Why Do I Have To Push A Button To Get A Hit? I Wouldn't Do That On A Regular Cigarette...

Dartkitten

ah, but this isn't a regular cigarette. Think of the button as the on switch that supplies battery power to the atomizer - what makes the vapor. Otherwise it would all go up in vapor at once, like a cigarette will burn down to nothing even without anyone puffing on it.

The button is safer than the auto switch, which can be falsely activated easier I believe. You'll get used to it. You may not get used to having dead batteries so I'd suggest looking into something that is a bit more robust. Check out the ego, volcanoecig or riva for something that you can go all day with on a battery (1000mah battery comes with the volcano inferno, tank, etc).

It's typical to get sucked into the normal thought pattern of "this is what I need", but few initially realize that they will be more happy with long battery life and performance over a cigarette looking device that has pre-filled cartridges and poor battery life. There are a lot of ego owners in this forum and you won't find many gripes about the product.

That's my two cents. For what it's worth.

Originally e cigarettes where actually automatic. But the liquid would enter the battery and break the sensor. You can still buy auto e cigarette but they don't tend to last long. You'll have to replace the batteries quite often.

The manual button is a pretty small inconvenience in the scheme of quite a revolutionary product. (no pun intended)

I thought the same exact thing when I started vaping. I bought ONLY auto batteries because I HATED having to press a button. Fortunately I happened to buy from smoketip.com which is a KR808D-1 device. I don't know what the revolution is, if they are compatible. They have the regular battery, which doesn't last very long,but is the exact size of a 100 cig with the carto on it, and now they have the long which is like 250-280mah, can't remember. But they have a lifetime warranty on their batteries. So far I have only had one go bad....you send it to them, they send you a new one,....You have it in like 5 days from when you send it to them. It has their logo at the top of it so they know it is theirs, don't need any receipts or anything. When I first started I loved it, because it was the most like smoking. However, auto batteries do tend to malfunction....but since they have the lifetime warranty who cares. They cost a little more initially, but again, since you get a replacement whenever you need it, it is a VERY small price to pay. Personally, I don't regret that purchase at all, my husband still uses those batteries along with others...no button pushing and if they break, no big deal.

I agree that the manual button (510 PT) is much nicer than the auto batteries on my Blu...it was always going off....and then I'd have no vapor cuz I had no power. I had to go with 6 total batteries, always switching them out, and right before I got the PT, I was only getting 20 mins per battery. I even did the "lift up the battery" trick to see if that would help...NOT! I will never go back to Blu! :thumbsup:

Automatic batteries have four disadvantages:

1) They have holes in them, so if you're filling up your own carts etc and your e-liquid gets into your battery it will kill it. Manual batteries don't have this problem.

2) Some automatic batteries go off even when you're not smoking them. This sucks. They don't all have that problem.

3) Some automatic batteries do not go off when you ARE smoking them, at least not at first. They require a primer drag. At the very least all automatic batteries will require you to pull with a certain amount of force.

4) Many automatic batteries have a cut-off time of around five seconds. This can be a pain in the butt if you want to take a longer drag, and it just shuts off.

I am sure there exists an automatic battery without ANY of the last three problems (a 7 second cutoff should be fine). In the end getting an automatic battery will not kill you. However, any seasoned vaping veteran will recommend the manual battery, because in the end they are actually better.