Charging Question For The Dragon M401

reptilian

So, I got my Dragon today and it says you are supposed to charge 8 hours the first time. Can anyone tell me why that is, and what happens if you don't do that? I started charging my first batt and the light started changing back and forth after about 30 minutes.

Not exactly sure why you need to charge the battery for 8 hours the first time, but like most rechargeable batteries I'm assuming it's for breaking in the battery and helps the battery last it's full lifespan. The batteries already come with a charge though, just not sure if it's a full charge or not. I read in a thread somewhere JD from truesmoker.com was telling people it was ok to just start using one of the batteries while the other one charges so you can enjoy using the dragon right away. I don't think he said how that would affect the battery, but did say he would still guarantee warranty if anything happened.

I couldn't wait, so I did just that when I got my dragon. Used one right away while the other charged. I didn't pay attention to when the light changed on the charger, but it does start to alternate between red and green. Not sure what that means, just assuming it's charged already especially if it's been a few hours. For battery break-in though, you're supposed to leave it charging for the full 8 hours, even if the light turns green. Both batteries seem to be working fine so far, but I've only had it for a week. Hope that helps.

You know suppliers have been saying this for a long time. I used to do the whole 8 hour thing, however I have enough ecigs here to open a franchise, most of which where not charged for the initial 8 hours, they all work fine.

Don't worry about using it before the 8 hour charge :)

You know suppliers have been saying this for a long time. I used to do the whole 8 hour thing, however I have enough ecigs here to open a franchise, most of which where not charged for the initial 8 hours, they all work fine.

Don't worry about using it before the 8 hour charge :)

Awesome, good to know! Thanks for the input.

Can you explain more? Does it just flicker? Or does it actually turn green for a little while then red for a little while.

If this happens I would just take the battery out of the charger, I know that every so often my chargers will blink both colors for just a second. Happens all the time, I have about 8 chargers in a row on my desk, all of them do it.

Can you explain more? Does it just flicker? Or does it actually turn green for a little while then red for a little while.

If this happens I would just take the battery out of the charger, I know that every so often my chargers will blink both colors for just a second. Happens all the time, I have about 8 chargers in a row on my desk, all of them do it.

If his is doing the same thing mine is, then it's green for a little while then red for a little while. I read a few other people's dragon chargers do the same thing too so I'm sure it's normal. The batteries seem to be fully charged anyway since they last a few hours.

Right now I'm looking at it change back and forth it's mostly green and it flashes red for a second most of the time. Every once in a while it stays on for 2-3 seconds. The green light stays on from anywhere between 3-10 seconds. I'm sure it's nothing, since it sounds very common. I effin love this thing though!

I've left mine charging over night and the results were the same. Flashing back and forth between the green and red. Regardless, I have gotten up to seven hours out of one battery. Holy smoke!! Seven hours!! Yes. I tend to take a few puffs (we'll say four good ones. We'll also say cheesburger. Just for the heck of it) then put it down/away for a while. I don't tend to vape the way I used to smoke, unless I'm drinking. Then I get the crazy idea that it would be good to drip instead of using a cart. And so I spill liquid all over myself, drip it on the floor, and make a complete fool of myself whilst convincing my friends that I'm some sort of crack ***** trying to get a fix. To remedy that I have begun to pre-fill all of my carts at night (have a total of ten) so I have plenty to last me throughout the day.

I've left mine charging over night and the results were the same. Flashing back and forth between the green and red. Regardless, I have gotten up to seven hours out of one battery. Holy smoke!! Seven hours!! Yes. I tend to take a few puffs (we'll say four good ones. We'll also say cheesburger. Just for the heck of it) then put it down/away for a while. I don't tend to vape the way I used to smoke, unless I'm drinking. Then I get the crazy idea that it would be good to drip instead of using a cart. And so I spill liquid all over myself, drip it on the floor, and make a complete fool of myself whilst convincing my friends that I'm some sort of crack ***** trying to get a fix. To remedy that I have begun to pre-fill all of my carts at night (have a total of ten) so I have plenty to last me throughout the day.

hahaha...you always say random stuff in your posts, it cracks me up. You sure that's e-liquid you're vaping? lol