Study In South Africa

Vacker1229

I think it is only a matter of time before more of these types of studies become public. As I am sure there is stuff going on right now to counter all the bad press that has recently appeared. Blogs and forums are great for us to learn more cuz we want to learn more, but the FDA and government officials aren't reading them cuz they don't care. What we need is good press, perhaps all those folks who write so well in the blogs should use the commentary sections of the media to get the "good" word out.

I think it is only a matter of time before more of these types of studies become public. As I am sure there is stuff going on right now to counter all the bad press that has recently appeared. Blogs and forums are great for us to learn more cuz we want to learn more, but the FDA and government officials aren't reading them cuz they don't care. What we need is good press, perhaps all those folks who write so well in the blogs should use the commentary sections of the media to get the "good" word out.

You are very correct... But, I think there is a lot of apathy in this country ii every area.... No one really wants to exert the energy...

I have noticed that a lot of the positive articles about ecigs focus on them as an aid to quitting. So are most of you using ecigs to quit analog cigarettes and then also quit ecigs? I took up the ecig after I quit smoking as an alternative to starting again. After 7 months I hit a wall and for the next 3 months thought about smoking again all the time and I was perpetually PO'd that I gave up something I enjoyed. Not to mention the rediculous amount of coffee I was drinking. My Dr. suggested using the patch or gum. I thought if I am going to put nicotine back into my system I am going to do it in a way I enjoy. I have no plan to quit using ecigs. I think I was tied to the psychological enjoyment and habit as much as the physical nicotine craving. So for now I will continue to vape.

I too originally got the ecig to quit smoking and of course I did quit analogs. I still would eventually like to give up ecigs too but that will take some time. I now have a hugggge supply of 36mg juice and that I cut with food grade glycerin to the point that I only am vaping aprox 9mg at the moment -- some day 0mg. I have made a promise to my honey that I will be free hopefully by 2010. But to be honest he is just happy I don't smoke at all, he could care less about the ecig and says he is proud to tell his friends that I gave up smoking and he just leaves it at that.

I originally had no intention of quitting smoking actually but due to costs of analogs at the time I looked into the e-cig to try it out and ended up loving it. Was a pack a day smoker and went quit analogs the same day my e-cig came in. Don't have plans to quit using my e-cig but has been a great alternative. Sadly if they get banned I'll just end up back on analogs :(

I loved the ritual of smoking, so vaping is, for me, the perfect substitute. At present, I have no inclination to consider cutting down on nic strength, nor to contemplate weaning myself from e-cigs. It's a fun hobby for me. To be able to enjoy the pleasure of vaping and feel pretty confident that it's having no significant adverse affect on my health is a relief.

Now, if solid scientific evidence were to emerge indicating that vaping has some currently unknown negative health impact, I suppose I'll have to consider quitting.

On the other hand, I'm cautiously optimistic that vaping may be not only health-neutral for the most part, but may actually be good for you (remember the 1942 studies of the anti-bacterial/viral aspects of PG?). It's occurred to me that PG might, in fact, aide in the healing process of the lungs recovering from years of smoking. I have nothing substantial upon which to base that notion, but who knows... it could well prove to be the case. Now that would be outrageously cool.

In the meantime... I'll vape away and stay abreast of the latest studies. And hope for the best.

I loved the ritual of smoking, so vaping is, for me, the perfect substitute. At present, I have no inclination to consider cutting down on nic strength, nor to contemplate weaning myself from e-cigs. It's a fun hobby for me. To be able to enjoy the pleasure of vaping and feel pretty confident that it's having no significant adverse affect on my health is a relief.

Now, if solid scientific evidence were to emerge indicating that vaping has some currently unknown negative health impact, I suppose I'll have to consider quitting.

On the other hand, I'm cautiously optimistic that vaping may be not only health-neutral for the most part, but may actually be good for you (remember the 1942 studies of the anti-bacterial/viral aspects of PG?). It's occurred to me that PG might, in fact, aide in the healing process of the lungs recovering from years of smoking. I have nothing substantial upon which to base that notion, but who knows... it could well prove to be the case. Now that would be outrageously cool.

In the meantime... I'll vape away and stay abreast of the latest studies. And hope for the best.

I don't Know about lung repair but Sean and I (the only two people who vape at my house) were the only ones that did not get a nasty stomach flu going around a few weeks back

I don't Know about lung repair but Sean and I (the only two people who vape at my house) were the only ones that did not get a nasty stomach flu going around a few weeks back

Where I did get the flu, and typically after every flu or cold I get a severe case of bronchitis so bad that I have been hospitalized. This was the first time I didn't even cough.