Dumb Charger.

Well the unthinkable happened. My e-cig charger just crapped out on me. The light is staying green and the mains adapter will not unscrew from it. I think when my battery got stuck earlier, I broke the adapter into the charger. Dumb of me, especially because I have had this charger for 6-7 months and should have known I needed a backup.

I might be smoking for 4-6 days, until my chargers from wordupecig.com come in...it sucks, but maybe, just MAYBE, I can beat the desire and not smoke. Not holding out much hope. I ordered TWO chargers, just in case one arrives DOA, or if the other breaks I have a backup. Shoulda remembered the Cardinal Rule, backups, backups, and more backups.

Do you think there may have been some juice in your battery when you screwed into the charger? I'm wondering what would have made it stick? I don't want to do the same thing because I do not have a charger back up for my eGo. :question:

Sharon: Plenty of juice got onto the adapter in the first week or so of having it, but eventually I learned about cleaning the battery off with a napkin and keeping any juice from getting onto the charger/adapter.

Kitsune: It's okay. I guess I just had to learn that even if you are low on money, you should make sure that at some point, you get backup equipment for vaping. It is a hard lesson, but one that has probably made me a better vaper! Now I'll make sure that I don't ever screw up on chargers, batteries, atomizers, or e-juice...I've messed up at one point with all of them!

With a little persistance you should be able to get it .The battery might bite the bullet though.Sometimes the brass adapter gets loose and is probably spinning .Pull it off and use needle nose pliers to get the brass adapter out.A passthrough is good insuranse as well.

Edited by mcquinn

I need to pick up an extra mod battery charger! Thx for posting this! and I hope WordUp hurries with your charger!! If you must smoke, get a brand you don't like or a "safer" lol brand like American Spirit.

Edited by Uma

Woah! Never thought something like that could happen! Thank you so much for posting this...though back ups are ALWAYS important, never really came to mind when it comes to battery chargers! Heh, I guess the saying is true: "You learn something new every single day." I hope you can hang on until the new charger comes in!

:detective:

Well, I just had a great experience over the weekend. Not only did my car go wild and do a complete 360 spin on the freeway after hitting a patch of black ice (I and my fiance both got away without any scratches on our person or OUTSIDE damage to the car...I think the axle and tie-rods got a hit though. I'm just glad no one else was on the road), I got a message from the person I ordered the chargers from. Jeffrey at wordupecig.com is a great guy. He told me to message him my order number and he would try to expo the order and get it to me faster. Unbelievable customer service. I thank vaportalk for making it possible. Here is my post: http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/forum/topic/10393-wordupecig-a-true-hero/

Edited by PsychoMaster

Well, I just had a great experience over the weekend. Not only did my car go wild and do a complete 360 spin on the freeway after hitting a patch of black ice (I and my fiance both got away without any scratches on our person or OUTSIDE damage to the car...I think the axle and tie-rods got a hit though. I'm just glad no one else was on the road), I got a message from the person I ordered the chargers from. Jeffrey at wordupecig.com is a great guy. He told me to message him my order number and he would try to expo the order and get it to me faster. Unbelievable customer service. I thank vaportalk for making it possible. Here is my post: http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/forum/topic/10393-wordupecig-a-true-hero/

OMG, thank God you and your fiance are okay!! That must have been terrifying. My husband and I and our youngest daughter were driving on the tollroad and a car ahead of us did that.....it was the scariest thing I have ever seen...the car was just spinning around across all 4 lanes and we stopped as fast as we could, numerous other cars did the same and it was pure luck that he managed to spin in a way that he didn't hit any other cars. After he finally stopped spinning he just drove away, no problem. But seeing that, I can only imagine what it was like to be the driver. SOOooooooo glad you are both okay!!

Awesome for you about the charger, I've herd about wordup once, and now after reading this I may have to give them a try. Luckly I have a back up charger and also a 510 pass thru, that might be some thing you should get in another order, it is a great back up. I belive it is 15 - 20 bucks. Better safe then sorry! Hope you can hold off on the smokes! Goos luck.

OMG, thank God you and your fiance are okay!! That must have been terrifying. My husband and I and our youngest daughter were driving on the tollroad and a car ahead of us did that.....it was the scariest thing I have ever seen...the car was just spinning around across all 4 lanes and we stopped as fast as we could, numerous other cars did the same and it was pure luck that he managed to spin in a way that he didn't hit any other cars. After he finally stopped spinning he just drove away, no problem. But seeing that, I can only imagine what it was like to be the driver. SOOooooooo glad you are both okay!!

Thanks. Yeah, I was thanking God at the time, and right at bed. It was weird while it was happening, because it actually wasn't that scary. My first thought was, "Oh, SH#$", followed by, "This is kinda like a car video game, turn and don't freak out". My spin out was only in 2 of the lanes and no one was driving near us at the time (another thank God moment). I might just be desensitized by video games...hahaha lol (glad I am still alive to laugh about it!).

OMG, PsychoMaster, was that you on I-75 northbound around 11:30pm Saturday night in a white mini van? The roads were total crap for me driving home to north of Detroit from south of Detroit that night. It was ok from the Woodhaven area until the Rouge Bridge where the city proper starts and the highway didn't have any real lanes until after Eight Mile which is after the city proper. I'm so glad you are ok!

I do agree, Jeffrey at WordUp is good people. When I ordered my kit, he called me to ask me about something and walked me through the entire start-up procedure. So awesome!

OMG, PsychoMaster, was that you on I-75 northbound around 11:30pm Saturday night in a white mini van? The roads were total crap for me driving home to north of Detroit from south of Detroit that night. It was ok from the Woodhaven area until the Rouge Bridge where the city proper starts and the highway didn't have any real lanes until after Eight Mile which is after the city proper. I'm so glad you are ok!

I do agree, Jeffrey at WordUp is good people. When I ordered my kit, he called me to ask me about something and walked me through the entire start-up procedure. So awesome!

Nope, that one wasn't me. This happened around 9:30pm-10pm on Sunday, going southbound on I-75. I got to see quite a few people on the side of the road, usually with a cop car sitting there to prevent people from crashing into them, I'm just glad I didn't become one of em. We had a bit of a wild snow/sleet/slush blizzard for a while, so it doesn't surprise me that so many people spun-out/crashed.

Thanks. Yeah, I was thanking God at the time, and right at bed. It was weird while it was happening, because it actually wasn't that scary. My first thought was, "Oh, SH#$", followed by, "This is kinda like a car video game, turn and don't freak out". My spin out was only in 2 of the lanes and no one was driving near us at the time (another thank God moment). I might just be desensitized by video games...hahaha lol (glad I am still alive to laugh about it!).

I think it is different being the one in the situation where you have to react...but as a spectator, it was freaky.....it happened SO fast...like I couldn't believe how fast this car flew across all those lanes spinning and then back across them and in the opposite direction of the flow of traffic...like his car was coming toward us rather than away when he was initially way ahead of us. It was really bizarre to see. I have never seen anything like that. The important thing is that you guys weren't hurt and no one else was either!