Ego Cart Mod

egoluvr

IF this has been covered previously, I honestly did not know about it. So I apologzie if it's a duplication in any way.

OK so I like to drip because I get tired of fooling with messy carts and refilling etc. But I also get tired of dripping because i'm a frequent flooder and that can be messy and time consuming also so I often switch back and forth on methods. I've ordered some cartos to give a try but in the mean time I had a sort of discovery!

Last night I was online and kinda of biting on my mouthpiece not hard but kind of gently and turning it around in my mouth, well i discovered that the regular eGo cartridges have a little plastic cap on the end and it popped out in my mouth. I've suspected this before and have tried sticking a paperclip etc in the hole and taking it out but that never worked but if you use your teeth and kinda bite down a bit on either side it will pop out you can use the mouthpiece without this but keep handy so when your done you can pop it in to keep the cart from drying out. It's kind of a false bottom - anywho theres just another bottom with a little hole in the center underneath, I have some filler in my cartridge that I soaked and put in, and when it starts to loose a little flavor I just put a drop or two on that second bottom, wrap my lips around the end and gently blow and it forces the liquid down into the filling. I can vape with that piece popped out too as long as your kind of gentle, it keeps you from getting a mouthful of hot fluid from direct dripping, but for refills you can drip, blow, repeat until you've resaturated your filling.

I think i'ts super cool! WOrks great for me.

IF this has been covered previously, I honestly did not know about it. So I apologzie if it's a duplication in any way.

OK so I like to drip because I get tired of fooling with messy carts and refilling etc. But I also get tired of dripping because i'm a frequent flooder and that can be messy and time consuming also so I often switch back and forth on methods. I've ordered some cartos to give a try but in the mean time I had a sort of discovery!

Last night I was online and kinda of biting on my mouthpiece not hard but kind of gently and turning it around in my mouth, well i discovered that the regular eGo cartridges have a little plastic cap on the end and it popped out in my mouth. I've suspected this before and have tried sticking a paperclip etc in the hole and taking it out but that never worked but if you use your teeth and kinda bite down a bit on either side it will pop out you can use the mouthpiece without this but keep handy so when your done you can pop it in to keep the cart from drying out. It's kind of a false bottom - anywho theres just another bottom with a little hole in the center underneath, I have some filler in my cartridge that I soaked and put in, and when it starts to loose a little flavor I just put a drop or two on that second bottom, wrap my lips around the end and gently blow and it forces the liquid down into the filling. I can vape with that piece popped out too as long as your kind of gentle, it keeps you from getting a mouthful of hot fluid from direct dripping, but for refills you can drip, blow, repeat until you've resaturated your filling.

I think i'ts super cool! WOrks great for me.

Wow, cool! I don't know if it has been covered before, but I haven't seen it. Of course, that doesn't mean too much! LOL

I wonder if you can use a drip tip and that way you can drip more juice and you don't have to worry about the juice getting in your mouth. :question:

Is this a regular 510 cart, or one of the special eGo carts? On a regular 510 cart, there's no access to the filler from the top end. The cap pops off, and the second bottom with the other hole will also come out if you use a paper clip. Then you will see the air vents down the sides, and the part in the center is what holds the filler/juice. The part that hold the filler is not accessible from the top unless you knock a hole through it. It sounds to me like you're blowing juice through the air vents directly into the attomizer.

:withstupid: Ha ha ha, well Brian, you would be correct :unworthy: I"m still a newb so you gotta overlook some crap- But I just used my pointy tweezers and your right, I pulled out that second bottom and low and be hold yet another bottom but narrower and no hole in the center. SO apparently I am forcing liquid through the air vents. HOwever, I still love it this way, I can vape for half hour 45 minutes straight without having to drip anything in it, of course I did fill the cart up when I first began this, I just pulled it out and the bottom of it is completely dry, just a little liequid up on top. But, like i said any excess that's getting the addy it seems is being soaked up by the top of the filling so I haven't flooded the atty all day and the juice is still getting used up. However it's working it's working. THank you so much for clarifying this whole thing becuase I really believed it was resaturating the filling lol.

When I was directly dripping on the atty,it seemed alot of fulid was getting wasted, I don't know if this slows it down getting to the atty or what but like I said it's just working for me :thumbsup:

It's all about what works for you. :) I know when I used carts I got juiced a lot, so I can't imagine adding juice in the top part. Also, blowing into it can blow juice out the bottom of the atty (done that once or twice). LOL!

Is this a regular 510 cart, or one of the special eGo carts? On a regular 510 cart, there's no access to the filler from the top end. The cap pops off, and the second bottom with the other hole will also come out if you use a paper clip. Then you will see the air vents down the sides, and the part in the center is what holds the filler/juice. The part that hold the filler is not accessible from the top unless you knock a hole through it. It sounds to me like you're blowing juice through the air vents directly into the attomizer.

Yup, you can drip into it but the liquid is basically running around the cart w/filler, through the air holes to the bridge.

510_cartridge.jpg

Still works. One 'reviewer' made a video touting his home-made drip tip, which was exactly how you did it.

LOL well I guess we all start somewhere, so much for my first MOD lol I really did appreciate the picture anyways. Wish I had seen that before I posted :P

Using cartos now and really liking them so no more cart mods for me haha

Before I learned the condom method of filling cartos, I would gently drop some drops into the carto from the threaded end and then lightly blow into that end to push the juice into the filler or so I thought. I would still often get a mouthful of juice when inhaling. I now do something close to dripping, by modding a carto and then squeezing a bottle to add more juice when it starts to run dry. So far it works, but I want a MAP tank! I am still using 510 batteries but went to the mega ones, which are higher ohm and last a couple of hours longer depending on how much I am vaping. I still like the look of a cigarette, especially if I am out and about, I don't have to explain quite as much as if I were say using an Ego.

Before I learned the condom method of filling cartos, I would gently drop some drops into the carto from the threaded end and then lightly blow into that end to push the juice into the filler or so I thought. I would still often get a mouthful of juice when inhaling. I now do something close to dripping, by modding a carto and then squeezing a bottle to add more juice when it starts to run dry. So far it works, but I want a MAP tank! I am still using 510 batteries but went to the mega ones, which are higher ohm and last a couple of hours longer depending on how much I am vaping. I still like the look of a cigarette, especially if I am out and about, I don't have to explain quite as much as if I were say using an Ego.

What's a Map Tank is that the same as an eGO tank? I'm going to have to look that up seen a lot of posts on that lately... :coffee:

What's a Map Tank is that the same as an eGO tank? I'm going to have to look that up seen a lot of posts on that lately... :coffee:

Nope not the same... The MAP tank is named after it's creator, Most Angry Pirate. I still want one, but they fly out the door sooner than they come in. So, mebbe I can get onto his personal waiting list if he has one.