What To Do When You Loose The Tip Cover To Your Cart/carto

Sharon

I use a cartomizer and on numerous occasions I have lost the rubber tip cover while topping off. I started taking the cover from other cartos, but that got to be frustrating. I saw this tip on a vaping video, so I gave it a try, and it works great.

You take the condom that came on the top of the cart/carto. Using a pair of sharp tip scissors, like used for sewing or cutting hair, pinch the condom between your thumb and first finger, so that the covered end/nipple end sticks out. Take your scissors and carefully clip off the center. You may want to nip one side and then the other. Rotate the condom a quarter of a turn and nip one side and then the other. Now you have cut out the center and there is a hole in the middle. It doesn't have to be a perfectly round hole, just a hole the size that is on the rubber tip. Take your condom and put it over your open cart/carto. You may have to shorten the length of your condom. I have found, depending on the brand, some condoms are longer than others. I use a eGo with the cone atty cover, so I need to shorten the condom. Now that you have placed the condom over the opened end, you can vape and no liquid gets in your mouth. Also, you will not need a paper clip, or what ever else you use to remove the rubber tip, you just pull off the condom to refill or top off.

I hope this helps other vaper's, like myself, that can't manage to hold on to their rubber tips. :rolleyes2:

Happy vaping! :thumbsup:

That's a great idea, thanks for sharing!

I use a Drip Tip in mine, and toss the plug. (on my 510 cartos). I still have to remove it while topping off (tilt and drip like you're pouring a beer) and it's so much easier to replace. Plus it's more comfortable in the mouth. Madvapes has 510 whistle tips, Goodprophets has 1 buck typical delrin tips, ...

I toss the condoms and the white insert and use a 901 or 510 cart that I cut about half off the end so it doesn't hit the filler.Way easier to fill and long enough it doesn't get hot.

I saw that when I originally started vaping, but I don't like all that added thickness from the carto condom. I fill like 50+ cartos at a time, or when I am just adding to a carto, I just take off the cap with a toothpick lay it on a napkin....still on the toothpick then stick it back on....leaving it on the toothpick makes it easier to pick back up. I have to say, I have never lost a cap, but I only take it off to fill and then put it right back on. When I am filling a lot at a time, I have the caps off like ten of them, laying on a napkin and stick them on as I fill one by one and stick on cart condoms. When I wash the caps, I wash them inside an old prescription pill bottle...put caps in, hot water about 3/4, a drop of dish soap and then the lid and swish around. After the water cools, I carefully pour them out into my hand, then run cool water through my hand with caps in it and rinse them off, dry them, and put them into a dry pill container. I keep almost ANY plastic container, because they come in so useful. As I take off cart condoms, I put them into one of those plastic Hillshire Farms containers, that their lunchmeat comes in...perfect. Old pill bottles, vitamin bottles are perfect for the caps....OR the little plastic Gerber baby food containers.....perfect size for lots of caps. When I do the whole boiling/soaking in everclear/boiling process with like 50 cartos, then I wash the caps and keep the caps in a container until I then fill the cartos when they are dry. One time I did drop a cap onto the floor and while my daughter was looking for it, I just vaped with no cap at all. As long as the carto isn't overfilled that works fine too. I rather that than the bulk of the condom on it, it just feels so big on my lips. But hey, whatever works for someone is great.

I saw that when I originally started vaping, but I don't like all that added thickness from the carto condom. I fill like 50+ cartos at a time, or when I am just adding to a carto, I just take off the cap with a toothpick lay it on a napkin....still on the toothpick then stick it back on....leaving it on the toothpick makes it easier to pick back up. I have to say, I have never lost a cap, but I only take it off to fill and then put it right back on. When I am filling a lot at a time, I have the caps off like ten of them, laying on a napkin and stick them on as I fill one by one and stick on cart condoms. When I wash the caps, I wash them inside an old prescription pill bottle...put caps in, hot water about 3/4, a drop of dish soap and then the lid and swish around. After the water cools, I carefully pour them out into my hand, then run cool water through my hand with caps in it and rinse them off, dry them, and put them into a dry pill container. I keep almost ANY plastic container, because they come in so useful. As I take off cart condoms, I put them into one of those plastic Hillshire Farms containers, that their lunchmeat comes in...perfect. Old pill bottles, vitamin bottles are perfect for the caps....OR the little plastic Gerber baby food containers.....perfect size for lots of caps. When I do the whole boiling/soaking in everclear/boiling process with like 50 cartos, then I wash the caps and keep the caps in a container until I then fill the cartos when they are dry. One time I did drop a cap onto the floor and while my daughter was looking for it, I just vaped with no cap at all. As long as the carto isn't overfilled that works fine too. I rather that than the bulk of the condom on it, it just feels so big on my lips. But hey, whatever works for someone is great.

Juliery, I have a question, when you fill so many carto's at a time, how long before you use them? Overtime, do they loose any juice or do they stay perfectly fine?

I have a confession, my daughter, who is now 17, does not know that I have started vaping. I don't want her to start worrying about me using nic. She was the main reason that I quit smoking back in 2004. We were in Disney World, walking down Main Street and she was crying over me smoking. That hit me square in my heart! I prayed to God to remove my cigarette addiction and he did. Out of the blue one morning, I woke up and did not even think about wanting a cig. As a matter of fact, I had to make myself remember that I was a smoker. It was diffidently a God thing! I take no credit for quiting smoking.

I am praying now that God forgives me for staring vaping. I feel that it is a kind of a slap in God's face. Anyway! :blush:

Juliery, I have a question, when you fill so many carto's at a time, how long before you use them? Overtime, do they loose any juice or do they stay perfectly fine?

I have a confession, my daughter, who is now 17, does not know that I have started vaping. I don't want her to start worrying about me using nic. She was the main reason that I quit smoking back in 2004. We were in Disney World, walking down Main Street and she was crying over me smoking. That hit me square in my heart! I prayed to God to remove my cigarette addiction and he did. Out of the blue one morning, I woke up and did not even think about wanting a cig. As a matter of fact, I had to make myself remember that I was a smoker. It was diffidently a God thing! I take no credit for quiting smoking.

I am praying now that God forgives me for staring vaping. I feel that it is a kind of a slap in God's face. Anyway! :blush:

I put cart condoms on them after filling them and they are used within a week to ten days....You figure when you buy prefilled ones they are probably filled months ahead of when you actually get them, let alone vape them.

As far as the nicotine thing, does your daughter drink coffee or pop or anything with sugar or eat junk food? Because all those things will cause at least as much harm as using nicotine. Caffeine affects the brain and body in almost the exact same way as nicotine and people give cola, iced tea, and all kinds of stuff like that to really young kids. Most teens drink coffee, even if it is a frappucino at Starbuck's still has caffeine. The problem with smoking is that cigs contain poison and known carcinogens. Never mind the smoke itself creating all kinds of problems. I don't conceal anything from my kids. Like any kids my kids begged me to stop smoking, didn't want me to die, etc. They saw me try many times, using many things, including being prayed over and every pill, gum, lozenge, patch, acupuncture, hypnosis, etc. It would last for awhile, sometimes as long as 23 mos but I would be crawling the walls the entire time. They would be practically begging me to start smoking again because I was a flat out nervous wreck. It was the actual act of smoking that was my problem. I would get way past the point where the nicotine was any issue. My kids are 27, 19, 13 and 12 and they are THRILLED that we are vaping. We have explained to them precisely what it is, they have read all about it, etc.

As far as God forgiving you, if you truly asked for forgiveness, then you know God forgives you. Plus it is not a sin against the soul, it is a sin against the flesh...not the sort of sin that gets you to hell. The only thing smoking would get anyone is to an early grave, but it is still not a sin that would send anyone to hell. God forgives our weakness...if we were all perfect and lived perfect lives we wouldn't need God in the first place. The only thing I pray is that I didn't smoke so much, for so long that in years from now I will end up with cancer or some other devastating effect from it anyway. I thank God for this existing, for technology getting to the point that this exists and I no longer feel ANY desire to smoke whatsoever.

Anyway, I actually have some cartos that I filled months ago after washing them that I then filled with liquid I no longer like, all sealed up with the condoms. My husband is vaping them now and they are totally fine. I imagine if you left them long enough there could be some minor drying out, but those condoms are on there so snugly, I don't think it could be very much. Actually a couple that I apparently overfilled are still overfilled because he has gotten a mouthful of liquid, LOL. I don't know how long it would take because apparently we haven't gotten to that amount of time yet.

I put cart condoms on them after filling them and they are used within a week to ten days....You figure when you buy prefilled ones they are probably filled months ahead of when you actually get them, let alone vape them.

As far as the nicotine thing, does your daughter drink coffee or pop or anything with sugar or eat junk food? Because all those things will cause at least as much harm as using nicotine. Caffeine affects the brain and body in almost the exact same way as nicotine and people give cola, iced tea, and all kinds of stuff like that to really young kids. Most teens drink coffee, even if it is a frappucino at Starbuck's still has caffeine. The problem with smoking is that cigs contain poison and known carcinogens. Never mind the smoke itself creating all kinds of problems. I don't conceal anything from my kids. Like any kids my kids begged me to stop smoking, didn't want me to die, etc. They saw me try many times, using many things, including being prayed over and every pill, gum, lozenge, patch, acupuncture, hypnosis, etc. It would last for awhile, sometimes as long as 23 mos but I would be crawling the walls the entire time. They would be practically begging me to start smoking again because I was a flat out nervous wreck. It was the actual act of smoking that was my problem. I would get way past the point where the nicotine was any issue. My kids are 27, 19, 13 and 12 and they are THRILLED that we are vaping. We have explained to them precisely what it is, they have read all about it, etc.

As far as God forgiving you, if you truly asked for forgiveness, then you know God forgives you. Plus it is not a sin against the soul, it is a sin against the flesh...not the sort of sin that gets you to hell. The only thing smoking would get anyone is to an early grave, but it is still not a sin that would send anyone to hell. God forgives our weakness...if we were all perfect and lived perfect lives we wouldn't need God in the first place. The only thing I pray is that I didn't smoke so much, for so long that in years from now I will end up with cancer or some other devastating effect from it anyway. I thank God for this existing, for technology getting to the point that this exists and I no longer feel ANY desire to smoke whatsoever.

Anyway, I actually have some cartos that I filled months ago after washing them that I then filled with liquid I no longer like, all sealed up with the condoms. My husband is vaping them now and they are totally fine. I imagine if you left them long enough there could be some minor drying out, but those condoms are on there so snugly, I don't think it could be very much. Actually a couple that I apparently overfilled are still overfilled because he has gotten a mouthful of liquid, LOL. I don't know how long it would take because apparently we haven't gotten to that amount of time yet.

Thanks for replying Juliery. I know I need to fess up with her, but I'm not ready yet. When I feel that I know enough about e cigs and vaping, I'll talk to her. I just want to make sure that when she bombards me with a zillion questions, I'll have the answers. I want to be prepared. She's tough! :construction:

Well you can always research things on your own, bookmark the sites and then when she bombards you, you can show her what you have found. At 17 at least she is plenty old enough to understand the simplicity of the fact that it is already MUCH safer than filling your lungs and airways with smoke, never mind anyone who happens to be around at the time. You can find tons of info of the comparison between nicotine and caffeine, they pretty much are the same type of stimulant. You could also point out that nicotine is not ALL bad....it is being studied and used in alzheimer's and parkinson's patients because it has been found to lessen the impairment on cognitive functions....you can google "parkinson's disease and nicotine"...same with alzheimer's. Nicotine isn't really the problem...it is the smoking it in tobacco form that is the problem....because of the over 4000 chemicals of which over 40 are known to cause cancer and there are just flat out poisons in cigs. The nicotine in cigarettes isn't even what really makes them dangerous. I found an interesting article last night, about nicotine and caffeine,....that they work on the same centers in the brain and if caffeine were smoked and nicotine was served in shops everywhere in a cup everyone would be screaming about caffeine...that it is about social norms etc. It was actually a pretty interesting article. Anyway, until you are ready to tell her, you can be gathering info to answer her questions....then if she were to find out accidentally you would be prepared too.

Sharon, I vape with God's blessing. He's the one who listened to my prayers and gave Hun the creativity and follow through to make the eCig. I could not stop smoking cigs for the life of me (like many others out there!). I begged him to make it easier for me somehow... I fessed up that I was a wuss of the worst kind and ... and I got mad that he let cigs be stronger than me when he promised he'd never make us go through anything too strong for us because he's right there by our side. I got mad, I quit going to church and everything. I asked and asked and asked for over 10 or 20 years to make a gadget that would simulate smoking and/or make real cigs taste so bad that I would stop craving them, or to make me lose my memory enough to the point that I'd forget I ever wanted one. Well, he toyed with my memory, let me tell ya. But then he finally gave in because of all the other smokers out there praying their hearts out to quit smoking and voila! This eCig is a miracle. He not only made it simulate a real cig and make real cigs taste awful, he went one better and gave us fantastic flavors to boot! I KNOW it's from God.

Edited by Uma

... As far as the nicotine thing, does your daughter drink coffee or pop or anything with sugar or eat junk food? Because all those things will cause at least as much harm as using nicotine. Caffeine affects the brain and body in almost the exact same way as nicotine and people give cola, iced tea, and all kinds of stuff like that to really young kids. Most teens drink coffee, even if it is a frappucino at Starbuck's still has caffeine.

It gets a bit tiring to see coffee disparaged and always refereed to as simply caffeine or lumped in with Mountain Dew. The lift, satisfaction, and health benefits provided by coffee can never be duplicated by pure caffeine. There are additional stimulating effects of coffee which have nothing to do with its caffeine content. Coffee is a complex product with many components.

http://www.health.harvard.edu/press_releases/coffee_health_benefits

Sounds pretty good to me.

Much coffee research has been done in Finland, the highest coffee consuming nation. So far the main thing they have found is that Finland has one of the lowest rates of type II diabetes in the world.

It gets a bit tiring to see coffee disparaged and always refereed to as simply caffeine or lumped in with Mountain Dew. The lift, satisfaction, and health benefits provided by coffee can never be duplicated by pure caffeine. There are additional stimulating effects of coffee which have nothing to do with its caffeine content. Coffee is a complex product with many components.

http://www.health.harvard.edu/press_releases/coffee_health_benefits

Sounds pretty good to me.

Much coffee research has been done in Finland, the highest coffee consuming nation. So far the main thing they have found is that Finland has one of the lowest rates of type II diabetes in the world.

The article is interesting. Maybe I should make a copy for my doctor when he complains about the amount of coffee I drink. But, it might not be helpful in the cholesterol level department. I'll have to think this one over!

Thanks WillBlack! :thumbsup:

The article is interesting. Maybe I should make a copy for my doctor when he complains about the amount of coffee I drink. But, it might not be helpful in the cholesterol level department. I'll have to think this one over!

Thanks WillBlack! :thumbsup:

Cool.

I don't know if you are are taking statins, much of the tests were done on men. Seems woman react differently to them. It's also important to note that controlling dietary cholesterol has little real impact. In a nurses study with those who consumed less, their bodies produced more, and for those who ate more their bodies ended up producing less. Hopefully your Doc has looked at your triglycerides. In other parts of the world these are considered more important than the made up cholesterol levels the US uses.

Good Luck.