Doing Graduate Work On E-Cig Bans

Nanna

I am working on my Masters degree in nursing - ultimate goal, to be a nurse practitioner - after 20 years an an RN. In my Policies in Healthcare class, we are asked to choose a health policy issue on which we feel passionate, review the legislature in place or proposed, and discuss it as it relates to overall health policy. In other words, how does this regulation apply to a health problem.

Guess which topic I am taking on?

Yessssss - the proposed ban on e-cigarettes.

Even my own priomary care provider (also a nurse practitioner) is a big proponent of e-cigs after seeing ME quit smoking after she tried to help me quit countless different ways. In fact, she, as a former smoker, wants one to vape 0 nic juices because "she really misses it".

So - wish me luck. I'm hoping that out of this project I gain information I can share with everyone about how to effectively influence policy. This is still a democracy, damn it!

((Nanna)) That's great! Please keep us informed on how it goes. We need people like you, maybe you will be the one LOL to get the tide changing. Good luck as well on your degree! You will do GREAT! :animier: Were here for you!

Nanna, especially given that we already know the health effects of smoking, side effects of traditional NRTs, and that nicotine actually does have some positive effects medically. That is an awesome topic for your class, and maybe it will open some eyes and change some misconceptions :thumbsup:

Nanna, thats a great idea. This way you can help yourself and fellow vapors. Your a smart cookie.

How is your hubby doing in the vaping department and your new job. Take care!