I'll Never Buy A Map Tank From Clouds Of Vapor!

I deliver pizzas. It is important that I hustle. Every second counts so instead of taking the time to drip before taking off I usually end up dripping and driving. I hate it. I have had some close calls including almost running people over. The MAP Tank seems to have the potential to solve this problem. The only problem is it is almost impossible for me to get one. I'm either asleep, on my way to work, or they go so fast that even when I'm ready they sell in minutes. One day I set my clock to wake me once every hour to refresh the site and see if they are in. Even then I missed it by minutes. Maybe I should of just skipped sleep and hit the refresh button nonstop until it showed up? I have been wanting to purchase one for two or three months now and I thought today would be the day. I saw they were on the site. I rushed because I was scared they would sell out quick. Obviously I went too fast because I accidentally ordered the wrong one. I thought I could solve the problem by quickly buying another one, cancelling my old order, and then apologizing for my mistake. Well, the problem is it wouldn't let me do duplicate orders so I have to wait for the wrong one to be canceled before ordering the correct one. By then they will be sold out. Anyway, I can't stand this trying to make a purchase within a limited amount of time crap. They need a waiting list or something. If they did I would probably have one by now. Apparently, I will never buy a MAP Tank. I would love to buy one but it seems to be too much of a challenge to become a customer.

That's part of buying a mod in some cases. They become popular, and supply cannot keep up with demand. I guess that could be a good thing- as it's a wanted product. I know there was at least one person on this forum that has one for sale. You might want to pop into the chat room and see if you can get any info there. Otherwise- good luck. I hope you get one someday soon!

I deliver pizzas. It is important that I hustle. Every second counts so instead of taking the time to drip before taking off I usually end up dripping and driving. I hate it. I have had some close calls including almost running people over. The MAP Tank seems to have the potential to solve this problem. The only problem is it is almost impossible for me to get one. I'm either asleep, on my way to work, or they go so fast that even when I'm ready they sell in minutes. One day I set my clock to wake me once every hour to refresh the site and see if they are in. Even then I missed it by minutes. Maybe I should of just skipped sleep and hit the refresh button nonstop until it showed up? I have been wanting to purchase one for two or three months now and I thought today would be the day. I saw they were on the site. I rushed because I was scared they would sell out quick. Obviously I went too fast because I accidentally ordered the wrong one. I thought I could solve the problem by quickly buying another one, cancelling my old order, and then apologizing for my mistake. Well, the problem is it wouldn't let me do duplicate orders so I have to wait for the wrong one to be canceled before ordering the correct one. By then they will be sold out. Anyway, I can't stand this trying to make a purchase within a limited amount of time crap. They need a waiting list or something. If they did I would probably have one by now. Apparently, I will never buy a MAP Tank. I would love to buy one but it seems to be too much of a challenge to become a customer.

which one did you get/want. I wanted a 2.4 and had to settle for a 2.8. I will gladly trade if you have a 2.4

Yeah I have been trying too, but now I have NO 510's to use, I had 5.... so, I guess I go back to flipping anaologs, I can't affford to buy 2-3 batteries every month. I can't afford the mods, and am not handy enough to make my own.

Yeah I have been trying too, but now I have NO 510's to use, I had 5.... so, I guess I go back to flipping anaologs, I can't affford to buy 2-3 batteries every month. I can't afford the mods, and am not handy enough to make my own.

why are you buying 2-3 batteries a month?

mods may have an expense but after that they save you a ton of money batteries are wayyy cheaper for a mod than ecig

you can get some seriously cheap costing mods down to the $40 range and then batteries are like 5 bucks and you really dont need to replace them.

Hey Schizophretard at the rate the MAP Tanks are selling, you could resell your's on ebay and make a fortune.

Getting a MAP is like winning the Lottery. I'll just keep trying, I'm hoping I will win soon or latter. LOL

I'm sure lovin' my 2.4 MAP TANK ! I'm just sayin.... :whistle:

Also, 'variable voltage' has come in very helpful with my MAP TANK, as I have found myself needing to tone it down just a bit. I was beginning to get that slight burnt taste when I first started... the one you normally get with CE2's when they just can't wick juice fast enough. All it took was dropping it a notch or two and all is fine now. :thumbsup:

Edited by DAYVAPE

I'm sure lovin' my 2.4 MAP TANK ! I'm just sayin.... :whistle:

Also, 'variable voltage' has come in very helpful with my MAP TANK, as I have found myself needing to tone it down just a bit. I was beginning to get that slight burnt taste when I first started... the one you normally get with CE2's when they just can't wick juice fast enough. All it took was dropping it a notch or two and all is fine now. :thumbsup:

Hey Dayvape, I was waiting to hear about your MAP Tank experience. I guess you have been to busy vaping! LOL :whistle:

why are you buying 2-3 batteries a month?

mods may have an expense but after that they save you a ton of money batteries are wayyy cheaper for a mod than ecig

you can get some seriously cheap costing mods down to the $40 range and then batteries are like 5 bucks and you really dont need to replace them.

I had 7 510's.... so I got one of the 10 port chargers. Figured it would be fine.. well, 5 of them conked out... the charger says they are charged but I get no vapor! SO I am sending some of them back to the vendors, and hopefully getting replacements. But in the mean time I am smoking my more expensive crown 7's (one of which just conkede out on me)and using my 510 usb passthru that only works on my computer. I tried getting a 1000maH wall unit for that but that didn't work either, they replaced them...... I have 4 more paperweights. Soooooo I am getting discouraged when I wrote that post. But my partner is going to be sweet and get me another kit... I hope that they are a KR808, cuz I have a boatload of cartos for an 808, cvuz right now I have one! battery that I can use away from the house.

Edited by Elayna

Hey Dayvape, I was waiting to hear about your MAP Tank experience. I guess you have been to busy vaping! LOL :whistle:

Sorry, the TANK is ok. I have the 2.4 ohm version and discovered that, if I don't use it on a variable voltage device that I can turn down, it will STILL not wick fast enough. Also, I find myself having to take several 'primer puffs' on it before it starts to get to, and use, the 'fresh juice' that is in the wick/atty. I like it... but it's still not my "go to" piece. I don't know.... maybe I vape too much/too fast for any CE2 version carto to keep up. :iiam:

Edited by DAYVAPE

• 2 weeks later...

I think I just am destined to NEVER like anymore CE2's .... to hell with them all! I never get that FRESH juice taste on the first few puffs... obviously, I just don't have the patience to tilt/tap/tinker with the dang thing so it works like it should. I'm HAPPILY back to cartos!! HAPPILY.

I may have a MAP tank to throw in to a giveaway one nite in chat... if I can ever find time to do so!! :

Edited by DAYVAPE

Oh Dayvape, I wish I haven't of seen your post. I just ordered my map tank but I had to get the mini. If you hare having that trouble and I see that you are vaping a vv could you tell me at what voltage you are vaping? I have an eGo, so is it good for a 3.7? I guess I got caught up in all the hype about the map tank. I don't know now if I'm even going to use it. I'll just stick with my direct dripping and the occasional eGo tank. Phooey :crybaby:

I think I just am destined to NEVER like anymore CE2's .... to hell with them all! I never get that FRESH juice taste on the first few puffs... obviously, I just don't have the patience to tilt/tap/tinker with the dang thing so it works like it should. I'm HAPPILY back to cartos!! HAPPILY.

I may have a MAP tank to throw in to a giveaway one nite in chat... if I can ever find time to do so!! :

DayVape, I thought you were chain vaping with your MAP Tank and it was a match made in heaven. Is the honeymoon over?

What happen that made you change your decision about the MAP Tank? I'm still stalking the website! :question:

My MAIN problem with it is that it uses CRAPPY CE2's! I can't stand those worthless things... I must just be the unlucky one that got all the bad ones, cuz every one of tried tasted like :censored: ! And I mean that in that it doesn't wick properly and you have to tip/tilt/jack with it till there is juice in the well. NO THANK YOU!!! :thumbsup:

Cheshyl: I have used every voltage known to man.... I haven't tried one on my eGo. Don't like the eGo Tanks either. FAIL.

All I can say is: THANK GOD FOR CARTOS! :thumbsup:

Edited by DAYVAPE

My MAIN problem with it is that it uses CRAPPY CE2's! I can't stand those worthless things... I must just be the unlucky one that got all the bad ones, cuz every one of tried tasted like :censored: ! And I mean that in that it doesn't wick properly and you have to tip/tilt/jack with it till there is juice in the well. NO THANK YOU!!! :thumbsup:

Cheshyl: I have used every voltage known to man.... I haven't tried one on my eGo. Don't like the eGo Tanks either. FAIL.

All I can say is: THANK GOD FOR CARTOS! :thumbsup:

Hit the nail on the head I feel the same way about the Map tank lots of burnt flavor the wick just cant keep up you have to tilt the thing re wet the wick and try again until you get a good hit a little hassle although I am confused I have not used cartos but I thought a ce2 was inside the cartos?? If that is the case then you should have the same experience with the map tank as you have with your cartos.. right?? I have the 2.4 map and some cartridge tanks and I have been using my tanks more than the map tank. I like them better but I think im going to buy some cartos and see whats up with that.. Thanks for the post

No, I only use the regular cartos... with the filler. If you have an eGo... try some LR CARTOS. Just make sure you aren't using 100% VG... it's too thick. I use all PG and love it in regular and LR cartos. Works like a champ. :thumbsup:

Edited by DAYVAPE

I kinda agree that the MAPs could be troublesome, but not having one, I really don't know. I am using 510 clearomizers (they have their problems) and 808's, both with adapters, and now I am getting a couple of 801's from a gentleman here on the forums. So I will get the appropriate adapters since I have not seen any 801 cartos. So far using cartos, espescially the clearomizers, has had the best and easiest way to taste the flavors. I finally broke down and got an EGO passthru, my other one was a simple 510 without the inline battery, but the button quit on me, and I think i can fix it but need to find the buttons. I have found some, but $2.00/button I think is a bit steep. Now the crazy thing, the 510 PT would NOT work anywhere other than on a computer, I tried several wall units and combinations of usb and wall units, none worked. I get my EGO, tried it with a regular wall unit w/a USB connector, and voila, vapor, nice and thick! I was astounded, to say the least. But I am happy cuz now I don't endanger either of my computers! So keep trying combo's if necessary, you will find something that will make you happy!

Personally, I love my MAP tank. I got the 2.8ohm version and am using it on an eGo and have had practically no problems with wicking or leaking. I even was removing the top cap to fill for the first week I had it because I didn't have any syringes. You do have to tilt and rotate it from time to time to keep the wicks wet to prevent "dry" hits but it really doesn't bother me. One thing that I guess I would say that I don't like is that occasionally I will take a hit and "smoke" will enter the tank. It's not like it affects performance or taste, but something about it just bugs me. I guess another thing I don't like is that if you lay it on its side, when you go to hit it again, it gurgles and it seems like you don't get as good of a hit but it only seems to happen when it's near full. As the liquid level drops, it seems to happen less. Put it this way, if I can ever catch them on sale again, I would love one or two more. I just hope I can catch the replacement cartos on sale again before this one dies!!

• 2 weeks later...

My MAIN problem with it is that it uses CRAPPY CE2's! I can't stand those worthless things... I must just be the unlucky one that got all the bad ones,

Actually, your main problem is that you purchased the 2.4 ohm MAP tank.

Bruce, over at Clouds of Vapor, has said that on variable voltage devices, or devices over 3.7v, you should stick with the 3.2 ohm MAP tanks.

I personally saw the 2.4ohm MAP become available two weeks ago, but passed on them because I really wanted to use a ProVari with the MAP, and felt that it needed at least the 2.8ohm but preferably the 3.2ohm CE2.

Finally was able to get a MAP with 3.2ohm, and haven't had any issues with dry hits! It really works great!

I also like the clearomizers, but they don't hold quite as much juice, and I do find that with those, on occasion, you need to tip them upside down for half a second, to get enough juice to the atty. Usually, this only is necessary when the Clearomizer is below 1/3 of the way full.

There IS a reason everyone is raving about the MAP's. I do agree, however, that I wish CoV would set up a waiting list. I'd rather be on a list, and know that in two, three weeks I'll have one, then the email notification system. I've received email notices several times, but by the time I've checked my email, and seen the notice, then gone to Clouds of Vapor's site, it was 45minutes to over an hour after the notice had arrived, and they're all sold out!

I mean, come ON... who watches their friggin email every minute of every day just to get ecig supplies????

Good luck!

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines