Steeping Juices

Jawzun

Hello All,

Wondering if someone could explain what flavor I should be noticing in a newly mixed juice, that would indicate it needs steeping.....I ask because yesterday I received 8 different juices from FreedomSmokeUSA.com and they all have a similar sweet flavor (regardless of PG, VG, or 50/50). I have minimal experience here, but haven't tasted this in any other brands (I've only ordered from Backwoods, Alien Vision, Johnson Creek, and Juicy Vapor). I'd like to think this sweet flavor is inherent with whatever base they are using and might settle down after appropriate steeping. IDK....hoping anyway. I appreciate any feedback y'all might have. Thanks!

Hello All,

Wondering if someone could explain what flavor I should be noticing in a newly mixed juice, that would indicate it needs steeping.....I ask because yesterday I received 8 different juices from FreedomSmokeUSA.com and they all have a similar sweet flavor (regardless of PG, VG, or 50/50). I have minimal experience here, but haven't tasted this in any other brands (I've only ordered from Backwoods, Alien Vision, Johnson Creek, and Juicy Vapor). I'd like to think this sweet flavor is inherent with whatever base they are using and might settle down after appropriate steeping. IDK....hoping anyway. I appreciate any feedback y'all might have. Thanks!

I like Freedomsmokeuas their customer service is awesome, that said I to received a order of juices from them this week. I have the same issue that you have the juices to me don't taste like anything, they all taste the same to me. So I did call them and told customer service the problem I am having and they said to let them steep for a week or two. I really hope thats the case after spending $50. I buy my juice from Backwoods, V4L, Blumist, Gourmetvapor, VaporTalk, Alien Vision and others. And still trying to find my all day vape. I have had juices that steep for awhile and they taste very different then the first day I tried them. So hopefully this is the case with both of us. I have my juices now with the caps off in a dark area out of light and will try them again in a week or two. But like everywhere else juices are hard to send back so thats why I buy the sample bottles. For now the juice I like the most is from Backwood's but that doesn't stop me from still looking for that WOW factor juice from other vendors. Good luck and let us know how it works out for you. :thumbup:

I wish if someones liquid required some special treatment they would mention it on the site.I have got some liquids recently that have had great reveiws and boy was I disappointed when I got them.Like you said they all tatsed the same and not like what I expected.

Glad to hear that you contacted FreedomSmoke Prouddad. I had considered doing the same in few days if things didn't improve. The flavor I'm getting is somewhat pleasant, but its there and its the same in all 8 bottles. This flavor is extremely overpowering in Apple, I taste zero apple. I wasn't sure if that was a FS signature thing or not? I guess we'll see if steeping can improves things!

Just curious, why steep with caps off, I have not researched this and would be concerned with contamination or evoporation, no? Secret tip??

I am also ordering only samples sizes until I lock in on something fantastic...which got me thinking, if they mix to order, are smaller batches hard to work with maybe? Difficult to achieve the desired results @ 5mils?

Backwoods has been my consistent favorite thus far, but I'm still exploring other vendors and flavors. I know something will strike my fancy sooner or later!

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, went out with family daughters birthday today. I wouldn't be concerned with evaporation since it's only a week or two and plus you won't be able to notice anyway. To the caps being off I do it because when we make homemade wine we make the wine steep "Ferment" for awhile and we always had the barrel with holes on the top with a glass tubing on it. My grandfather use to say it has to breath to get the taste. So that's why I do it. If after awhile they don't taste better give them a call. And yes I to bought Apple and it taste like all PG.

It is all so dependant on the juice, because they are all so different. Some need to steep a long time, some need to steep a day or two, and others not at all. I usually steep my juices about a week, unless I have had them before and I know they don't need it.

If after a week they still don't taaste great, then I wait and try them about every week, sometimes they are great sometimes they never get there and I just end up dumping it or giving it away.

I steep with the lid on, but I have heard from many people that if you do it with the lid off that it goes faster.

Man I have never heard of steeping e liquid before, and I am all sorts of turned off by the thought. If I pay good money for a juice, I would full on expect it to come ready to vape. If I wanted to "steep" or cure any of my flavors, I'd mix my own juice. Two thumbs down...

Edited by thorne

I agree thorne ,I want it ready to go.The cap off thing allows whatever that funk is to evaporate out.I don't think I would put it in ,but thats me.I got some that tasted like they had mothballs in it.I am giving up on domestic liquid ,I have tried six so far and even though they had great reveiws I was not impressed enough to order any again.Either they tatse bad or they ruin atties.I suppose everyone has different taste in liquid so find what works for you and vape on. :thumbsup:

• 1 year later...

I'm not sure why the "Steeping" process makes a difference but it does! I have ordered from EC Blend, Tasty Vapor, Volcano and eVaporClouds. Some juices are good right away and some definitely need some time.

EC Blend (70% PG, 30% VG is what I select) is very inexpensive (30 ML $8.99 + $2 shipping) and they have some really good juices... There have been a couple of occasions where I have gotten a liquid from them that had a funky undertone but at $2.50 for a 5 ML sample bottle, who cares. They have a mix called Dragon's Blood that is AWESOME! It is light, sweet and creamy and I could vape this one immediately and for days. I ordered large amounts of this... I have been vaping some other flavors for a couple of weeks now and decided to go back to the Dragon's Blood... Wow, what a difference 2 weeks made. It's flavor has really changed...Not bad but I'm not sure I like it as much. I did order it with extra flavor so I'm thinking the next order will be normal flavor and let it steep for a week or more. Their Pina Colada (extra flavor)... first got it and vaped. Didn't like it. A week later yum. Peaches and Cream (Create your Own with 80% white peach and 20% sweet cream, add sweetner and extra flavor) good right off the bat and better after a week or more.

Tasty Vapor (70% PG, 30% VG is what I select) and there is no option for extra flavor but you don't need it here. You have the option to add sweetner and they recommend it but if you don't like sweet vapes then you don't have to have it. Excellent vendor. A bit higher on the price(30 ML $15.00 + $5 shipping). They run specials with selected flavors everyweek which takes the price down from $15 to $10.50. Their flavors are so good but you really do need to let them steep for a week. I got the Cheese Cake with pear topping and it was okay... a week later OMG!!! Delicious... I can't get enough of this stuff. You can taste it all right down to the graham cracker crust. I didn't like the Bananas Foster but that was because of the cinnamon. My mom loved it. I just ordered banana nut bread and another bottle of cheese cake. The cheese cake is plain and you choose your topping.

eVaporClouds(70% PG, 30% VG is what I select)... Blueberry Cotton Candy and Heaven's nectar. Both good right off the bat but both better after a week or so. The flavor on these doesn't change much it just becomes more vibrant??? Their prices are (30 ML $13.00 + $2 shipping) as well but they do have good juice!

Volcano (80% PG, 20% VG is their only option) and (30 ML $19.99 + $7 or $3 shipping). I don't like any of their juices. They are fair in flavor and you only have 2 options for nicotine levels. Not bad juice but not good. I like a more flavorful liquid.

It's really trial and error with finding an all day vape. It's been several months and 30 flavors later but I've found several that I can vape all day :) Heaven's Nectar is REALLY good but be careful if you opt to buy it... It's a bit different. Heaven's Nectar, Dragon's Blood, Cheese Cake with Pear topping, Peaches and Cream and Blueberry Cotton Candy and I'm good to go!!

Good luck!!

you let it steep to allow the flavor molocules to open, like tea in a way. I mix all my own and all mine are ready roughly 5 days after i make it. you dont steep with the cap off either. that is only to remove any perfumy taste.