I Just Contacted The President

I was just re-watching the "Chris and Sean Show" Episode I, wherein the duo are discussing how while everyone wants to complain about what the FDA is doing, we're all just waiting for someone else to do something.

Now, I've signed the ECA petition. And I wrote to one of my senators (the other one didn't have her website up yet 'cuz she had just been sworn in). But tonight I thought, "Why not go to the man himself?" I mean, he IS the boss of the FDA. He nominated both the Commissioner of the FDA and her boss, the Secretary of Health and Human Services.

So I thought it was time to tell the boss what his Commissioner is doing regarding e-cigs, and advocate on behalf of a better solution than an outright ban. I appealed to the fact the he himself has tried and failed to give up smoking. (This always makes me chuckle: As an attorney, I've had to stand outside some pretty impressive buildings, puffing away like some outcast in a suit and tie. I used to joke with people that I've smoked outside some of the most important buildings in the State of New York. I wonder what it feels like to have to excuse oneself from the White House to go out and smoke a butt? Wouldn't he be thinking, "Man, I'm the President. This SUCKS!")

Anyway, I encourage everyone to go to The White House. click on "Contact Us" and let the big guy know how you feel about what the FDA is up to. At the very least, it feels good to do SOMETHING.

• 1 month later...

I just sent a email to the President myself here is my letter...

Mr President

I would like to write to you today about the electronic cigarette ban issue.As a smoker for over 20 years I am now tobacco free for over 6 weeks thanks to these products.I feel better and i breath clear and free now.I am aware there may be some risk to this new product but beleive that it is safer by far to traditional tobacco products.One of the issues they bring up is they market these twords children by making flavors.It is neccesary to have some flavor and tobacco products have all had some sort of flavor.There is a few videos from doctors online that are for the technology and several forum users have showed this to their doctors and have recieved the same positive response.The kits i have bought were marketed for adult smokers already using traditional smoking products as a cleaner alternative to there bad habit.

I respectfully request that you dont support the ban but would insure product safety from manufacturers and standards.There are several new US companies making safe refills for these products that are holding themselves to high standards.They could be the model for such standards.Since the FDA report I have purchased my products from US based producers and suppliers.Many new US buisneses offering this high tech alternative will get shut down.I really think this is a health issue of hight importance saving potentially alot of health related expenses for many smokers their families and the health care system.

Sincerly,

Stephen