Success And Failure In 10 Minutes Flat

CareteamRN70

It is amazing how much your own personality can dictate outcomes. Now I love to tinker with things. I'm the guy that likes to install his own computer hardware upgrades, refuses to call a plumber when I need to fix the drain, and will try every remedy known to man for any health problems before I see a doctor.

Unfortunately I am not as skilled as I would like to be and I tend to always get a succesful outcome..only to blow it by taking it that one step further then I should. Hey I added a new graphics card to the PC....lets see if i can set it up for overclocking (result: burned out card, lets see If I can change my own oil..and while Im under the hood tinker with a few other things (result: the car runs...but I have several parts lying around now that I have no idea where they go or what they do)...Im gonna cook some chili..and while Im at it I bet I can dry and add my own ghost chilis for a little extra flavor (result: something between napalm and drano).

So it should come as no surprise I managed to watch some videos on debridging my 510 atty. I closely followed the instructions...and to my pleasure managed to debridge the atty and get a lot more vapor for my dripping endeavours...but of course I just couldnt stop there..figured I'd dewick my atty as well...not knowing that I had basicly done that when I debridged the atty the wick had pulled out with the foil and bridge..so end result after picking at what I now assume was the actual coil...dead atty. At least the learning curve I am hitting isn't that steep, really isn't that costly (VS a new car, computer, or ER visit due to the liquid death I call chili), and I have many great resources in this site to guide me. Instead of getting angry I am enjoying the mixed success I have found, and am likening vaping to a a combination of science and art...science due to the basics rules that seem to apply to vaping and the art comes in because of the mixed and variable results that can occur. So my advice to other noobs such as myself...if ya can chuckle at a couple dollars loss, experiment..its worthwhile even when you goof up.

Big J

Semper Fi

I think you should write a book about your mishaps. You have an engaging writing style.

I am sorry about the napalm/drano chili. That sucks.

But you are right, at least with the parts for an ecig, there's not much to hurt yourself or others. Just don't get boiling water all over yourself when trying to clean cartos. In fact, I'm sure she'd say, don't boil cartos at all, just use new.

Good luck on the rest of your mad scientist and art director journey through vaping!

LOL, I love it! I'm a fiddler myself. The extra car parts :wallbash: sorry just too funny. Been there done that. My poor poor Caddie. Never drove him again.

Good job on the experimenting though. Next time you will be a head of the game. :thumbsup:

lol i screwed up the first time i tried that to and pulled the coil out. But guess what else - never happened again and now I can have the sucker dwicked and debridged in less than a minute. Only recommend this for direct dripping however. If you using carts/cartos you don't want a debridged attty.

Success is failure turned inside out :thumbsup:

Edited by egoluvr

I think you should write a book about your mishaps. You have an engaging writing style.

I am sorry about the napalm/drano chili. That sucks.

But you are right, at least with the parts for an ecig, there's not much to hurt yourself or others. Just don't get boiling water all over yourself when trying to clean cartos. In fact, I'm sure she'd say, don't boil cartos at all, just use new.

Good luck on the rest of your mad scientist and art director journey through vaping!

Just don't get boiling water all over yourself when trying to clean cartos. In fact, I'm sure she'd say, don't boil cartos at all, just use new.

yup....hate having 1 good arm and hand now!!! getting good at it now I think..yes, NEVER BOIL CARTO`S...BUY NEW ONES... when you dump boiling water all over your hand and arm, it causes blisters , 2nd degree burns and shock...