Vg Vs Pg

Erika

I was looking at liquid again. I cannot taste anything i have unless i overfill the carto and get juiced. Yuck! I thought about ordering a few double shot mixes from vapor renu but i don't know whether to get vg, pg or a mix. What do you all prefer and why? I also considered mixing my own. Is that actually cheaper or more expensive?

Erika

Mixing your own can be less expensive after the initial investment ,but you might end up dumping some down the drain until you get your chops together.What brands have you tried so far?Vapor Talk and Janty have some really tasty versions .I don't think the VG vs PG would affect the flavor just vapor production.

Edited by mcquinn

From what I understand VG will give you more vapor, but will cut down on the taste of the juice. If you are using cart/carto/tank, you don't want a high VG because it is too thick. I have ordered from Vapor Renu and I went with their suggested blend of VG/PG and I got an extra shot of flavor (just because my belief system thinks that if one is good, two is even better. LOL). My experience with Vapor Renu is to make sure you shake up the bottle really, really good before use. You can't beat their price on juice and the fact that you have lots of options. As of today, my favorite juices have come from VT Store, Avejuice, and Mad vapors.

I want to start mixing my own juice, but I went crazy buying all kinds of stuff. when I first started vaping, before I spent some time doing research. I don't want a repeat performance, so I am going to wait a little while and learn as much as I can. So far I found out that I can get some really good flavoring and VG from my local cake making supply store. I have already purchased a large bottle of liquid nic and I have used the juice calculator (I sent that to you the other day) to mix some zero juices I bought previously.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

Sharon, have you used any of the flavorings and VG from the local stores yet?

Not yet, I still need to get the pg. In the big town of Shrewsbury, PA the local pharmacies do not carry pg. I'm going to have to make a trip to York, PA. One of the down falls of living in a small, very small town. LOL

In my VERY limited experience, PG juices tend to have more throat hit, while total VG juices tend to be smoother and produce more vapor. (They are also thicker, and can gunk up your atomizers.) This is also not always true, and depend on the flavor and manufacturer. Taste in juice is so subjective, that I find it hard to make any recommendations without saying it's just good.... Vape it... And if you don't like it... Send me your leftovers. Best in my opinion to find a supplier or two who you know are reputable and then try different flavors till you come across several you enjoy.

I have some VG the house for mixing, and am waiting on some nic and will soon try my hand at DIY liquid. But I don't know how that little science experiment will turn out.

All that said, I like Dekang juices (don't hate... they are really good and cheap) and eliquidplant as well as Alien Vision.