Switchin From Analogs And...

dreken105

Oh ok so I am thinking about switching over from analogs but I have a few usage/usability questions. Imma just list them and feel free to answer w.e you can/want.

I know the 501s are supposed to have a short(er?) battery life but thats for continuous use right? I really just smoke between classes or girls lol (in college)so its like 5 a day on the weekdays but like 20 on weekends.

Can I fill my carts/cartos and just leave them in a PCC? I dont know if filling them on the go is really plausible like I said, I smoke between ****.

Can someone give me an idea of how long a cart/carto lasts? I can go through a pack a day on weekends but a two pack the rest of the week.(i know that a bit hard to answer sry)

How much liquid goes into a cart/carto?

I see a lot of sites out there with 501s for sale but no company. can these be trusted? specifically cignot. i hate shady looking sites but there are so many. (with cool deals and options)

uhh i think thats about it. thanks for your help.

Hi Dreken,

I buy a lot from Cignot and they have been exceptionally good for me. Great at fast shipping, quality, and especially good at communicating. Their 510's are all Joye - honestly, if you email them they will email you back quick and in a hurry.

I started out with an eGo kit, so I had to eGo's and I would charge them up and take them with me when I left home for the day, like for work, etc. Never went through a whole battery yet on one, and I am like you - vape on breaks, etc.

I JUST bought carts - they just came last night so I'm not so sure on how they work right now, but lots of other new people can help.

Hi Dreken,

I buy a lot from Cignot and they have been exceptionally good for me. Great at fast shipping, quality, and especially good at communicating. Their 510's are all Joye - honestly, if you email them they will email you back quick and in a hurry.

I started out with an eGo kit, so I had to eGo's and I would charge them up and take them with me when I left home for the day, like for work, etc. Never went through a whole battery yet on one, and I am like you - vape on breaks, etc.

I JUST bought carts - they just came last night so I'm not so sure on how they work right now, but lots of other new people can help.

Thanks dude, yea they just looked a little shady lol. As for the eGo i have been thinking about it and it would be ok when i am in between classes but when i really need a smoke in the more social setting if like to be able blend a little. i really got sucked into the ecig thing by blu (thankfully researched before i bought)so i was really into the whole PCC thing and it kinda looking like analogs. i havent decided yet though so thanks for the tips

Thanks dude, yea they just looked a little shady lol. As for the eGo i have been thinking about it and it would be ok when i am in between classes but when i really need a smoke in the more social setting if like to be able blend a little. i really got sucked into the ecig thing by blu (thankfully researched before i bought)so i was really into the whole PCC thing and it kinda looking like analogs. i havent decided yet though so thanks for the tips

**** sorry didnt read your gender before my reply thanks ... friend! lol gender neutral for the win

Welcome to Vapor Talk! Cignot is a good supplier with an excellent reputation and great customer service - I've ordered from them a few times. If I recall correctly, a cart will hold about 10-12 drops of eliquid. Typically, that won't last very long, but if you're a lighter smoker (during the week) you may be quite happy with it. You may want to get some cartomizers. That's one piece attomizer that will hold about 30 drops. I would say that would last you a fairly long time and would be ideal for what you're describing.

The stick style batteries should be fine for your use,.....I would have 3 of them though, for your weekend use. Only because they take 3-4 hours to charge. My husband smoked about what you do and he is fine with the normal "cigarette looking" stick batteries for at work, where he just vapes during breaks, and here and there. Then on his way home, a 35 min drive, he vapes more. He can use like 2 cartos in a day. I, on the other hand, was rotating SIX of the stick style batteries, two chargers AND using a passthrough and it sucked. I was a heavy smoker though, 2-3ppd for 30 years. How long a carto lasts depends a lot on the carto. Even when you have five all bought together, doesn't mean they hold the same amount of liquid or last the same amount of time. I go through 8-10 a day. I carry a case with like 12 filled cartos, and the batteries. The only carto I have ON a battery is the one I am currently using. I know on certain sites where they sell cases some of them say that they hold a fully assembled carto/battery, so I guess you CAN do that, I just don't. I keep the cart condoms on the cartos till I use them. Any PCC I have ever had (didn't like it though, took just as long to charge in car charger, so I would just leave them there) or seen only holds the batteries without the carto on them. But there could be others that do hold them assembled, don't really know the answer to that as I didn't care for lugging around yet another kind of case. Now I am using a riva style device, but for my KR808 cartos....they are 750mah, and I get less than 5 hours from one...about 4 1/2....but other people that don't vape as much can get 8-12 hours. But I can also kill an XL stick style battery in 45 mins first thing in the morning. SO when I am at home, on my computer, watching tv, etc...I use my passthrough on my netbook. I am FINALLY, after almost a year, getting a mod, so that should solve most of my problems. You can totally carry the assembled battery/carto at school for use between classes, etc.

If you get that kind of starter kit, with a couple long or xl batteries, that should be sufficient to start with and then you could gauge from there if you need another battery, how long it lasts you, etc. I would not get anything under a 280mah.....personally I would do the XL 380mah just to be safe....still looks like a cig,just longer. I ended up with 3 XL starter kits, (my husband swiped one of the chargers). We also bought single batteries just for backup. So total, between both of us we have 15 stick batteries......but now I just use the two 750's, the passthrough and very soon my mod. I do keep one of the 380's in my case, just for backup. I try to be prepared for anything, LOL. I think the main thing is just to start with something reasonable and then gauge your use from there and figure out what would be best. It does take some experimenting around. Anything you choose will be better than smoking. Welcome and good luck!!

The stick style batteries should be fine for your use,.....I would have 3 of them though, for your weekend use. Only because they take 3-4 hours to charge. My husband smoked about what you do and he is fine with the normal "cigarette looking" stick batteries for at work, where he just vapes during breaks, and here and there. Then on his way home, a 35 min drive, he vapes more. He can use like 2 cartos in a day. I, on the other hand, was rotating SIX of the stick style batteries, two chargers AND using a passthrough and it sucked. I was a heavy smoker though, 2-3ppd for 30 years. How long a carto lasts depends a lot on the carto. Even when you have five all bought together, doesn't mean they hold the same amount of liquid or last the same amount of time. I go through 8-10 a day. I carry a case with like 12 filled cartos, and the batteries. The only carto I have ON a battery is the one I am currently using. I know on certain sites where they sell cases some of them say that they hold a fully assembled carto/battery, so I guess you CAN do that, I just don't. I keep the cart condoms on the cartos till I use them. Any PCC I have ever had (didn't like it though, took just as long to charge in car charger, so I would just leave them there) or seen only holds the batteries without the carto on them. But there could be others that do hold them assembled, don't really know the answer to that as I didn't care for lugging around yet another kind of case. Now I am using a riva style device, but for my KR808 cartos....they are 750mah, and I get less than 5 hours from one...about 4 1/2....but other people that don't vape as much can get 8-12 hours. But I can also kill an XL stick style battery in 45 mins first thing in the morning. SO when I am at home, on my computer, watching tv, etc...I use my passthrough on my netbook. I am FINALLY, after almost a year, getting a mod, so that should solve most of my problems. You can totally carry the assembled battery/carto at school for use between classes, etc.

If you get that kind of starter kit, with a couple long or xl batteries, that should be sufficient to start with and then you could gauge from there if you need another battery, how long it lasts you, etc. I would not get anything under a 280mah.....personally I would do the XL 380mah just to be safe....still looks like a cig,just longer. I ended up with 3 XL starter kits, (my husband swiped one of the chargers). We also bought single batteries just for backup. So total, between both of us we have 15 stick batteries......but now I just use the two 750's, the passthrough and very soon my mod. I do keep one of the 380's in my case, just for backup. I try to be prepared for anything, LOL. I think the main thing is just to start with something reasonable and then gauge your use from there and figure out what would be best. It does take some experimenting around. Anything you choose will be better than smoking. Welcome and good luck!!

well at the moment i have the tester kit ordered with some metha liquid. after that my plan is to get some kinda 501 kit with a PCC. then depending on my financial situation i wanna get a eGo passthrough. at that point ill have three 501 bats and the eGo. that from what ive heard should be good for my smoking habits though i am alittle worried ill be smoking more especially since i dont have to go outside in cold Syracuse weather anymore.

I hope you didn't get sucked into one of those deals where you pay a (unreal) low price for the kit and they charge you monthly there after. I'm not sure what they send you monthly to justify the monthly charge. The e-cigs and carts are junk.

Oops, I just reread your original post, cignot is a good company. Sorry! :blush:

Edited by Sharon