Need Juice Recommendations

Nanna

OK, chickens. I know that juice tastes are subjective, but so far I have bought four flavors (I know - not enough to test, really) and of the four, there is only one of them that I really really like and could vape all day if I weren't so concerned about running out. That ine is Atomic Cinnacide from Tasty Vapors. The others I have tried (Bananas Foster and Cherry Cola) just taste kind of like nothing, and I'm wondering if it's because my taste buds are still dead? And it will improve? I also bought some German Chocolate Cake but that's kind of bitter to me.

I am wondering if the cinnamon one is one I like because the cinnamon is a stronger flavor so I can taste it better? I was thinking, if that's the case, that I should try other stronger flavors like lemon or lime? I did order some sample packs from Vaperite after people in the chat gave them such high reviews. (And MAN, I wish delivery to rural Iowa was faster!)

So my question is - is there anyone else out there with formerly dead taste buds who have hit on something yummy in the early stages? Are there people out there who had trouble tasting the more subtle flavors at first? I know - I COULD just stick with one flavor that I know I like, but c'mon - where's the fun in that?

i am having a tasting issue here as well, which is why i ordered some recommended flavors from vapor renu with double flavoring, they have not arrived yet so i really cant tell you yet how that worked out, but you might want to check them out since you can double or triple the flavor, and from what i have read vapor talks sweet dawn seems to be a favorite with many

Nanna consider yourself lucky that you found a juice that you love so fast. I have tried 60 or more flavors and haven't found that WOW juice yet. But for now I am vaping Backwoods Brew " Casablanca " this juice is really good. For the juices you have you would see around the forums that people say to steep your juice for a week or more because some juices get a lot better. I have had some juices that taste really nasty when I first tried them but after waiting a couple of weeks it was totally different, I liked it. So let the ones you have sit for awhile and try them again in a week. I had the same issues with the juices I bought and I to thought it was my taste buds but as you will find out all juices are different from all vendors so keep trying sample juices. So in that way it doesn't break the bank and you get to try a lot more. If I where you buy a lot more of the juice you love because we all know that it's not a good thing to run out. Try out Dulce from vapor Talk store it's a good vape but for me it's good but for you it might taste bad. Also juices change flavor with different voltages, some juices are bad at 3.7v but at 5v it's good. Good Luck :thumbsup:

Well, Brian, I doubt Nanna wants to hear from me on this subject. But...here goes...

I couldn't taste any of the juices for the first 3 months. None. At all. Then I found Tasty Vapor and got the Atomic Fireball (which has apparently changed it's name to Atomic Cinnacide since then). I could taste that one!! And man did I love it!! I'd been on the forum, hearing all about all these wonderful tastes and I couldn't taste any of them, so it was great to finally taste something. It was so good that I ordered again and got enough to last me for 6 months. Later, I tried a few other flavors from Tasty Vapor and although I could taste them, they weren't as "flavorful" to me. I tried one that was a lemonade something or other that just seemed to have a chemical taste to me. I tried orange and cherry. Both were just okay to me. Although I was nervous about it, I did try the black licorice and I loved that one. I can't vape it much, but every once in awhile I do and it's always good. I have wondered if it's not just because both of those are such strong flavors.

I kept buying juices, trying from everywhere I could find, but I still couldn't taste any of them. Really. It wasn't that they were bad, I just couldn't taste anything. I was told that my taste buds would come back to life (that they were in bad shape because I had smoked for 34 years), but that really never happened for me. From what I've been able to tell, it does happen for everyone else, but not for me - for the most part. I have been able to barely taste a few, but it's so very light that it's pretty much nothing and after using them for a few days, I can't taste them at all.

After I'd been vaping 5 or 6 months, a friend mixed up some homemade juice and sent it to me. One of those was the Mr. Bean (flavoring) from Liquidxpress. I could taste them!! And they were good!! That got me into doing some of my own mixing. I bought some Lorann's flavorings (which is what they mostly use in the Tasty Vapor juices) and could finally taste it all. I don't care for some of the flavors, but at least I can taste them. I added the flavorings to all those other juices I'd ordered to "up" the flavor of them and was at least able to use up all the liquid I'd bought and couldn't taste - so it didn't go to waste. There are several people on this forum who can't stand the Lorann's flavors, but I've tried all the other flavorings, too, and I still can't taste them. We aren't supposed to discuss mixing except in the DIY forum, so I won't say any more about that here.

I've been vaping for 17 months now and I'm still at about the same place with tastes as I was when I started. I ordered a couple more juices just last week and although I do get a hint of some flavor, it's not enough to say what that flavor is. There just isn't much there. I've realized that I will probably never be able to taste the pre-made juices and I'm okay with that. I still love vaping and I'm happy with the flavors I can taste, so I just stick with them. I've got two flavors I use all the time (Atomic Cinnacide being my main vape - along with a coffe) and one I use every now and then. It's good enough for me.

I don't know of anyone else who has gone so long without really being able to taste liquids. A couple of people here do need stronger flavors though. I'm probably the only one who has had such a hard time tasting - after so long anyway. Your taste buds will probably perk up one of these days, like everyone else, so don't let my story scare you. As I said, I seem to be the only one with this problem.

Nana, thank you! This is really good information!! I did just trade for some more Cinnacide so at least I can get rid of some of the stuff that I can taste but don't like as well, and have some more of my "main vape" on hand.

Actually, it's even kind of funny to think about - when I smoked analogs, I never even questioned the taste, or variety. I smoked what I smoked, which I certainly didn't do for the taste! :thumbsdown:

I also just ordered some juice from Vaper Renu - double shot for flavor - but I will check out your other suggestions about DIY.

Thank you!

Nana, thank you! This is really good information!! I did just trade for some more Cinnacide so at least I can get rid of some of the stuff that I can taste but don't like as well, and have some more of my "main vape" on hand.

Actually, it's even kind of funny to think about - when I smoked analogs, I never even questioned the taste, or variety. I smoked what I smoked, which I certainly didn't do for the taste! :thumbsdown:

I also just ordered some juice from Vaper Renu - double shot for flavor - but I will check out your other suggestions about DIY.

Thank you!

You're welcome! Glad I didn't scare you off. LOL

I know what you mean - I never smoked for the taste. I tended to smoke the cheapest cigarettes I could find. I can't tell you that I could really taste them at all. Maybe I did, but I sure don't remember. Once I started vaping and hearing everyone else talk about this taste or that taste, I just wanted to be able to taste them, too. It didn't bother me very much when I couldn't because vaping still "felt" like smoking and "looked" like smoking, so the taste wasn't a big deal. I suppose that's why I'm content with the few flavors I like and can taste. And even at that, I still have to try once in awhile. I've been tempted to try Vaper Renu and get the double shot flavors just to see if I can taste them. It never hurts to try and like I said, I can mix them with something else to get the flavor, so they aren't wasted.

Good luck and keep vaping!!!

I have only one of 6 i can tast and it is red cola. If i use it for more than about 30 minutes though i can't taste it at all. They all pretty much taste the same to me. I am going to order some of the double flavor next.

Erika

If you like Cinnacide you will probably like Geoff's blend from tasty Vapor. Even has some Atomic Cinnacide in it. As for other flavors try to stick with vendors that have sample packs. That'll keep your expenses to a minimum till ya find flavors you like. Once you find a vendor and want to find out what flavors people are talking about and buying from that vendor go to YouTube and type in the vendor and watch some reviews. Think about the type of foods you like and that will help you decide what ya may like. I personally am having a hard time figuring out my own palate. I'm starting to see flavors as colors. I'm leaning towards what I like to think of as "browns". Tobaccos, coffees, some cinnamons, and a few caramels. Kind of savory and sweet seems to be working for me. Every once in a while a fruit will please me but only for a little bit. Can't vape fruits all day. Hope this helps.