The Vp1...monster

Well so far I'm not liking the atomizer that came with it, but I received two so I'm going to pop the other one on. Sometimes it gives HUGE amounts of vapor, other times it's just ok. Again though I don't think it's the unit itself but rather the atomizer. I just popped on an RN model atty and it seems to be working much better. I'll keep you posted.

Overall I REALLY like this model, it's well built, the battery seems to last quite a while. I vaped most of last night with it and didn't charge until about 5 minutes ago. I wasn't vaping constantly but still often, my Penstyle would have been dead by the end of the night.

I would love to get the video review done today...but that depends on Sean. As freakin always.

Alright so I have the RN atomizer on and a fresh battery, I almost choked on this damn thing laugh.gif MAN I love this unit!

It makes the 510 looks like a PeeWee. I've dubbed it the Light Saber biggrin.gif

So are you saying it is all about the battery? Please compare to the standard 801 if you could. Thanks

Yea I really do think it's all about the battery, that and the fact it's manual I suppose.

I don't know what voltage the Penstyle normally is (Royce maybe you can step in here) But I do know that the VP1 is 3.7 volts. You don't notice a difference when you first start using it but after about oh I dunno 20 minutes or so (or use a broken in atomizer) it really starts to kick. I mean you can just puff and puff on it. Power is great and no cut off time. I'd say we're talking twice the vapor of a Penstyle or a 510 IMO.

Some of you may thinking well what about the Janty KISSBOX or the Penstyle Manual Switch, well I have both. The manual Penstyle battery doesn't touch the VP1...

From my understanding all e-cig batterys are 3.7 volts I do know my pen was 3.7 and dont know if all lithium batterys are 3.7 but all my R/C car batterys are 2 cell lithum batterys runing 7.4 volts so each cell are 3.7 but my usb passthroughs are running 4.5 to 5.0 volts and they are vapor monsters.

Hmm that's weird, I wonder what the major diff is then? Maybe it's purely because of the manual switch.

Jeso I'm sure your watching this post, so if you would like to chime in on this... :)

Also we just got done with the video review of the VP1, I'll try to edit it and upload it tonight.

Hmm that's weird, I wonder what the major diff is then? Maybe it's purely because of the manual switch.

Jeso I'm sure your watching this post, so if you would like to chime in on this... :)

Also we just got done with the video review of the VP1, I'll try to edit it and upload it tonight.

OK, I will try!

A USB passthru will always outperform a battery it has a endless power source via your computer that is plug into the wall! so your computers power supply will supply

5vdc with 150ma (not sure) to your USB bus. If youy have too many devices on your USB outlets it can impact your passthru.

Batteries are just storage devices of energy, the voltage is needed to create a potential difference between 2 points (+) (-)

3.7 works great for E cigs because they are just heaters.

Current or ma is your real power. To help explain: a 12v car battery are categorized by cold cranking Amps, if you took a motorcycle 12v battery and put in

a ford F250 truck, it would have a tough time starting, right. This is because the voltage even at 12volts couldn't flow enough current that was being demanding to start the truck.

It is the same for e cigarettes, the batteries in the common models are not very good. They are exposed battery cells wrapped in foil under the tubing. So there chemical energy eventually

becomes less after time. With manufactured AAA, AA, RC123 etc... They are sealed except for a vent hole needed for expansion and contraction during use.

What we all need is the flux capacitor that was used in the back to the future movie, anybody got one!!!!

Jeso

So my question is, if the normal ecig uses 3.7 and YOUR unit uses 3.7 volts why does it seem to work so much better? Perhaps just better quality?

Yeah its like the difference between an american made zippo and a cheep chinise pos rip off sure ittl work ok for a while then break, same thing a unsealed pos battery vs a well maufactued sealed battery the one of higher quality will always work better

p.s. all "stock" eciggs run ~3.2-3.7 volts

E cig Battery Voltage:

The voltage need for a e cig to work is important but only half the story. The ma rating of the battery is

just as important. The VP1 uses the e cigar AAA 3.7v battery. The e cigars atomizer is a higher rated (bigger) atomizer.

Just like the pen style heater is bigger than the 901. Now a manufactured AAA sealed battery is not only more ma (360ma)

vs 130-180ma, but of better quality (chemicals, construction, materials, etc). So it stores power better.

So when a heater is powered by a quality battery

it's reservoir of power (ma) is there and the voltage stays at 3.7v.

when a heater is powered by a sub standard battery

it's reservoir of power (ma) is there for a shorter period of time and the voltage will drop to

less than 2v, this is load voltage.

USB pass thru's work great because of the unlimited power (ma) from the computers power supply

but we are all plugged in too much as it is!

I hope this helped

Jeso

I placed my pre-order for the VP1-901 and I am quite excited bout ma nu toy!!

Was cruising another forum and saw lot's o' chat about life expentancy of Janty Stick batts which in essence are the same as VP1 batts. Hmmm, hope VP1 doesn't have the same issues. Seems the thread talks about the batts going to hell after about 1-2 weeks of recharging basicaly not holding a charge for very long. Most seem to think it is the crap blue batteries.

My question to all out there is: Where to purchase a quality 3.7v LC-10440 battery??

I have seen some 3.6v 500ma but I am no techie so I don't know if this would work?

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

@ Jeso, thanks bud makes more sense now :)

@ Vacker, you know I don't know why people are having issue with the Janty Stick Battery. We have 3 Janty sticks and they all work great, in fact Sean has the pre production unit and that thing is still vaping like a champ. No battery issues at all. As for the AAA battery just do a search on Google for online battery stores, I'm sure there is some place online that will ship it out. If not perhaps a camera store would have it? (Actually for that matter Radio Shack would probably have it)

By the way the video review is out: http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/index.php?/topic/1068-review-of-the-vp1-electronic-cigarette/page__pid__6238__st__0&#entry6238

@ Jeso, thanks bud makes more sense now smile.gif

@ Vacker, you know I don't know why people are having issue with the Janty Stick Battery. We have 3 Janty sticks and they all work great, in fact Sean has the pre production unit and that thing is still vaping like a champ. No battery issues at all. As for the AAA battery just do a search on Google for online battery stores, I'm sure there is some place online that will ship it out. If not perhaps a camera store would have it? (Actually for that matter Radio Shack would probably have it)

By the way the video review is out: http://www.vaportalk...t__0&#entry6238

Just saw the video -- Looks Fabulous!! As always I always appreciate your honest opinions.

I did check online but most are 3.6v 500ma and I don't want to blow that baby up!! What is 500ma - haha?

Okay so you and Sean are barely on speaking terms and now it has come to this -- separate vacations!! Wow!! can't we all just get along!! rolleyes.gif

Both of you enjoy your time away!! cool.gif I hope Ashley can work the video cuz I want pics of Chris vaping as the catch of the day at the Gigling Marlin!! cool.gif

Well I figured out why, that battery comes from China. Says right on there, I called a contact in China and those batteries are made close by to them. It's funny if you search that battery on Google the first 2 websites are vaprlife and another is an international trading site.

Just saw the video -- Looks Fabulous!! As always I always appreciate your honest opinions.

I did check online but most are 3.6v 500ma and I don't want to blow that baby up!! What is 500ma - haha?

Okay so you and Sean are barely on speaking terms and now it has come to this -- separate vacations!! Wow!! can't we all just get along!! rolleyes.gif

Both of you enjoy your time away!! cool.gif I hope Ashley can work the video cuz I want pics of Chris vaping as the catch of the day at the Gigling Marlin!! cool.gif

the way it was explained to me was.....think of volts as the power, miliamps as the storage. a 500ma battery will stay charged longer than a 300ma battery.

Z

• 2 weeks later...

I had a number of questions of the difference between a VP1 and VP2

Other than size, which is dictated by the battery, they are the same.

Here is a answer to an email I received recently and he had some good questions:

Using the same liquid, you can get more vapors by 2 things, increasing the voltage or type of atomizer/heater.

A 801 atomizer will put out more vapor than an 901 because of the heating elements surface area, plus

heat buildup is better on the 801 than the 901 or 510. The 901 and 510 are smaller so there casings heat

up so fast which increases resistance and less power to the heater, and then you get lease vapor production.

There are PV's that run at 5, 6, and 7 volts. The only problem there is they run too hot because the atomizers

were not designed for that voltage. Running at 6 volts draw more current. These rechargeable batteries actually

run at4.2 volts so both give the same amount of vapors. The only difference technically is that the endurance of the batteries.

The VP1 has360mah (milli amp Hours) meaning if you press the button and don't letup, it will supply 360 ma per hour.

Now the 801 atomizer is roughly 3ohms, after tests the atomizers draw 1.4 amps when in use. So 1.4 x 3 =4.2 volts.

A 360 mah battery can supply a device for 1 hour with a360ma draw. With a draw of 1400ma draw on these atomizers

you get:360/1400 = 0.26 hours of life for that charge. Its the same on theVP2, it has a mah rating of 900mah.

So 900ma/1400 = 0.64 hours of life.

So to summarize:

VP1 with button on will last ( 60 min x .26) = 15.6 minutes or 936 seconds

VP2 with button on will last ( 60 min x .64) = 38.4 minutes or 2304 seconds

Of course you only press the button when you want a hit, right. If a hit is equal to 5 seconds to keep it simple.

VP1 (360mah) will give (936 sec/ 5 sec hits) = 187 hits, before changing battery

VP2 (900mah) will give (2304 sec/ 5 sec hits) = 460 hits, before changing battery

A standard pen style e cig with 180 mah gives 180/1400 = 0.128 x 60 min = 7.68 min or 460 sec or 92 hits.

I know this was long, but there has been a lot of confusion on batteries.

I hope this helps with understanding batteries and their use with electronic cigarettes

Best Regards

Jeso

I had a number of questions of the difference between a VP1 and VP2

Other than size, which is dictated by the battery, they are the same.

Here is a answer to an email I received recently and he had some good questions:

Using the same liquid, you can get more vapors by 2 things, increasing the voltage or type of atomizer/heater.

A 801 atomizer will put out more vapor than an 901 because of the heating elements surface area, plus

heat buildup is better on the 801 than the 901 or 510. The 901 and 510 are smaller so there casings heat

up so fast which increases resistance and less power to the heater, and then you get lease vapor production.

There are PV's that run at 5, 6, and 7 volts. The only problem there is they run too hot because the atomizers

were not designed for that voltage. Running at 6 volts draw more current. These rechargeable batteries actually

run at4.2 volts so both give the same amount of vapors. The only difference technically is that the endurance of the batteries.

The VP1 has360mah (milli amp Hours) meaning if you press the button and don't letup, it will supply 360 ma per hour.

Now the 801 atomizer is roughly 3ohms, after tests the atomizers draw 1.4 amps when in use. So 1.4 x 3 =4.2 volts.

A 360 mah battery can supply a device for 1 hour with a360ma draw. With a draw of 1400ma draw on these atomizers

you get:360/1400 = 0.26 hours of life for that charge. Its the same on theVP2, it has a mah rating of 900mah.

So 900ma/1400 = 0.64 hours of life.

So to summarize:

VP1 with button on will last ( 60 min x .26) = 15.6 minutes or 936 seconds

VP2 with button on will last ( 60 min x .64) = 38.4 minutes or 2304 seconds

Of course you only press the button when you want a hit, right. If a hit is equal to 5 seconds to keep it simple.

VP1 (360mah) will give (936 sec/ 5 sec hits) = 187 hits, before changing battery

VP2 (900mah) will give (2304 sec/ 5 sec hits) = 460 hits, before changing battery

A standard pen style e cig with 180 mah gives 180/1400 = 0.128 x 60 min = 7.68 min or 460 sec or 92 hits.

I know this was long, but there has been a lot of confusion on batteries.

I hope this helps with understanding batteries and their use with electronic cigarettes

Best Regards

Jeso

Very good post,

Thank You!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

VP1's will now be shipped with protected batteries

because of the slight increase in length to the batteries, a new

body was designed. There will be updated photos next week.

Thanks to everyone for there kind words and support.

Jeso

• 2 weeks later...