Any Way To Get The Burnt Filter Taste Out Of Atomizers?

turtle11c

Ive had my atomizer 3 days and last night the wick decided to start burning so CDATundra told me to watch a video on youtube on how to dewick atomizers but it still has that burnt filter taste.

Edited by turtle11c

Ok, next step is to boil for 15-20 minutes. Blow out and let sit outer over night. You can also choose to soak in coke or alcohol for a while.

Do you have any spare attys are cartos? Rule # 1 Back ups Back ups Back ups.

Good luck!

If you do dewick the atomizer be sure that you are no longer using cartridges. The burn taste usually come if either A. The filler his hit the heating element B. You have not added enough liquid when direct dripping. C. You where using cartridges and let the cart get to dry.

As for boiling, while it might help, usually adding a little bit of liquid and then taking 5 or 6 drags without inhaling will usually rid of the bad taste.

• 1 year later...

Like the OP, I recently dewicked one of my attys, but I did not like the resulting performance at all.

I do prefer dripping to using cartridges with my Boge Leo PT, and the debridged atty I already had worked decently UNTIL I dewicked it. Once dewicked, however, it was as if the juice I dripped into the coil cup just ran right out the bottom and provided almost no vapor at all, not to mention flooding the thread section of the sealed battery (no biggie...just a pain to clean up when I dripped). It appears, on the Leo standard attys anyway, that the wick needs to be in place to feed the coil properly and hold the juice to prevent it from running out through the bottom of the coil cup.

When comparing an unmodified Leo standard atty (bridged and wicked), a debridged-only atty, and a debridged/dewicked atty, the winner hands down was the unmodified atty. It's like it needs the bridge to release the juice into the steel mesh filler surrounding the coil cup, and then the wick to feed the coil from the filler.

I tried dripping as few as 3 drops per session all the way up to 6 drops per session, closely watching that I didn't flood the coil cup, but In no scenario did the previously mentioned outcome differ at all...unmodified took the prize again and again.

If cleaning in alcohol or denture tabs doesn't freshen it up ,I would get a new one.Blowing them out is usefull for drippers as eventually liquid gets between the pot with the element and the battery connector and will leak or short it out and cause a loss in available current.