet.

Paul

Mine are very young. And now twinkie flavored juice is sounding good.

All kidding aside, the riva batts look identical to the ego with the exception of the button and the smooth finish. It seems to kick better but I don't know if that's the difference between 650 and 750 mahs or if that's the difference between a brand new batt and a 4 month old batt. Probably a little of both I suspect. I'll see how it performs over the long haul today. They should easily last long enough to get me into a new mod and then go into the emergency backup drawer.