Dos And Don'ts In Vaping

pipedreamer79

Well, I'm anxiously awaiting my eGo in the mail (should be here maybe tomorrow, but more than likely Saturday)... Can't wait to smoke my last analog!

So what sorts of things do I need to make sure I do or don't do when I get it? What sorts of things do noobs often do that unnecessarily break otherwise good equipment/components? Are there any good rules of thumb for cleaning/maintenance that one should generally follow?

I initially ordered a spare atty, 10 cartomizers, 30mls of juice, and an extra battery (giving me 3 altogether). I plan on ordering a bit more juice and some attys next week, but I figure the 3 attys and all the cartos I have now will hold me for a bit.

Basically, any general advice you'd want to give me to keep me from screwing something up here would be fantastic! Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum pipedreamer79. You will love it here. I think that Chris has answered many of your questions with his videos. How many puffs do you take on an analog? You will get three, four or five hits from dripping 2 or 3 drops in your atty. So if you would get 10-15 drags on an analog you would us approximately 15 drops if you do three drops at a time. That's just a guess. Three is what I use, don't know how many other people use. Someone else would have to tell you about the cartomizers. They probably know the what you have to do in order to get the same hits as you would with an analog. I have used carts, drip tips and now a tank atty. I haven't measured just how much you would vape to compare it to an analog. You will find that you will vape more than you smoked. Good luck to you on this extremely enjoyable journey. Welcome to the world of vaping.

In regards to dripping -- how many drops of juice is roughly equivalent to smoking an analog? I saw you put 3 drops on the atty, do you just drip, vape, and repeat until your craving subsides?

Well, 3 drops will probably get ya about 4-7 drags depending on how big/long they are. I basically just drip/vape/repeat till I'm satisfied. You may find that you wanna vape more than you would smoke. It's OK, don't fight it...lol

EDIT...Whoops, Cheshyl beat me to the punch. I guess that's what I get for making a sandwich before I responded...haha

Edited by Morfeeus

Way to go, the eGo is a great pv, you made a wise choice!!

tips: Twist snuggly but not tightly for any part that requires twisting for any PV, battery, carto, atty out there. If we do twist too tightly, it's not the end of the world, just a nusisance, but it's easier to avoid in the first place.

tips 2: Untwist the carto or atty any tme you're away from the vape for periods of time. (sleeping, showering etc). Batteries, buttons, switches,... etc are only human afterall, and sometimes have a mind of their own. Untwisting, assures the atomizer won't be able to fire up and get ruined.

Vape on!!