Direct Dripping Issues

Okay, so I'm a new vaper and have been trying a few different ways of vaping. So far, cartos are by far my favorite way to vape.

I've tried dripping several times, and I want to like it, but so far it's just as much of a mess and hassle as using cartridges. I've tried using regular attys, LR attys, and have de-wicked the attys and even removed the bridge on one. I put 3 drops on juice onto the atty, and find the flavor to be less satisfying than using a carto. The only positive I've found is the amount of vapor produced by dripping.

The real problem I have is this -- even after de-wicking a new atty, using 3 drops of liquid seems to burn up in a drag or two, and the drags don't even taste all that great. The only way I've found to get good flavor is to use more than 3 drops, but that inevitably ends up turning into juice running through the atty and getting all over the battery and making a big mess in general.

What am I doing wrong? Does anyone have any suggestions?

im guessing you have tried blowing out the atty as well?

i mostly use cartos, i love the tase in a carto, when its fresh, new and poping...

i do get a good flavor from DD, which is what i do when im tying out new flavors, but all in all i still get more satisfaction out of the cartos

It sounds like you have tried just about everything to enjoy DD and that it is just not working for you. I have no other tips or tricks to offer you that you have not already tried. How you vape and what you use all breaks down to personal preference. If the cartomizers are working for you then I say stick with the cartomizers. Set aside the direct dripping for awhile and revisit it at a later time.

BirdDogs right. It sounds like DD isn't for you. Its not for me either. No worries their are other methods to try. I think cartos are great, maybe shop around a bit and find a Carto you like better. Boges are great IMHO.

Good luck.

I find that I only like DD once in awhile. I mostly use Cartos now and enjoy those much better. I just DD on those for refills. Much more reliable and consistent for me. but there are still times when I like to DD like trying new juices also.

It's possible that you have to break the atty's in longer. I know I had a couple lr 306's that tasted horrible for the longest time. It was really hard to get through that, but once I did -they are awesome.

How many volts you using?Sounds like high voltage or low resistance to me.Not my cup of tea.I prefer standard resistance 510's,306's,901's or 302's at 3.7 to 4 volts.Dewicking and removing the bridge made a mess cause there was nothing to hold onto the liquid.Could be your liquids ,some are better vaped some ways than others.

I've tried a standard resistance 510, a LR 510, a dewicked LR 510, and a dewicked/debridged standard 510... None of them seem to give me what I'm wanting. As far as the liquids go, all 3 of my liquids came from VR, and are 80/20 blends, 24mg nicotine.

I'm not sure what voltage I'm running, I just know I have the eGo mega-battery.

The Boge cartos are what I've been enjoying, actually... They will definitely be my default.

Edited by pipedreamer79