Started Dripping Today. I Think I'm Stopping It Today Too

Sheff

Okay, so I've been reading the forums for several weeks. I've been vaping with a KR808 for over half a year and finally quit analogs 5 weeks ago. I got my Riva in the other day and the 3.0ohm carts. There is a world of difference between the Riva and the KR808 slim batteries. Now that the intro is out of the way here are my thoughts about dripping:

1. I got LR atty's (think I ordered them by mistake - I don't like the HOTBOX feeling)

2. I watched the videos about dripping and read for hours on the forums.

3. My attys came in today and I was so excited. I checked for a wick and these were already wickless.

4. I dropped in two drops of some juicyvapor Wake-n-vape that I've been using every morning for awhile.

5. Tasted burnt. I took several toots off of it and it still kinda tasted like a dry KR808.

6. Dropped in some other juice. Same burnt taste. I tried each juice in a 510 carto and it tasted fine.

I've dropped and vaped right away. I've dropped and waited 10 minutes or so. The tobacco sample I got from LF w/ the attys isn't bad the first toot or two, but again, I can still have a faint burnt taste to it. Maybe I burned the atty before I started or is this a bad atty and I should open another one?

Maybe the LR attys are just not right for me, but I was so excited to try dripping that I'm now pretty disappointed. Am I doing something wrong? I never tasted any primer and I blew out the atty, flooded it (eventually). Blew it out again and it heats up and vaps like a dragon, but everything tastes burnt.

Any suggestions? I hope it's not the atty because I have 4 more. I was soooo excited about dripping and getting a break from the ups and down consitency of the KR808s that this has been a pretty big let down for me. Any help would be great.

Huh. You blew out the primer and dripped only two drops, right? When I first load up my atty after blowing juice or primer out, it takes at least six drops to start it working well. My understanding is the Riva is similar to an eGo and that's what I use. With LR attys (atties? which way do you like? choose at your pleasure!), I've found that my standard issue eGo batteries (650mAh) won't fire it. I don't know why. Do you have any higher mAh batteries to try on? Or someone to loan you one to see? Barring that, I'd say try another atty and put six drops in to start after blowing out primer and see what happens. I love LR atties (I'm going with this spelling!) and don't like regulars or even regular cartos anymore. Good luck and get back to us!

Thanks AimeeG. I think atties is probably the correct way. I struggled with that too!

In any case, you were right. I wasn't starting with enough juice. After some trial and error these atties seem to like between 5-6 drops. There is a little gurgling for a second, but no burnt taste. The Riva batteries are 750mAh and seem to be working fine. I think I'll give it a try again today when my tastebuds are back to neutral.

Someone recommended I use base VG or PG to dilute/clean. He said to fill the atty up. Blow it out and then I'd be good to go. I think I'll pick some up and give that a try. It should be enough to dilute or get rid of the flavoring when I change juices right?

Thanks again.

:thumbsup: Excellent!

Maybe you would have good luck if you followed the Dooder method for cleaning the icky one. Let me know if it works!

Oh, and after it's "primed" with those six drops when I first start using it after having blown it out, I just put two in to keep it going after every four hits or so.

Enjoy and vape on!

I think LR/High voltage tastes bad as well,I just stick with standard resistance and low voltage.It might be the liquid we use just tases better at lower temperature.I also suspect some people are thinking that harsh hit in the throat is a good thing.

My next atty will be standard res. I may be looking at the 3ohm ones like the carts I have. I like the cooler feeling. I don't like it when it gets so hot it feels like hotboxing a cig.

Well, with several people PMing me, I think I figured it out. I like it. I may agree with Jolly though, dripping every few puffs may get a little old, but it is nice to get up in the morning or get home from work and choose my flavor without having to fill a cart, find a filled cart, toot an empty cart, or otherwise goof around. I like dripping now that I've had some time to work with it and some great advice.

Thanks guys.

Picked up a regular atty and I like dripping a lot more with it. Lots of juices seemed to go really fast with the LR atty. The regular atty gives a nice smooth taste that I enjoy. I smoked lights for years and never really cared for the heavier smokes.

Dripping directly on the bridge makes a difference too I learned. :rolleyes2:

:thumbsup: Excellent!

Maybe you would have good luck if you followed the Dooder method for cleaning the icky one. Let me know if it works!

Oh, and after it's "primed" with those six drops when I first start using it after having blown it out, I just put two in to keep it going after every four hits or so.

Enjoy and vape on!

And a double thumbs-up to you aimee! :thumbsup:

I definitely recommend the "Dooder method" for restoring toasted attys.

There's a big learning curve with vaping and one you'll probably never fully master. You'll always discover some new nuance with your particular device/atty etc. It can be frustrating at times but consider the alternative... :thumbsdown:

I thank the chinaman who gave me ecigs, now I just wish a japanese american would perfect it and make them more consistent/reliable. Seriously tho, a chinaman could do it also, and I'd be just as happy. :innocent:

If you want to use your 808 cartos you can buy the exact same Riva battery but with an 808 fitting. Cigeasy.com has the Elegant Easy which is a 750mah battery with an 808 fitting...I have the brushed gold one and like it a lot. They also have the XXL elegant easy which is a 1300mah battery with an 808 fitting....uses all the same 808 cartos. I fill up a bunch of cartos in advance, I don't refill until they run dry or if I want some other flavor. I have been vaping without the white end cap and using a drip tip instead which increases the air flow A LOT and you get a lot more TH as well as more flavor and vapor. I love vaping with the drip tip too....got the transparent ones at alvinecigs.com ....only 2.49 a piece...because of the way they are shaped, if you drip liquid in them, it runs down the sides right into the filler and works great for topping off the liquid if you don't want to switch cartos, which is what I have been doing. I have some other drip tips, but they have a straight hole in the middle which doesn't work well with a carto because then it goes down the middle part where you DON'T want liquid. But the other drip tips work perfectly with a carto. The air flow with out the cap on is much better too, so you don't have to draw nearly as hard. I have no interest in dripping, I vape way too much, I would have to drip literally every minute. I timed how many drags/draws I take and if I only got like 4-6 that is a minute or 90 seconds at most....it would be insane for me to drip. I love the elegant easy batteries, for what they are. Now that I have used my cartos on mods at a higher voltage I am just going to switch to mods, which I should have done a LONG time ago!! I am glad you figured out the problem and are having better luck!!

Another vote to stick with cartos w/ drip tip! Just remember to keep em wet and you'll never have to worry about that "burnt atty taste" you are sure to get dripping. At least that's how I treat mine... carry around a bottle drop a few drops every once in a while. I don't even like the taste of a carto that is going dry. :thumbsup:

Edited by DAYVAPE

Thanks for the info. I figured if I want to go 808s I'll just buy the adapter. Seems more versatile. The 808s are great for just hiding in my pocket and sneaking for a quick stealth vape. I think I like the 510s better than the 808s. The cartomizers seem a little more, I don't know, stable?? Dripping is great for testing juice. I'm going to start making my juices soon and dripping seems like the way to go to test them out.

I agree with Juliery that I don't think I could drip all day. Thanks for all the info guys. I appreciate it.

Another vote to stick with cartos w/ drip tip! Just remember to keep em wet and you'll never have to worry about that "burnt atty taste" you are sure to get dripping. At least that's how I treat mine... carry around a bottle drop a few drops every once in a while. I don't even like the taste of a carto that is going dry. :thumbsup:

I love having the drip tip on my carto....works great. I think too, like now, I can tell the difference in taste when I need to top it off. At first I would run them dry every time, YUCK. But now I can tell when the difference in taste comes, I just add a few drops. I don't even know the last time I had a carto go dry, has been a long time. I think using a carto with drip tip is the best of both....not constantly dripping but not switching cartos either.

I've been using the same 2 kr808 cartos every day for at least two weeks. I just top them off in the morning and throw them in my pocket. I haven't changed my current carto in several days. Topping off is the way to go. I just built a AA 3.7 box mod. A small bottle and I should be go for a whole day!

I love having the drip tip on my carto....works great. I think too, like now, I can tell the difference in taste when I need to top it off. At first I would run them dry every time, YUCK. But now I can tell when the difference in taste comes, I just add a few drops. I don't even know the last time I had a carto go dry, has been a long time. I think using a carto with drip tip is the best of both....not constantly dripping but not switching cartos either.

Couldn't agree more!! I never let one go dry on me either... I may work one down halfway sometimes, but that's not often. I like the juice tasting as fresh as possible... so that keeps me "POPPIN' AND TOPPIN'" quite often... but it doesn't bother me. It's STILL my preferred method... and even after the eGo "TANK"... SANK! :thumbsup:

Edited by DAYVAPE

Couldn't agree more!! I never let one go dry on me either... I may work one down halfway sometimes, but that's not often. I like the juice tasting as fresh as possible... so that keeps me "POPPIN' AND TOPPIN'" quite often... but it doesn't bother me. It's STILL my preferred method... and even after the eGo "TANK"... SANK! :thumbsup:

Tank eGo "Sank"? Did it not work out for you? I was looking into getting one of those, but I haven't seen a great deal of AWESOMENESS come from people. Like the CE2s it seems like it is a hit or miss thing. Was your experience a miss?

• 2 weeks later...

How often do you guys change out your cartos when you are using a drip tip on them? I have noticed the taste goes a little off, and the vapor diminishes.. But I keep vaping out of them. I rotate between two because I need to switch up the flavor. Also, do you guys trash them or boil them? Seems like a waste of time to me.

I tried the drip tip on my 510 carto and got too much airflow, but putting the cone back on solved that problem!

As for the tank, I have two to burn through but I will not be buying them again. Very little flavor and TH compared to cartos. My mouth gets sore from sucking and sucking on them just to get some satisfaction. I found a little mod somewhere to push down the wick with a paperclip in the hole which helped a lot. But nope, not again! :)

Hope I could help a bit!

Mary :)